User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Justices side with Colorado baker on same-sex wedding cake

But the trend of our society is towards inclusiveness and not away from it, so this hand wringing about a return to the old oppressive days is misplaced, and is a cloak for thought control rather than equality.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    But the trend of our society is towards inclusiveness and not away from it, so this hand wringing about a return to the old oppressive days is misplaced, and is a cloak for thought control rather than equality.
    As if we will somehow slide up the slippery slope.

It went from, "Why do you care what happens in my bedroom?" to, "You MUST participate in my wedding celebration," in a matter of years. But this decision is somehow going to lead to mass persecution.

OK.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post

It went from, "Why do you care what happens in my bedroom?" to, "You MUST participate in my wedding celebration," in a matter of years. But this decision is somehow going to lead to mass persecution.

OK.
    Well frankly that is always what gay rights has been about in some circles. They don’t want tolerance, they want mandated appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post

OK.
    Well frankly that is always what gay rights has been about in some circles. They don’t want tolerance, they want mandated appreciation.
    Well, that is definitely the crux of the entire thing. This is not about rights, it is about culture. Rights and freedom isn't about everyone owing you things, it is about you having the self governance to control your own destiny without interference. We all have the freedom to not participate in the desires of others. I cannot fathom how we have come to the point that we have truly began to demand that the government rule over us.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Well, that is definitely the crux of the entire thing. This is not about rights, it is about culture. Rights and freedom isn't about everyone owing you things, it is about you having the self governance to control your own destiny without interference. We all have the freedom to not participate in the desires of others. I cannot fathom how we have come to the point that we have truly began to demand that the government rule over us.
    Yeah we aren't even talking about freedom to do or not do something. You're talking about actively forcing someone to perform a service. Any time the government wants to do that it deserves the highest of scrutiny. And no homosexuality isn't a protected class the same way that race is a protected class. And no I don't believe it should be.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    What is the exact harm if one bakery out of 20 in a community doesn’t serve minoroties?

The default state of our society should be minimum laws with laws only bring passed to correct problems. We don’t need laws to force everyone to adhere to the same moral code.

If enough stores stopped serving minorities then they would pass a law to target that problem. But if one kook wants to turn away business, that is his prerogative and it’s not harming anyone even if that one store continues to exist.
    The market will. bear. itself. out.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah we aren't even talking about freedom to do or not do something. You're talking about actively forcing someone to perform a service. Any time the government wants to do that it deserves the highest of scrutiny. And no homosexuality isn't a protected class the same way that race is a protected class. And no I don't believe it should be.
    You clearly hate gays.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    You clearly hate gays.
    I know, maybe we should just make everything a protected class and we can all live in bubbles. Assholes exist, you can't regulate it out of this country.

11. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    Considering that they didn’t address that at all, I am sure that someone will try to use this ruling as a way to not serve LGBT
    They didn't have to address it. The bakery had serviced that couple before and had no issue with it. They created the problem when they asked them for a wedding cake. The baker refused to do that since supporting a gay wedding would have been against his beliefs. Solution should have been for them to go elsewhere, but no, they had to create a legal case. It exactly flows with the ridiculous examples Schmitty gave. NO leftist would ever challenge the Muslims on not making a Jewish wedding cake would they?

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Fuck whites.

They are the problem.

Have been for centuries.
    I'd venture to say whites are the reason more non whites are alive to day than ever. So there's that. Ass