User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Justices side with Colorado baker on same-sex wedding cake

  1. #31
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,784
    It didn’t take long for Clark to apologize for his comments, later saying to a newspaper, “I would never advocate discriminating against people based on their color or race.” (Even though that’s quite literally what he said.)

    No, that's not "quite literally what he said."

    He's advocating for individual liberty, not for racism.

    This is why we can't have real discourse anymore.

  2. #32
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    No, that's not "quite literally what he said."

    He's advocating for individual liberty, not for racism.

    This is why we can't have real discourse anymore.
    Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”

  3. #33
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,493

    Tennessee hardware store puts up 'No Gays Allowed' sign

    An East Tennessee hardware store owner decided to express his beliefs following the Supreme Court's ruling allowing same-sex marriage by putting up a sign that reads, "No Gays Allowed."

    Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, Tennessee., about an hour outside of Knoxville, added the "No Gays Allowed" sign on Monday, because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

    Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that LGBT people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

    "They gladly stand for what they believe in, why can't I? They believe their way is right, I believe it's wrong. But yet I'm going to take more persecution than them because I'm standing for what I believe in," Amyx said.

    On Tuesday, Amyx removed the "No Gays allowed" sign and replaced it with a sign that says: "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who would violate our rights of freedom of speech & freedom of religion."

  4. #34
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,435
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”
    He wasn't advocating that people do that. He was advocating for an individuals ability to choose who they do services for. Which is why he went on to talk about communities not supporting businesses who refuse to serve people based on race and them ultimately going out of business as a result.

    I guess it's easiest to pick a few words and place them out of context though.

  5. #35
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,352
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

  6. #36
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,435
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post


    "No Whites Allowed"

    Yeah that doesn't sound racist at all.

  7. #37
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post


    "No Whites Allowed"

    Yeah that doesn't sound racist at all.
    Fuck whites.

    They are the problem.

    Have been for centuries.

  8. #38
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    He wasn't advocating that people do that. He was advocating for an individuals ability to choose who they do services for. Which is why he went on to talk about communities not supporting businesses who refuse to serve people based on race and them ultimately going out of business as a result.

    I guess it's easiest to pick a few words and place them out of context though.
    And like the article asked: And if the community doesn’t put them out of business?

    What then?

    What happens to the minorities that live in that community or ones just passing through? Tough shit? Personal liberty and all?

  9. #39
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Fuck whites.

    They are the problem.

    Have been for centuries.
    Pretty general comment. Whites are the problem to what for centuries.
    Since Day One

  10. #40
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,435
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Fuck whites.

    They are the problem.

    Have been for centuries.


    Fight racism with more racism. Yeah that will probably work. Are people really this dumb?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •