MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Big night tonight, Ed.

I hope your boy can pull it out and send it to 7, then the pressure shifts to Cleveland.

BTW, how was the visit to Chicago?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
A 7 run lead in the 9th and Maddon keeps Chapman out there? God damn, is he THAT afraid of the rest of his bullpen? Seems pretty stupid to me to burn out your biggest gun in the pen with this game pretty much in hand and game 7 for all the marbles tomorrow night.

D

Deuce

I get the "You gotta get to game 7 first" mantra, but I think Chicago played it wrong going with Arrieta last night. They still need to go with Hendricks to win it all, so I would have started him last night and put out your ace to go against Kluber.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Big night tonight, Ed.

I hope your boy can pull it out and send it to 7, then the pressure shifts to Cleveland.

BTW, how was the visit to Chicago?
The trip was great. I saw the first 4 innings of Friday's game at an airport bar with everyone else who was waiting on that plane to Chicago, and was spared the misery of seeing the rest since I was in the air. Saturday was not a good result in the game but it was a lot of fun watching it in a bar a little west of Wrigley. Would have been even more fun had the Cubs given the crowd more to get excited about. On Sunday I watched the game at the Vic Theater; I used to go to their brew & view for movies back in the day and have seen some great rock shows there as well. They opened the balcony and showed it on the big screen. It was a great spot to watch the game. Probably 100 or so Cubs fans there and it was loud and people were very into it. The Vic is about 5 blocks from Wrigley so as soon as the game ended we walked up Clark St. to the stadium and took part in the celebration in the street. It was pretty damn crazy in that area and I didn't really see anything negative, just people celebrating. The police presence around there is insane. Hundreds of police in the surrounding area.

Everywhere I went around Chicago it was Cubs, Cubs, Cubs. So much conversation and so many people in Cubs gear. Even in the Bridgeport neighborhood where I stayed, which houses US Cellular Field and is generally the pinnacle of White Sox territory, there were tons of Ws in people's windows, Cubs gear walking around the street, etc. It was pretty awesome to see. Really glad I went up and spent some time there. Now let's see if I can convince my wife that I need to go back up for the parade in a few days if they win tonight. :unsure

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I get the "You gotta get to game 7 first" mantra, but I think Chicago played it wrong going with Arrieta last night. They still need to go with Hendricks to win it all, so I would have started him last night and put out your ace to go against Kluber.
For a long time I was skeptical of Hendrick's ability to sustain his amazing season but he just kept putting together good start after good start and has pretty much continued it in the postseason. He got hit around a bit on Friday didn't allow a run. He has been more reliable than Arrieta this season. Stuffwise Arrieta has the advantage for sure but Hendricks rarely to never loses command like Arrieta seems to do every game at some point right now. That said, if Arrieta was the guy on the hill tonight I would be fine with it, but I don't mind Hendricks being in that spot. If he struggles Lester and Lackey are available to come in. I do worry about him giving up a couple of dingers and falling behind. That is certainly a possibility and would not be good, but Arrieta has had a problem with walks and HRs as well.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
For a long time I was skeptical of Hendrick's ability to sustain his amazing season but he just kept putting together good start after good start and has pretty much continued it in the postseason. He got hit around a bit on Friday but only allowed 1 run. He has been more reliable than Arrieta this season. Stuffwise Arrieta has the advantage for sure but Hendricks rarely to never loses command like Arrieta seems to do every game at some point right now. That said, if Arrieta was the guy on the hill tonight I would be fine with it, but I don't mind Hendricks being in that spot. If he struggles Lester and Lackey are available to come in. I do worry about him giving up a couple of dingers and falling behind. That is certainly a possibility and would not be good, but Arrieta has had a problem with walks and HRs as well.
Friday's game was fun (sarcastic) for me as 4 of the 5 pitchers the Cubs used were ex- Rangers. Just fun....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know I don't darken this thread often, but I am curious about the current situation with the Cubs and the Indians.

Why do Cubs fans feel more "suffering" than Indians fans?

The last time I gave a shit about baseball was in the early 1990s when I watched Braves games religiously. Now, I care about it slightly about the NBA, but not much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know I don't darken this thread often, but I am curious about the current situation with the Cubs and the Indians.

The last time I gave a shit about baseball was in the early 1990s when I watched Braves games religiously. Now, I care about it slightly about the NBA, but not much.
There is only two reasons I can think of. One is it has been about 40 years longer since the Cubs won the WS. Two would be the vaunted curse.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

My guess is that there are people that can remember the last time the Indians won the WS. And they were in a WS in '97. There is nobody on earth that was alive the last time the Cubs won the WS. And Hitler was still in power the last time they played in one.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn. That's a quick hook for Hendricks. I think I would have let him try to get out of the 5th.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wow. Nice call pulling Hendricks and putting Lester in.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If the Cubs end up losing this, I fully support a public hanging, evisceration, and burning of Maddon.

If they manage to win, a public beating will do.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
If the Cubs end up losing this, I fully support a public hanging, evisceration, and burning of Maddon.

If they manage to win, a public beating will do.
I hope they cut back to him and he's wearing headphones.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
HOLY COW, CUBS WIN!! Congratulations, [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION].

Maddon is lucky they pulled it out. The ghost of Harry Caray would have haunted his ass.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Holy shit. I am emotionally exhausted. What a roller coaster. Amazing game and series. I am still kind of without words. This is incredible.

Top Bottom