Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:lol
At first I thought he pulled it down and ran because of the guy coming up the middle looking like he would block it. But in hindsight I think the lineman was probably told to sort of let the guys get up field so that they wouldn't be in position to tackle the punter.

Also talk about a heck of an athlete. Our punter has some wheels on that play. He is pulling away from defenders.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, I want to see the comparison to Wentz.
Here you go. This is Wentz's pass chart. Looks at all those passes at the LOS.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The prevailing narrative in Philly is that this was a consequence of having no weapons in the passing game for Wentz. I don't know that I completely buy that.

They also are mostly saying that Wentz is clearly better than Dak.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a real shame that one other highlight wasn't in that video. Still pisses me off that the refs screwed us on that holding call.
Yes, they did.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The prevailing narrative in Philly is that this was a consequence of having no weapons in the passing game for Wentz. I don't know that I completely buy that.

They also are mostly saying that Wentz is clearly better than Dak.
I think there is some truth to the lack of weapons thing.

In fact, I mentioned that myself and that is why I loved our chances to win that game and said we'd only lose if we gave it away......which we damn sure tried to do. :lol

Now, the part about being better than Dak? What is that based on? The fact that he struggled against them? That is the only game the guy played poorly in, but we all saw how he turned it around completely when the game was on the line. Also, what about the fact that Wentz came into this game coming off of back to back struggling performances? Did they conveniently ignore that? Are they pretending that Wentz isn't running an offense right now that Brandon Weeden could've executed?

If you want to say Dak is in a better situation, that's fine. He certainly has more around him than Wentz does. But there hasn't been anything other than blind loyalty to lead one to say that Wentz has been better than Dak.

That is just flat out incorrect. None of the stats support that stance at all so outside of seeing green, I don't know what they are basing this opinion on.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think its a combination of shitty receivers, offensive philosophy, and their not fully trusting a rookie QB. Wentz has more than enough ability and arm to throw an accurate deep route. I've seen it.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dak and Wentz both look good, but both had down games on Sunday. This really isn't that complicated.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom