2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
No doubt there are who take it to an extreme, but I would guess that most people are able to appropriately compartmentalize. The notion that sexy poses are inherently inappropriately objectifying seems at the very least severely juvenile.
Totally agree. I think it's a carryover from 2nd wave, hairy armpit, puritanical feminism that being sexual is inherently demeaning to women.

As a guy who's as anti Trump as it can get, I get fucking pissed at the memes that have nude photos of Ivanka with a "do you want this as your First Lady?"

That's some bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's dumbfounding. How mercurial is the United States population that their moods can shift so drastically in a couple weeks?
I always wonder if the population is that fickle or if the polls are just that off. It seems like every person I know has stayed pretty consistent with who they will vote for. People aren't really swapping sides that I know of. But obviously the polls suggest that some are.

townsend

Banned
I always wonder if the population is that fickle or if the polls are just that off. It seems like every person I know has stayed pretty consistent with who they will vote for. People aren't really swapping sides that I know of. But obviously the polls suggest that some are.
I was reading the other day that a lot of the severe swings we see in the elections are due to one side of voters not wanting to participate in the polls whenever their side has a scandal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was reading the other day that a lot of the severe swings we see in the elections are due to one side of voters not wanting to participate in the polls whenever their side has a scandal.
One can hear or write about anything but the status is always the same in general elections. Each party has a group of polarized supporters that no matter what they will not change. The independent voters will determine the winner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are probably groups like myself as well. I don't really swing back and fourth but there is no way in hell I'm voting for Hillary. So then it's just a question if I'll bother voting at all (I won't vote for Trump either but it's either Libertarian Party or not wasting my time). I'm sure lots of people feel that way about Trump but may not bother to go out and vote for Hillary if she doesn't do something to appeal to them.

townsend

Banned
There are probably groups like myself as well. I don't really swing back and fourth but there is no way in hell I'm voting for Hillary. So then it's just a question if I'll bother voting at all (I won't vote for Trump either but it's either Libertarian Party or not wasting my time). I'm sure lots of people feel that way about Trump but may not bother to go out and vote for Hillary if she doesn't do something to appeal to them.
Some of those are accounted for in 4 way races. It seems like "none of the above" is stronger in this race than most, especially in traditionally southwestern red states.

Turnout is going to decide the election. I think if 124+ million show up at the polls then we see a pretty definitive Clinton victory.

I think one of the reasons why Trump does so much better in tracking polls than static polls is because his base is extremely enthusiastic. Hillary, on the other hand, is the time everyone gave up and went to Applebee's of candidates.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trump has saved his best stuff for the final stretch, it seems:
Overall, when he stays on script and you ignore like oh, I dunno, about 99.9% else that comes out of his mouth, he seems like a good option.

If there was a more stable person saying and meaning what he says in the video and actually was capable of doing it, unquestionably gets my vote.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trump veers off script at Fla. rally

The Hill

Harper Neidig

5 hrs ago

Donald Trump repeatedly veered off script at a rally on Saturday after mostly staying on message and out of the spotlight in the past week.

He began the event in Tampa, Fla. by complaining about the foul language used by rapper Jay Z during a concert for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"He used language last night that was so bad, and then Hillary said, 'I did not like Donald Trump's lewd language,' " Trump said.

"My lewd language. I'll tell you what, I've never said what he said in my life."

Trump's campaign was rocked last month when a 2005 video was unearthed that showed the business mogul admitting that he had "tried to f---" a married woman and boasting that his celebrity allows him to grab women "by the p----."

Throughout the rally, Trump repeatedly ignored his teleprompter and went on off-script rants, espousing a number of baseless, debunked and bizarre claims.

He said the Justice Department is trying to protect its "angel Hillary Clinton" by suppressing the FBI's investigation into the private server she used as secretary of State.

He noted the progress he's made in closing Clinton's lead in recent polls, but added, "I really only acknowledge them if I'm winning."

He claimed that polls show him challenging Clinton in states that a Republican wouldn't normally win, and said that he would head to Democratic strongholds like Colorado and Minnesota.

His campaign's schedule lists no events in Minnesota. Trump will hold a rally in Denver Saturday night, though most recent polls show Clinton with a comfortable lead in the state, while two showed a tie.

Trump also repeated the false claim that routinely puts forth that the United States is "the most highest-taxed nation in the world."

Catering to his Fla. audience, Trump promised to stop sending money to the United Nations aimed at fighting climate change and to instead use the funds to solve the state's environmental problems.

"We will also cancel billions in global warming payments to the United Nations and use that money to invest in America," he said. "That includes repairing so many of Florida's problems," including the Herbert Hoover Dike, the Florida aquifer and the everglades.

"We don't need to give hundreds of billions of dollars away, we have no idea who's getting this money," Trump added. "Giving it to the United Nations, you know what that's called? Giving it to an open pit."

Trump also cited signs held up by supporters as evidence of his popularity among minorities. He held up one sign that read, "Cuban Women for Trump."

"Oh I love those signs, 'Blacks for Trump,'" he said, referencing another sign held high by an audience member.

On the flip side of that sign was a message that read, "Hillary will start World War 3" and included a URL that led to a bizarre website claiming that Clinton wants to kill every black woman in America.

At one point in the rally, Trump held up a baby on stage, kissing the child and praising the parents.

"They did a great job," he said.

As Trump approached the end of the speech, the crowd broke out in a "We want Trump" chant and the real estate mogul thanked his audience.

After Trump finished his speech, the Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" played over the Florida State Fairgrounds' speakers.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Somebody needs to get on this and quick.

Not enough has been made of the fact that we are considering putting a person into the Whitehouse, born Melania Knavs, who was programmed by full-on Soviet propaganda of the former Yugoslavia for her entire life until age 19. I'm sure there are pre-programmed words that Putin can speak when the time is right.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That “Blacks for Trump” guy at Donald Trump’s rallies is even weirder than you think
Meet Michael the Black Man, former member of a black supremacist group turned over-enthusiastic Trump supporter
BRENDAN GAUTHIER

That "Blacks for Trump" guy at Donald Trump's rallies is even weirder than you think
For good reason, social media was buzzing about a white woman holding a “Blacks for Trump” sign at Donald Trump’s rally in Sanford, Florida, on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, the newsworthiness of the contradiction overshadowed the fact that the woman was with a multiracial group of people wearing matching shirts that read “Trump & Republicans Are Not Racist.” At the bottom of the shirts was printed Gods2.com.

Gods2.com redirects to the personal website of Michael the Black Man (formerly known as Maurice Woodside and Michael Symonette), once a prominent member of the Nation of Yahweh, a violent black supremacist group prominent in Miami in the 1980s.

According to Miami New Times, Michael “was accused of two gruesome Yahweh murders in the ’90s and has since been charged with — but never convicted of — four other felonies while starting his own bizarre religious enterprise.”

Michael has since reinvented himself as a musician, according to the New Times, which described him as “an anti-gay, anti-liberal preacher with a golden instinct for getting on TV at GOP events.”

During the 2012 Republican primary race, Rick Santorum invited Michael to open his campaign rally in Coral Springs, Florida. What started out as an unlistenable jazz set devolved into an unhinged rant in which Michael called the Democrats Nazis.

“The Democrats, they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the black man,” Michael told the crowd. “They’re the slave masters.”

The Nation of Yahweh lost momentum after its founder, Yahweh ben Yahweh (born Hulon Mitchell Jr.), was imprisoned in 1990 on 18 counts of conspiracy related to 14 murders, two attempted murders, extortion and arson. He was released in 2001 and died of prostate cancer in 2007.

Former NFL player Robert Rozier found Yahweh in 1982 after he was released by the St. Louis Cardinals. In 1985, he joined the Brotherhood, a more exclusive group within the Nation of Yahweh that allegedly required aspiring members to kill a white person as part of its initiation ceremony.

Rozier described his role in the cult as a “death angel” during Yahweh ben Yahweh’s 1992 trial, in which Rozier was the star witness.

“We did everything from driving a bus to killing someone if necessary,” Rozier testified. “Beating, hanging, burning, stoning, decapitation.”

In recent years, a smaller number of followers have tried to breathe new life into the movement.

Michael, meanwhile, continues to post to his website — which declares devotion to Yahweh in the header — as well as his YouTube and Facebook pages. His posts include long-winded essays and video diatribes comparing Hillary Clinton to the biblical Whore of Babylon and/or explaining why she will start World War III.

He also attends his fair share of Trump’s campaign events:

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/27/that-blacks-for-trump-guy-at-donald-trumps-rallies-is-even-weirder-than-you-think/
=================================================
Now imagine if this guy was even seen at a Clinton Rally or heaven forbid he was down with Obama.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump veers off script at Fla. rally

The Hill

Harper Neidig

5 hrs ago

Donald Trump repeatedly veered off script at a rally on Saturday after mostly staying on message and out of the spotlight in the past week.

He began the event in Tampa, Fla. by complaining about the foul language used by rapper Jay Z during a concert for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"He used language last night that was so bad, and then Hillary said, 'I did not like Donald Trump's lewd language,' " Trump said.

"My lewd language. I'll tell you what, I've never said what he said in my life."

Trump's campaign was rocked last month when a 2005 video was unearthed that showed the business mogul admitting that he had "tried to f---" a married woman and boasting that his celebrity allows him to grab women "by the p----."

Throughout the rally, Trump repeatedly ignored his teleprompter and went on off-script rants, espousing a number of baseless, debunked and bizarre claims.

He said the Justice Department is trying to protect its "angel Hillary Clinton" by suppressing the FBI's investigation into the private server she used as secretary of State.

He noted the progress he's made in closing Clinton's lead in recent polls, but added, "I really only acknowledge them if I'm winning."

He claimed that polls show him challenging Clinton in states that a Republican wouldn't normally win, and said that he would head to Democratic strongholds like Colorado and Minnesota.

His campaign's schedule lists no events in Minnesota. Trump will hold a rally in Denver Saturday night, though most recent polls show Clinton with a comfortable lead in the state, while two showed a tie.

Trump also repeated the false claim that routinely puts forth that the United States is "the most highest-taxed nation in the world."

Catering to his Fla. audience, Trump promised to stop sending money to the United Nations aimed at fighting climate change and to instead use the funds to solve the state's environmental problems.

"We will also cancel billions in global warming payments to the United Nations and use that money to invest in America," he said. "That includes repairing so many of Florida's problems," including the Herbert Hoover Dike, the Florida aquifer and the everglades.

"We don't need to give hundreds of billions of dollars away, we have no idea who's getting this money," Trump added. "Giving it to the United Nations, you know what that's called? Giving it to an open pit."

Trump also cited signs held up by supporters as evidence of his popularity among minorities. He held up one sign that read, "Cuban Women for Trump."

"Oh I love those signs, 'Blacks for Trump,'" he said, referencing another sign held high by an audience member.

On the flip side of that sign was a message that read, "Hillary will start World War 3" and included a URL that led to a bizarre website claiming that Clinton wants to kill every black woman in America.

At one point in the rally, Trump held up a baby on stage, kissing the child and praising the parents.

"They did a great job," he said.

As Trump approached the end of the speech, the crowd broke out in a "We want Trump" chant and the real estate mogul thanked his audience.

After Trump finished his speech, the Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" played over the Florida State Fairgrounds' speakers.
Future contruction worker:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
'The Antichrist personified': 'Open warfare' and antipathy toward Clinton is reportedly fueling the FBI leaks

Natasha Bertrand

Nov. 3, 2016, 5:39 PM 82,863 137

A recent flurry of leaks by FBI sources to the media about ongoing investigations related to Hillary Clinton has raised questions about whether bureau personnel are trying to meddle in the presidential race less than one week before the election.

A current FBI agent, speaking to The Guardian in a story published Thursday, perhaps put it most bluntly.

Clinton is "the Antichrist personified to a large swath of FBI personnel," they said. "The reason why they're leaking is they're pro-Trump."

Over the past week, unnamed FBI sources have leaked details about the battles both within the agency and between the FBI and the Justice Department over whether FBI Director James Comey should have recommended that Clinton be indicted for using a private email server amid the investigation into whether she mishandled classified information.

The leaks have come as Comey is being intensely scrutinized by both liberals and conservatives over his decision to inform Congress, one week before the election, about an FBI review of new Clinton emails found on disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner's laptop.

The Justice Department asked the FBI not to disclose the discovery of the emails to Congress so close to the November 8 election, according to The New York Times. But Comey wrote to his employees on Friday that he felt "an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed."

Many agents were apparently upset with Comey's decision in July to not recommend charges against Clinton over her use of a private email server for work correspondences while she was secretary of state.

"I don't think the FBI should ever make a prosecution recommendation. I believe Comey was honestly motivated, but I just don't think process- and procedure-wise it was the right thing to do," Steven Pomerantz, a retired assistant director for the FBI, told Bloomberg.

A former FBI official, meanwhile, told The Guardian that some agents even believe Comey "threw the FBI under the bus by taking the heat away from" the Justice Department, which came under scrutiny after Attorney General Loretta Lynch had a private meeting with former President Bill Clinton on his plane shortly before the case was closed.

A Daily Beast report further examined the links between the FBI and some of Donald Trump's staunchest supporters, including former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Jim Kallstrom, the former head of the FBI's New York office.

'The FBI is Trumpland'

The strife apparently extended to agency matters involving the Clinton Foundation, as well.

Unnamed FBI sources told both The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times that they were told to "stand down" by corruption prosecutors within the public-integrity section of the Justice Department when they presented what they thought was enough evidence to move forward with a probe into potential corruption within the foundation. FBI sources speaking to The Associated Press on Thursday largely corroborated that account.

More sources, meanwhile, told Fox News on Wednesday that the Clinton Foundation probe had recently become a "very high priority" for the agency. The investigation was inspired by claims in the 2015 book "Clinton Cash" that the foundation traded favors and access for money while Clinton served in the State Department between 2009 and 2013, according to law enforcement officials who spoke to The New York Times.

No evidence of criminal wrongdoing by the foundation has been uncovered, according to the reports, which has apparently led prosecutors to worry that they would be perceived as trying to influence the outcome of the election if they moved forward with the probe.

The Clinton Foundation has accepted millions of dollars from foreign actors including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates. But the money was donated either before or after Clinton's tenure as secretary of state, according to PolitiFact.

But much like they blamed Comey for fumbling the Clinton server case, personnel within the FBI have reportedly accused the agency's No. 2, Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, of caving to Justice Department demands by not taking on the foundation case more forcefully.

Ultimately, however, much of the agents' frustration — and why they're now venting that frustration to the press — may boil down to partisanship.

"The FBI is Trumpland," a current agent told The Guardian, noting that some have openly discussed voting for Trump next week.

Accordingly, FBI leakers now appear to be sending a message to their superiors — and to the Justice Department —that they're unsatisfied with their leadership by publicizing the investigations and forcing them into the court of public opinion.

'Open warfare'
Further evidence of the strife, according to former Justice Department spokesman and Trump supporter Mark Corallo, came on Tuesday. A mostly dormant Twitter account operated by the agency publicized records on Tuesday related to Bill Clinton's 2001 presidential pardon of hedge fund manager Marc Rich on his last day in office.

Hillary Clinton's campaign and other observers jumped on the tweet, questioning whether it was appropriate for the FBI to begin releasing documents related to Bill Clinton one week before the presidential election.

"The Marc Rich tweet is evidence of open warfare between the Justice Department and the FBI," Corallo told Bloomberg, saying that it may have some FBI field agents' way of further undermining confidence in the way the agency's leaders have handled the Clinton investigations.

Two days earlier, the account shared documents related to Fred Trump, Donald Trump's father, calling him "a real estate developer and philanthropist." That release was also condemned by some political observers who felt it unfairly omitted information about allegations of racial bias that plagued Trump's real-estate company in the 1970s.

The FBI said it was standard procedure for the FBI website to publish documents that had been requested under the Freedom of Information Act more than three times. But that doesn't explain why the documents were then broadcast on Twitter after more than a year of inactivity from the account.

The documents relating to Fred Trump, moreover, were published on the bureau's website on October 7 but tweeted on October 30.

At least one former FBI official has pushed back on the notion that political partisanship is fueling the agency leaks.

"There are lots of people who don't think Trump is qualified but also believe Clinton is corrupt," the official told The Guardian. "What you hear a lot is that it's a bad choice, between an incompetent and a corrupt politician."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Future contruction worker:lol

Tells me he is pandering to the Took MAH JOB! vote.

Your typical construction worker will make $10-14 bucks depending on where you are.

So our future is a manual laborer. Hell of a message.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. Some one needs to take a nap and wait until Wednesday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was the point.

Just wanted to get my Breitbart on.
Uh, okay.

Saying get on this whackjob conspiracy theory is something the Trump people have been shoveling in social media for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom