Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Browns | 11/06/2016

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll take both back at reasonable deals.

Use your draft picks for front 7 help and the DBs will continue to look good.
Yup.

Get a pass rush and watch the DBs magically all look good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pittsburgh's 14 points this week don't impress me to the tune of best anything. Roethlisberger is the guy that scares me though.
Roethlisberger was just so off against the Ravens. His passes were super erratic. Great QBs just have off days. I don't expect a second one in a row against us. Especially with the Steelers fighting for their playoff life.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They have looked good this year. So is that like super special magic?

Our DBs coach deserves a raise.
Yes, they have played well this year, but I was speaking generally.

Nobody liked Carr or Claiborne, or even Wilcox and Church for that matter. And yes, they have all improved this season, but they'd all look even better if we had a good front 7.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, they have played well this year, but I was speaking generally.

Nobody liked Carr or Claiborne, or even Wilcox and Church for that matter. And yes, they have all improved this season, but they'd all look even better if we had a good front 7.
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with that. Just pointing out the secondary can play well even with a lack of pass rush.

The good news is we appear to have a player in Collins in the front 7. Lee looks like a young pup again. Jaylon Smith should come back and is an elite prospect. Our LBer corp is starting to come together with Hitchens and Wilson playing well.

Really what we need in the front seven is a dynamic DE.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not a subscriber but have you tried the icognito window it's how I read Sturm's stuff now.
You don't even have to do that. If you clear your cookies, that pay wall goes away. You have to do it ever so often, but it works every time.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea, but I'm attributing that more to Roethlisberger being back at 75% at best and on the road against a division rival.

At home, playing for their lives, they will be ready. Before he got hurt, Pittsburgh had arguably the most dangerous all around offense in the league.

This will be a very tough game and that offense will be a handful.

I don't care that they are 4-4. If we win this game on that field, it becomes a SB or bust season for me.
Pitt's offense has been hit or miss this year, We put more points on Philly than they did.

And they have not scored over 21 points in their 3 games.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. I actually got my can full of him last year. He was screwing around on routes and in some instances quitting too soon. He isn't productive as a whole. He makes a few catches but he isn't performing like a # 1 receiver. A lot of fans want to point out that he gets doubled all the time and that is his strength. I don't buy it.
We apparently have a different understanding of the phrase. My exposure has been as a saying that expresses my patience is about to run out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We apparently have a different understanding of the phrase. My exposure has been as a saying that expresses my patience is about to run out.
:lol

It sounds bad even if it's an old saying.

Cotton

Staff member
You do realize that was purposely done? B
Oh, he was talking about the play where he and Dez both were kinda on the same route but Beasley slowed down to either make a cut or something like that. Yeah, he wasn't loafing on that play. It was designed that way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. Following it with the next sentence starting with "He was screwing..." only made it funnier.
Screwing around also meant he wasn't taking it seriously. I know you have used that term. So to restate it in a translated format. I was losing patience with Dez last year. He was not taking his route running seriously and giving up on them too soon. Remember youngsters the meaning of words and phrases gets changes by subsequent generations not invented by same.:unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They have looked good this year. So is that like super special magic?

Our DBs coach deserves a raise.

I believe Joe Baker is now coaching the DBs...wasn't he running the DL a couple years ago?

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I believe Joe Baker is now coaching the DBs...wasn't he running the DL a couple years ago?
No, he was hired as asst. DB coach, then moved to safeties. Greg Jackson is the new safeties coach, he should get some credit too. Church and Wilcox look competent at times.

Top Bottom