2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It still burns me up that Trump got the GOP ticket and Ron Paul was regarded as a crazy loon.

Just goes to show you that the intellect of the American people is so pathetically limited it is sad.

Much easier to rally with scare tactics and unproven idiotic shit on Facebook.

The next election will be even more social media driven. With more stupid daily barrages of bullshit.

Then we are at Idiocracy level.

Which actually is appealing right now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It still burns me up that Trump got the GOP ticket and Ron Paul was regarded as a crazy loon.

Just goes to show you that the intellect of the American people is so pathetically limited it is sad.

The next election will be even more social media driven. With more stupid daily barrages of bullshit.

Ron Paul doesn't want to bomb every brown skinned person in sight and wants to contract our Empire.

You think Joe Dipshit Six Pack is gonna go for that?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Uh, okay.

Saying get on this whackjob conspiracy theory is something the Trump people have been shoveling in social media for months.
Yeah it is totally wackjob I was posting in the voice of a Breitbart reader who would totally be running with that if it was anybody else but Trump.

I mean they nailed the Kennedy assassination and Cruz tie in right?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ron Paul doesn't want to bomb every brown skinned person in sight and wants to contract our Empire.

You think Joe Dipshit Six Pack is gonna go for that?
I'm watching the West Virginia game now. Guess what I see in the stands.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

What irritates me as much as anything is there doesn't seem to be any real ideology anymore. On both sides. It's just, Do whatever you can to get elected. It's money and power and influence. That's what these politicians care about.

If the Republicans gave a shit about real issues they'd have stepped up at the convention and dumped Trump. He has nothing to do with the party platform. But everyone was too worried about protecting themselves and beating the other side instead of having actual beliefs and conviction and giving a shit about this country.

It's sickening.

The funny thing is, Hillary is going to win anyway. A buffoon like Trump never had any real chance. And all the Republican leadership that capitulated to Trump will look like buffoons by association.

Trump never ever ever should have been allowed to represent the party. It's embarrassing.

As for Paul, I think he would have been a poor president. But he'd have been a thousand times better than any of the trash running this year, including the independents.

The whole thing is very disheartening.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The thing that really makes me chuckle about this election is that Trump is basically running on Obama's hope and change message but repackaged to be directed at middle america.

mixed in with a healthy dose of nationalism and a touch of xenophobia.

Obama wanted infrastructure spending.

Obama railed against regime building.

Obama has always talked about the plight of the middle class.

Obama talked about the disparity of the economic classes.

Yet he was looked at as ruining America and now a lot of the same stuff is going to make America great again. :lol

I know there are some major differences as well especially with free trade but it's still the populist message and an agenda to change washington.

Will it stick this time?

I hope that the silver lining in all of this is that people will start holding congress accountable for actually addressing issues instead of just appealing to an ideology and that goes for both sides.

Compromise can no longer be a dirty word and absolute ideology has to be done away with at all cost.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing that really makes me chuckle about this election is that Trump is basically running on Obama's hope and change message but repackaged to be directed at middle america.

mixed in with a healthy dose of nationalism and a touch of xenophobia.

Obama wanted infrastructure spending.

Obama railed against regime building.

Obama has always talked about the plight of the middle class.

Obama talked about the disparity of the economic classes.

Yet he was looked at as ruining America and now a lot of the same stuff is going to make America great again. :lol

I know there are some major differences as well especially with free trade but it's still the populist message and an agenda to change washington.

Will it stick this time?

I hope that the silver lining in all of this is that people will start holding congress accountable for actually addressing issues instead of just appealing to an ideology and that goes for both sides.

Compromise can no longer be a dirty word and absolute ideology has to be done away with at all cost.
Hope and change that was promised but no one recieved. So basically people are just still wanting what they were promised but instead got more of the same.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hope and change that was promised but no one recieved. So basically people are just still wanting what they were promised but instead got more of the same.
Message received and understood.

So how is Trump going to use his Presidential power to make it happen more than anyone else?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Message received and understood.

So how is Trump going to use his Presidential power to make it happen more than anyone else?
He won't. But people were to dumb to realize that with Obama and they are too dumb to realize it with Trump. And frankly, in 2020 the same dumb public will fall for the same dumb message again when our government continues to do the same destructive shit.

My honest opinion is Rand Paul would have provided us with the best chance at real change. But he didn't shout loud enough to get attention.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He won't. But people were to dumb to realize that with Obama and they are too dumb to realize it with Trump. And frankly, in 2020 the same dumb public with fall for the same dumb message again when our government continues to do the same destructive shit.
I believe Trump is selling a rightfully angry populace a bunch of crap. He could never make it happen.

It is too bad. There some issues that have been raised that need to be addressed. He did that least.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What irritates me as much as anything is there doesn't seem to be any real ideology anymore. On both sides. It's just, Do whatever you can to get elected. It's money and power and influence. That's what these politicians care about.

If the Republicans gave a shit about real issues they'd have stepped up at the convention and dumped Trump. He has nothing to do with the party platform. But everyone was too worried about protecting themselves and beating the other side instead of having actual beliefs and conviction and giving a shit about this country.

It's sickening.

The funny thing is, Hillary is going to win anyway. A buffoon like Trump never had any real chance. And all the Republican leadership that capitulated to Trump will look like buffoons by association.

Trump never ever ever should have been allowed to represent the party. It's embarrassing.

As for Paul, I think he would have been a poor president. But he'd have been a thousand times better than any of the trash running this year, including the independents.

The whole thing is very disheartening.
My whole thing is that if the elect was to be a force of revolution, we missed that boat eight years ago or more.

Now, we have lunatic trying to assume the mantle.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My whole thing is that if the elect was to be a force of revolution, we missed that boat eight years ago or more.

Now, we have lunatic trying to assume the mantle.
Carter, Bill Clinton, Obama. Now Trump. Every so often someone comes along claiming to be an outsider who is going to shake up Washington. A whole lot of dumb shits fall for it each time.

shane

DCC 4Life

I get your point, but I am kind of happy that the GOP rejected Ron Paul and were given the Trump freak show as comeuppance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom