Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Garrett doesn't go for the 4th and inches if Zeke doesn't give his last-ditch spin. McFadden doesn't do that shit. Alfred wouldn't have, either.

Motherfucking #4 pick overall.
And if we'd traded away Leary for a pittance they'd have had no one to run behind.

Superbowl seasons often come down to talent and depth.

No one in the conference can touch this team right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

That is the play that won it.

Jiggyfly

Banned

:towel:towel:mj:parrot:happyhappy:headbang:cabbagepatch:rock:towel:towel
He looks like his programming locked up or he is thinking did I just shit myself.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

He should have trucked Sproles.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Took brass balls when you consider where on the field we were and how far he had to go for the first down.
Would his balls have still been brass if it failed? How bad do you think Garrett would have been eviscerated if Jones had come up short.

Kind of funny how a play is either genius or retarded depending on the outcome.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Would his balls have still been brass if it failed? How bad do you think Garrett would have been eviscerated if Jones had come up short.

I think the guys on the board were 2-1 in favor of kicking for the folks that stated an opinion. But hey, a QB sneak is probably a pretty safe bet and we were deep in their territory.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think the guys on the board were 2-1 in favor of kicking for the folks that stated an opinion. But hey, a QB sneak is probably a pretty safe bet and we were deep in their territory.
We're talking about the fake punt.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We're talking about the fake punt.
I didn't have a problem with it.

The way the momentum was at that point in the game and with our offense looking lifeless, I think it absolutely had to be done or we lose that game.

Even if it fails, I would've understood the logic behind it regardless of the outcome just like I was ok with the onside kick vs Washington even thought it failed.

:towel:towel:mj:parrot:happyhappy:headbang:cabbagepatch:rock:towel:towel
I thought that's what he said while watching!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm sure in the eyes of some the lynch mob would need to be formed. In my opinion though I had given up hope for a win if we punt there. So I wouldn't have blamed him for the failed attempt at it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I didn't have a problem with it.

The way the momentum was at that point in the game and with our offense looking lifeless, I think it absolutely had to be done or we lose that game.

Even if it fails, I would've understood the logic behind it regardless of the outcome just like I was ok with the onside kick vs Washington even thought it failed.
Yep.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Anybody see Elliott get assholed on that last play? How was that not a penalty? I get that he was still inside 5 yards, but he was smoked in the back.

I commented on that earlier. If it wasn't illegal it seems like it should be.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
4-8 weeks is what I'm seeing.
Could probably survive 4.

8 on the other hand puts him in a boat with a lot of other guys we are trying to keep on the roster and bring back. May not be able to fit em all.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, he forced it way, way too much to Dez. He needs to get back to what got us here next week.
It might be a little overkill but I wouldn't say it's "way" too much. Average completion percentage to top WRs always huddles around 60% or so. So to get Dez 8 catches he would usually need 14 attempts. A guy like Bryant should be able to get 5-8 catches a game.

His completion rate in this game to Bryant was low, so our targets may have been a little on the high side but 10-12 targets a game for Bryant is exactly what I would want and expect, with him getting about 6-8 catches out of that. So 14 is not way off pace.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You say that, but then I can't remember you ever saying if a Garrett playcall failed that you agree with the logic. Whereas when I say it, I'm an apologist. Surely there would be a few more times that you would have excused failed playcalls if your above statement was true.
Go back to the week 2 chatter thread and see for yourself.

The problem is that Garrett has made a lot more boneheaded decisions than he has sound ones, but the fake punt and even the onside kick were calls I understood even if I didn't agree with the latter.

Trying a surprise onside to try and build a lead because you don't trust your defense makes sense, but constantly abandoning the run game or the overuse of empty backfield when a game is close, your running game is working, you're in the red zone, or all of the above, is something that does not make any sense at all and so I'll criticize that stupidity every time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Here you go, [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]

Yup.

If we get it and go up 10, we'd be in a great position to win.

With this defense, I don't like our chances to win a back and forth because it'll most likely be their defense that gets a stop.

If we were up 10 or something, I'd hate the call, but up 3 in a game where our defense sucks? I'm ok with it.

Top Bottom