User Tag List

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    I’m sure there were plenty of people saying the same thing in the 60s. As it turns out, civil rights never seem important to the people who don’t need them.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with liking or not liking civil rights. It has to do with not being able to demonstrate while on the clock.

The players can do or say whatever they want during their free time.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

2. The following 2 users like this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Has absolutely nothing to do with liking or not liking civil rights. It has to do with not being able to demonstrate while on the clock.

Townsend really likes himself some straw man arguments.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Most of the left do...
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Most of the left do...
    It’s their only method to “win” a debate.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

And, they get paid millions of dollars for the teams to capitalize on them. They are paid employees.
    They are not easily replaced employees. Donít mistake the fealty employers expect from unskilled workers with no collective bargaining, and an incredibly finite workforce with a union. Balance of power is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    I think there’s some lost nuance in this argument. Players sell tickets. If the NFL was just capitalizing on their ball catching, route running, ball throwing, tackling ability it’d be one thing, but this is an organization that depeds on an emotional connection to these players. These aren’t baristas at starbucks, these are people who fans love so much that they’ll pay 60 bucks for a shirt with their name on it. When the NFL gets to capitalize on your brand, on your TD celebrations and nick names and emotion and charity, personal struggle, you aren’t just an hourly employee punching your time card.
    Doesn't that definition fit a WWE wrestler? Do you think they are free to do whatever they want while on TV?

Yeah, because athletes in the 60s never demonstrated on the clock.

But I guess saying athletes were
    basically been brainwashed by the twitter SJW crowd into believing all kinds of things that aren't true.
    said to me that according to ChoLab, what they were protesting (unarmed blacks being murdered) wasnít real or important.

Maybe itís not so much me arguing with a strawman, as conservatives consistently putting up bad arguments and changing the subject when they get called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Doesn't that definition fit a WWE wrestler? Do you think they are free to do whatever they want while on TV?
    Much larger talent pool of independent contractors, and also, it’s fake. If the Eagles kneel on the sideline, Goodell can’t write them into a losing streak to diminish their brand.

Most importantly the WWE is a toxic damn organization that frequently hemorrhages fans thanks to their poor treatment of talent. NFL has a much broader fan base and a lot more to lose.

He's like a less intelligent version of superpunk.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Sorry, he has given a mountain of evidence to show he is. Even Paul Ryan accused him of making racist statements. I understand you are pretty partisan but don't let it blind you. Know what you're signing up for.

But yeah, it would have been a non-story without Trump weighing in. The original intent of the kneeling has been totally and completely lost and now it's a fealty test to the President +/- the country.

We probably should move this discussion to the politics forum...
    Literally been in the public eye for 40+ years.

Only accused of being “racist” when he went against the left.

I’d love to see verifiable proof of him making racist comments. Calling Haiti a shit hole doesn’t qualify. Discussing crime commited by illegal immigrants doesn’t qualify.

I’m not partisan. I actually consider myself more libertarian than anything else. But the left is so far out there and lacking in common sense that my drive by mocking of people like bipolar and townsend likely give that impression.

13. The following user likes this post: