Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

townsend

Banned
Big props to Garrett for taking risks. That punt fake and the 4th down made all the difference.

I think we need to talk about putting McFadden in as the backup RB. Morris has not been doing well.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
QB sucks for 3 quarters and goes clutch in 4th & OT.

Some would say this is the Romo-opposite.
Some don't know what the fuck they are talking about. We all know Romo is at his best in the 4th quarter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Between that 4th down call and the fake punt, major props.
Both instances of playing to win.

He's definitely improved there, now if he and his staff would just stop running so much damn empty backfield.

dallen

Senior Tech
Jerry said Dak will start next week

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

We must have watched different games. Neither QB was all that great tonight
I've got to agree. Must have watched a totally different game.

Don't get me wrong, I was a Wentz fan pre-draft but he definitely didn't beat us.

Their STs though.. Major props to them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got to agree. Must have watched a totally different game.

Don't get me wrong, I was a Wentz fan pre-draft but he definitely didn't beat us.

Their STs though.. Major props to them.
Their special teams were special and our special teams were well god awful. Their punter was absolutely on fire tonight and our punter, well stunk.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Dak did tonight what Romo has done for years - bail the inept coaching staff out with late-game heroics.

Big props to Garrett for taking risks. That punt fake and the 4th down made all the difference.

I think we need to talk about putting McFadden in as the backup RB. Morris has not been doing well.
You can tell all that from two carries? Most running backs get better the more touches they get, I'm sure Alfred isn't that bad.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Umm..?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dak did tonight what Romo has done for years - bail the inept coaching staff out with late-game heroics.
Honestly the only thing I can bitch about is the empty backfields. Now that's supposed to back off blitzing defenses since there should be wide open receivers. Dak is just too green to really know how to exploit it.

Past that, it was mostly execution. Whitehead's blunders, Dak's pick, all the penalties. Those are on the players and that's why we nearly lost.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly the only thing I can bitch about is the empty backfields. Now that's supposed to back off blitzing defenses since there should be wide open receivers. Dak is just too green to really know how to exploit it.

Past that, it was mostly execution. Whitehead's blunders, Dak's pick, all the penalties. Those are on the players and that's why we nearly lost.
In overtime there was a beautiful blitz beater that he threw to Beasley. I have absolutely no idea why Dak wasn't able to do that earlier. I think today was probably a great learning experience for Dak.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
In overtime there was a beautiful blitz beater that he threw to Beasley. I have absolutely no idea why Dak wasn't able to do that earlier. I think today was probably a great learning experience for Dak.
He seemed to do his best Room impersonation and locked on to Dez for some reason. Hopefully he gets back to his game next week and get everyone involved.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He seemed to do his best Room impersonation and locked on to Dez for some reason. Hopefully he gets back to his game next week and get everyone involved.
I think to an extent Dez coming back probably shook the offense up a bit. And I think Schwartz is an elite defensive coordinator coaching an elite defensive unit. Plus the bye week had guys rusty. I expect much better days on offense coming up.

data

Forbes #1
I'm guessing Dak saw it, but in the first 3 quarters was just playing careful if not blazingly wide open. In overtime, though, let 'er rip

Top Bottom