MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
HOLY COW, CUBS WIN!! Congratulations, [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION].

Maddon is lucky they pulled it out. The ghost of Harry Caray would have haunted his ass.
I was dog cussing Maddon for some of his decisions tonight. They won this game in spite of him. He is a good manager but he had a bad game.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Theo f'ing Epstein, man. Conquered the two biggest World Series droughts in two of the best baseball markets. He is going to moonwalk into the Hall of Fame. Unbelievable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Congrats, Ed. It's been a long time coming.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Theo f'ing Epstein, man. Conquered the two biggest World Series droughts in two of the best baseball markets. He is going to moonwalk into the Hall of Fame. Unbelievable.
That guy can write his own check now wherever he wants.

That team is built to win for a while now so good to be a cubs fan now. I'm happy for the long time Cubs fans that stuck with their team.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Maddon was crazy for bringing Chapman back out for the 9th inning after the 8th inning that he had. I guess he was like "F' it.....if I'm going down, I'm going down with my best arm."

I thought it was a ballsy yet borderline reckless decision. He gambled and it paid off.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Congrats, ED.

I actually felt bad for you last night because I thought the Cubs wouldn't be able to bounce back from giving up that lead. I was already thinking of how sick you were going to be this morning, but the Cubs manned up and found a way to win it anyway.

I'm happy for you, man. Enjoy!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was scratching my head with Maddon's pitching decisions. He has a quick hook with his starters, but rides Chapman like a rented mule? I thought his decision to work his closer multiple innings when he had a big lead was stupid in game six, and it damn near bit him in the ass last night.

Also, I realize he had Lester in the pen ready to go, but thought he pulled Hendricks way too early. Imo, Hendricks could have finished the fifth (that walk should have been a called 3rd strike to end that inning. Terrible call.) and probably the sixth, too. Lester should have been brought in at the start of an inning. That circus ending to the 5th gave Cleveland the spark they needed to nearly pull that game out.

Cotton

Staff member

Ain't no better feeling. :towel

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
BTW. That was a hell of a game overall. I think Buck & Smoltz mentioned it as well, but this was best World Series Game 7 that I've watched since that Twins/Braves 1991 game.

Last night's game had clutch hitting, great defensive plays, pick offs, tough managerial decisions, the long ball....you name it, it pretty much had it all.

I'm happy that Jason Heyward won a ring. I thought the Braves gave up on him too quickly. He can be streaky as hell but I still like his style of play.

D

Deuce

The Cubs tried to do Cubs things late in game 7, but Zorilla saved them.

I expect nothing less from him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I love Maddon. He's taking a little criticism today but he's a good manager and his teams always seem to be at least right in the thick of things. And now he's won.

dallen

Senior Tech
How about Theo Epstein? Broke the Curse of the Bambino and the Curse of the Billy Goat. What else could he possibly do in MLB?

Cotton

Staff member
This was after the game last night. Boy got slept.

Rev

Staff member
How about Theo Epstein? Broke the Curse of the Bambino and the Curse of the Billy Goat. What else could he possibly do in MLB?
Erase the St. Louis debacle and give the Rangers a championship!

As much as I like JD you can't deny what Theo has done.

Rev

Staff member
So now Cleveland has the longest streak of not winning the World Series.

2nd place has an asterisk. If you include their time as the Washington Senators it's the Rangers. If not it's the Astros.

I don't.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In a game full of holy shit moments, the craziest sequence to me was when Lester came in to the game. Runners on 2nd and 3rd, he throws a wild pitch that bounces up under Ross' mask, and looked like it nearly knocked his ass out, allowing both runners to score. Then the next inning, Ross comes up to bat and smokes a HR. HO-LEE-SHIT!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If the Cubs had lost that game, Maddon would have taken his place along side the black cat, billy goat, and Bartman. For such a good manager, I don't think I've ever seen a pitching staff so horribly jerked around over these last few games.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I was dog cussing Maddon for some of his decisions tonight. They won this game in spite of him. He is a good manager but he had a bad game.
asking Baez to get a bunt down with two strikes, like he's a weak hitting pitcher, was beyond retarded

Top Bottom