Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

BipolarFuk

Demoted

We must have watched different games. Neither QB was all that great tonight
Oh yeah, he'll strike fear into DCs everywhere throwing 30 passes between 1-10 yards in the air.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
hopefully barry and mo are back soon. it really sucks getting scandrick back only to lose 2 more guys

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh yeah, he'll strike fear into DCs everywhere throwing 30 passes between 1-10 yards in the air.
I think Wentz is a good QB but none of Wentz's throws were difficult at all today. He didn't make any throws that made you go, wow, this guy is special.

shane

DCC 4Life

Good point. Some really terrible play calling, but Garrett took some smart risks that paid off tonight
Absolutely, they pulled some tricks out of their hat and deserve a lot of credit. Dak's bounce back was really something to watch, and Elliott is really a player who can carry an offense.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I think to an extent Dez coming back probably shook the offense up a bit. And I think Schwartz is an elite defensive coordinator coaching an elite defensive unit. Plus the bye week had guys rusty. I expect much better days on offense coming up.
As much as I hate to say it because he's a complete douche, I'd love to have Schwartz as our DC instead of Rod.

shane

DCC 4Life
I think Wentz is a good QB but none of Wentz's throws were difficult at all today. He didn't make any throws that made you go, wow, this guy is special.
They're really doing a great job of protecting him and bringing him along slowly. They seem like a very well coached team, and much more prepared than the Cowboys which is really sad coming off of a bye. The talent just eventually overwhelmed them though.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah, it'll be interesting when they finally take the leash off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're really doing a great job of protecting him and bringing him along slowly. They seem like a very well coached team, and much more prepared than the Cowboys which is really sad coming off of a bye. The talent just eventually overwhelmed them though.
The problem is NFL teams like the Cowboys are starting to treat the bye week like vacation instead of an opportunity be be ultra prepared for the next opponent. They literally just take that first week off. I think they have one practice. I think it's hard for players to basically go have vacation for a week and then try to get back in to the swing of things.

data

Forbes #1
Not bashing Romo, not saying what's better or worse...just highlighting another Romo/Dak difference. There were 4-5 times where pocket was closing in on Dak and I think Romo goes fetal position or tries to Houdini. Dak stands in there and delivers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as I hate to say it because he's a complete douche, I'd love to have Schwartz as our DC instead of Rod.
Yeah I was saying that when the Eagles got him. And I honestly think we have a pretty solid defensive coordinator in Marinelli.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not bashing Romo, not saying what's better or worse...just highlighting another Romo/Dak difference. There were 4-5 times where pocket was closing in on Dak and I think Romo goes fetal position or tries to Houdini. Dak stands in there and delivers.
I think Romo would have gotten destroyed physically in a game like this.

data

Forbes #1
just for stats, btw, damn I wish that Zeke 60 yard run would've stayed. That was gorgeous.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
just for stats, btw, damn I wish that Zeke 60 yard run would've stayed. That was gorgeous.
Indeed it was. Plus, he would have been on pace for yet another 140+ game.

Such a bullshit holding call also.

townsend

Banned
This. 7 years ago he would have done his spin moves and made the D look silly, but Romo goes down or has to play hurt if he's in the lineup today. Haslett has managed to beat Romo more than once by beating him up with the blitz.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think that's the thought but honestly at his best, Romo would have carved the Eagles into pieces. He would have made adjustments on those blitzes and they would have backed off on that shit real quick. We have the tools to punish teams for blitzing. Veteran QBs know how to use them.

But we'll never know. I don't know that we'll ever see the 2014 Romo again. He may not ever be that guy again.

Top Bottom