User Tag List

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I actually like visiting California but I would never want to live there.

The same for Florida. I did live in Tampa for 3.5 years and hated it.
    Absolutely.

Florida is not quite as awful, but pretty damned close.

As an aside, it appears this thread has completely veered off course into the corn field. We are not even talking about the damn kneeling thing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    As an aside, it appears this thread has completely veered off course into the corn field. We are not even talking about the damn kneeling thing any more.
    Don’t worry, Trump will tweet about it in a few days when he wants cable news to talk about it for another 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Don’t worry, Trump will tweet about it in a few days when he wants cable news to talk about it for another 72 hours.
    Sadly you are probably correct.

That is because they have the security of the military.

Try it as a civilian.
    This is absolutely true. Only ex military I know who live there are military contractors or working in silicon valley.

From the source, of your source howmuch.net

This is an anti-immigration think tank spit-balling tax expenses, with some wild ass guesses thrown in, and does nothing to estimate the economic benefit of immigration (for instance the overwhelming percentage of immigrant laborers California depends on to pick fruit).

Also there’s just inherent deceptiveness to this kind of statistic because since almost all gov’ts run in the red, you could come up with a much larger estimate to the amount legal citizens “cost” the government, even though they’re the ones driving the economy that funds it.
    You obviously think that these figures are opinions of what someone thinks has been spent. The budget figures are public information and these numbers are derived from each states budget numbers. It not an estimate or an opinion. It’s compiled figures from this organization. Here’s another one you can pour over.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.c...on-california/
    Last edited by L.T. Fan; 06-07-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    Since Day One

This is absolutely true. Only ex military I know who live there are military contractors or working in silicon valley.
    San Diego is full of Navy retirees. The area south of Los Angles has a lot of Military retirees.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    You obviously think that these figures are opinions of what someone thinks has been spent. The budget figures are public information and these numbers are derived from each states budget numbers. It not an estimate or an opinion. Itís compiled figures from this organization. Hereís another one you can pour over.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.c...on-california/
    This is a far right propaganda site

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/natio...ics-editorial/

The numbers you quotd were not real figures theyíre fudged numbers that I just posted a pretty exhaustive rebuke of.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    San Diego is full of Navy retirees. The area south of Los Angles has a lot of Military retirees.
    Yeah I know one retiree who had planned to stay in San Diego, then she married someone who was Active Duty, now they’ve transferred to Biloxi, and the downgrade in quality of life is... significant.

Absolutely.

Florida is not quite as awful, but pretty damned close.
    How dare you?

Florida is awesome.