2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nobody is comparing Obama to FDR the question was how does a president of a party who preaches small government double a deficit?

I posted the actual numbers did you even look at them?

Reagan and both bushes added more actual money to the deficit as well as percentage increases to the deficit over Clinton so get out of here with that bullshit dollar for dollar nonsense.

I already said that no president should have the deficit tied only to him did you miss that as well?

I have shown time and time again I have a better grasp of this stuff than you and I actually show the numbers to back it up.
You're mildly retarded with finances and economics. Which you have been caught in multiple times.

You're also trying to pick an argument over one that I never made. I was just stating the numbers that should be used for the discussion. I never stated any conclusions with regards to either party and their creation of debt.

But I guess according to you Obama is the worst offender still. Spending is a problem with all politicians though and it seems to continually get worse. You don't get votes by cutting government programs.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You're mildly retarded with finances and economics. Which you have been caught in multiple times.

You're also trying to pick an argument over one that I never made. I was just stating the numbers that should be used for the discussion. I never stated any conclusions with regards to either party and their creation of debt.

But I guess according to you Obama is the worst offender still. Spending is a problem with all politicians though and it seems to continually get worse. You don't get votes by cutting government programs.
And yet here we are and the original question still has not been answered.

Yes Obama has been the worst but the 3 next worse are Republicans so this idea that they are different is hogwash.

You could have just acknowledge that instead going with the mumbo jumbo you led off with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And yet here we are and the original question still has not been answered.

Yes Obama has been the worst but the 3 next worse are Republicans so this idea that they are different is hogwash.

You could have just acknowledge that instead going with the mumbo jumbo you led off with.
It's not mumbo jumbo to point out that percentage is a meaningless stat.

I was the one who said there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans once they get in office. They are all part of the same destructive cancer in my opinion.

Jiggyfly

Banned
None. That's an off book item. It's not in the budget.

Not entirely true there are definite residual and long term effects to the budget.

And it definitely affects debt which is what the original question was.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-wars-in-afghanistan-iraq-to-cost-6-trillion/5350789

It is also imperative to recall that the Bush administration had claimed at the very outset that the Iraq war would finance itself out of Iraqi oil revenues, but Washington DC had instead ended up borrowing some $2 trillion to finance the two wars, the bulk of it from foreign lenders.

According to the Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government 2013 report, this accounted for roughly 20 per cent of the total amount added to the US national debt between 2001 and 2012.

According to the report, the US “has already paid $260 billion in interest on the war debt,” and future interest payments would amount to trillions of dollars. This Harvard University report has also been carried on its website by the Centre for Research on Globalisation, which is a widely-quoted Montreal-based independent research and media organisation.
The report has attributed the largest share of the trillions of dollars in continuing costs to care and compensation for hundreds of thousands of troops left physically and psychologically damaged by the two wars being discussed here.

The report states: “The Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, taken together, will be the most expensive wars in US history—totaling somewhere between $4 trillion and $6 trillion. This includes long-term medical care and disability compensation for service members, veterans and families, military replenishment and social and economic costs. The largest portion of that bill is yet to be paid.”

It asserts: “Another major share of the long-term costs of the wars comes from paying off trillions of dollars in debt incurred as the US government failed to include their cost in annual budgets and simultaneously implemented sweeping tax cuts for the rich. In addition, huge expenditures are being made to replace military equipment used in the two wars. The report also cites improvements in military pay and benefits made in 2004 to counter declining recruitment rates as casualties rose in the Iraq war.”
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-iraq-war-by-numbers-2014-6

$7 trillion: Projected interest payments due by 2053 (because the war was paid for with borrowed money).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
New Emails in Clinton Case Came From Devices Once Used by Anthony Weiner
By ADAM GOLDMAN, ALAN RAPPEPORT, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MATT APUZZOOCT. 28, 2016

WASHINGTON — Newly discovered emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server were found after the F.B.I. seized electronic devices once shared by Anthony D. Weiner and his estranged wife, Huma Abedin, a top aide to Mrs. Clinton, federal law enforcement officials said Friday.

The F.B.I. is investigating illicit text messages that Mr. Weiner, a former Democratic congressman from New York, sent to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina. The bureau told Congress on Friday that it had uncovered new emails related to the Clinton case — one federal official said they numbered in the thousands — potentially reigniting an issue that has weighed on the presidential campaign and offering a lifeline to Donald J. Trump less than two weeks before the election.

In a letter to Congress, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said that emails had surfaced in an unrelated case, and that they “appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”

Anthony Weiner at the Democratic National Convention in July. Credit Ruth Fremson/The New York Times
Mr. Comey said the F.B.I. was taking steps to “determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.” He said he did not know how long it would take to review the emails, or whether the new information was significant.

Mr. Trump has fallen behind Mrs. Clinton in most national polls and in many key states. Polls have been tightening in recent days, however, amid the daily release of hacked Clinton campaign emails published by WikiLeaks.

Mr. Trump seized on the F.B.I. action on Friday at a rally in New Hampshire. To cheers of “lock her up” from his supporters, Mr. Trump said: “Hillary Clinton’s corruption is on a scale we have never seen before. We must not let her take her criminal scheme into the Oval Office.”

After deriding the F.B.I. for weeks as inept and corrupt, Mr. Trump went on to praise the law enforcement agency.

“I have great respect for the fact that the F.B.I. and the D.O.J. are now willing to have the courage to right the horrible mistake that they made,” Mr. Trump said, referring also to the Department of Justice. “This was a grave miscarriage of justice that the American people fully understand. It is everybody’s hope that it is about to be corrected.”

The Clinton campaign called on Mr. Comey to provide information beyond what was put forth in the letter.

“Director Comey’s letter refers to emails that have come to light in an unrelated case, but we have no idea what those emails are and the director himself notes they may not even be significant,” said John D. Podesta, chairman of Mrs. Clinton’s campaign.

He added: “It is extraordinary that we would see something like this just 11 days out from a presidential election.”

Mrs. Clinton, arriving Friday in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, waved at members of the media gathered on the tarmac but ignored shouted questions.

The Republican National Committee cheered the new attention on Mrs. Clinton’s emails as a potential turning point in the race.

“The F.B.I.’s decision to reopen their criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton’s secret email server just 11 days before the election shows how serious this discovery must be,” Reince Priebus, the Republican committee chairman, said in a statement. “This stunning development raises serious questions about what records may not have been turned over and why, and whether they show intent to violate the law.”

In September, Mr. Comey announced that the F.B.I. had closed the investigation after determining that no one should face criminal charges. But Mr. Comey did criticize Mrs. Clinton and her aides for what he termed the “extremely careless” handling of sensitive information.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Interesting, if Trump was not such a dumbass he could have won this thing.

With 11 days to go I doubt this will affect the race that much, nobody is really changing sides at this point.

I still think the stuff with Bill and all of the money he made is much worse than the email stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not entirely true there are definite residual and long term effects to the budget.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-wars-in-afghanistan-iraq-to-cost-6-trillion/5350789

You are not distinguishing between the budget and the debt/deficit. They are not the same. The budget contributes to the debt but all borrowings do not pass through the budget.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

These borrowings never appeared on the budget. The possible exception would be the cost to care for the veterans. It is possible this was in the defense budget. Chances are probably not much since the VA was so short.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump's warning of voter fraud prompts Iowa supporter's attempt to vote twice
The Guardian The Guardian
Martin Pengelly
19 hrs ago

A Des Moines woman charged with committing voter fraud has said she voted twice because she was afraid her vote for Donald Trump would be changed to a vote for Hillary Clinton.

Participating in early voting in Iowa, registered Republican Terri Rote allegedly cast two ballots for the Republican presidential nominee. Arrested and charged with election misconduct, she was released from jail on Friday on a $5,000 bond.

“I wasn’t planning on doing it twice. It was spur of the moment,” Rote told Iowa Public Radio.

Echoing Trump’s repeated remarks about widespread voter fraud, disputed by Republicans and Democrats and made without evidence, Rote added: “The polls are rigged.”

Trump’s campaign has said he is referring to the influence of “the mainstream media” and the Washington “establishment” on the race, in which poll averages show he trails Clinton by about 4.6 points nationally, but Trump has alleged direct fraud at the polls as well.

Evidence of such criminality in the US is scarce. According to a study by Loyola Law School, for example, there have been 31 cases of voter impersonation in more than a billion ballots cast from 2000 to 2014. His claims of fraud in Philadelphia in 2012 have similarly been debunked, including by Republican officials in the city.

Nonetheless, the Trump campaign has loudly and repeatedly raised the issue, and the candidate has refused to say whether he will accept the result of the election.

A number of Republican state governments have passed laws designed to prevent voter fraud that civil rights activists say are really aimed at suppressing the vote among traditionally Democratic demographics. Some such laws have been struck down by federal courts. The decentralized electoral college system makes concerted voter fraud a nearly impossible endeavour: elections are run at the state and municipal level, by local officials of both parties. Thirty-one governors are Republicans, including Iowa’s Terry Branstad.

“I think in the 25-plus years that I’ve been doing this job, this maybe the third [time] we’ve had some irregularity that’s resulted in a criminal charge,” Polk County attorney John Sarcone told Iowa Public Radio of the Rote case.

“People aren’t voting more than once. And if they do, or attempt to do it, they will get caught because there are safeguards in place,” Sarcone added. “We want everybody to exercise their right to vote, but only once.”

The Des Moines Register reported that three instances of suspected voter fraud were reported to police in Polk County. Rote, it said, cast votes at two locations. The other cases involved the casting of mail-in ballots alongside attempts to vote in person.

“I think it shows that our voting system works in Iowa, that we’re able to catch it,” Polk County auditor Jamie Fitzgerald told the newspaper, adding that as election day approaches, “tensions are running high on both sides”. The Des Moines Register said court records showed Rote to be due to appear on 7 November, a day before the election.

The polling site RealClearPolitics shows Trump leading Clinton by just 1.4% in Iowa.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Donna Brazile, the acting chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, resigned from her role as a CNN contributor earlier this month.
Her departure was announced Monday amid fresh revelations that she sent questions to Hillary Clinton's campaign in advance of a CNN debate and a CNN-TV One town hall.
In a statement, CNN said it was "completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor."
CNN said it "never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate."
Brazile resigned from the network on October 14, three days after Wikileaks released an email in which Brazile says she got advance questions before a town hall event. "From time to time I get the questions in advance," she wrote in the email.
At the time, Brazile denied giving the campaign advance warning, saying that "as a longtime political activist" she had shared her thoughts "with each and every campaign, and any suggestions that indicate otherwise are simply untrue."
The Brazile email foreshadowed a question asked by TV One host Roland Martin at the town hall. Earlier this month, when asked by CNNMoney about the email, Martin did not deny sharing information with Brazile.
Then on Monday, Wikileaks released more emails indicating that Brazile sent a question to the Clinton campaign, then wrote: "I'll send a few more."
Brazile's contract with CNN was suspended in July, when she was appointed interim DNC chair. Now, she will not be returning to the network at all.
In a tweet late Monday morning, Brazile wrote, "Thank you @CNN. Honored to be a Democratic Strategist and commentator on the network. Godspeed to all my former colleagues."
---------

:lol

Too bad it won't make a bit of difference.

Here's a better article from the NY Times about it. It's protected, so I couldn't copy it to post here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Can any history buffs think of a more horrid election than this one? Honestly.

Clinton's campaign spent so long pumping the "Trump won't accept the election" deal, and now it is whining about the FBI director not waiting until after the election to reveal this new investigation. Blow it out your ass.

She is looking to promote a Bush-era level of opacity, and we know this going in. I can't fathom the people who are thrilled with either option.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Donna Brazile, the acting chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, resigned from her role as a CNN contributor earlier this month.
Her departure was announced Monday amid fresh revelations that she sent questions to Hillary Clinton's campaign in advance of a CNN debate and a CNN-TV One town hall.
In a statement, CNN said it was "completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor."
CNN said it "never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate."
Brazile resigned from the network on October 14, three days after Wikileaks released an email in which Brazile says she got advance questions before a town hall event. "From time to time I get the questions in advance," she wrote in the email.
At the time, Brazile denied giving the campaign advance warning, saying that "as a longtime political activist" she had shared her thoughts "with each and every campaign, and any suggestions that indicate otherwise are simply untrue."
The Brazile email foreshadowed a question asked by TV One host Roland Martin at the town hall. Earlier this month, when asked by CNNMoney about the email, Martin did not deny sharing information with Brazile.
Then on Monday, Wikileaks released more emails indicating that Brazile sent a question to the Clinton campaign, then wrote: "I'll send a few more."
Brazile's contract with CNN was suspended in July, when she was appointed interim DNC chair. Now, she will not be returning to the network at all.
In a tweet late Monday morning, Brazile wrote, "Thank you @CNN. Honored to be a Democratic Strategist and commentator on the network. Godspeed to all my former colleagues."
---------

:lol

Too bad it won't make a bit of difference.

Here's a better article from the NY Times about it. It's protected, so I couldn't copy it to post here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html
Questions at a Town Hall?:lol

There is so much more to lay at the feet of Clinton, the foundation stuff and this new FBI deal.

But for some reason you have to go way down the rabbit hole to find something.

But just like Trump the rest of the R's cannot stay on message.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Clinton's campaign spent so long pumping the "Trump won't accept the election" deal, and now it is whining about the FBI director not waiting until after the election to reveal this new investigation. Blow it out your ass.

She is looking to promote a Bush-era level of opacity, and we know this going in. I can't fathom the people who are thrilled with either option.
I'm sure some of the stuff during the Jackson era was just as bad but the reach was nowhere the same.

I am really interested to see what happens from here on out because something like this is unprecedented.

Hillary is shady as shit but Trump is being propped up and advised by freaking Breitbart. :picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is the worst one in my lifetime, that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom