User Tag List

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    It’s interesting that you’d think CNN is my favorite anything. Most liberals have a bone to pick with CNN because they helped create Trump by creating the broken “News as entertainment” genre.

They spend so much time giving time to “experts” (soulless pundits) on panels, because they believe an astronaut that saw a round earth doesn’t deserve anymore time to soeak than a blogger that believes the earth is flat. This of helps keep viewers engaged because pissed off people rarely change the channel.

That being said, the article, and the info CNN publishes is usually much better than the shit they put on cable.
    You know I gotta give you some crap to keep things interesting.

What I got from the article is that the sky isn’t falling with an over abundance of extremist groups. Without looking back it seems that back separatist groups have grown faster than the other idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    You know I gotta give you some crap to keep things interesting.

What I got from the article is that the sky isn’t falling with an over abundance of extremist groups. Without looking back it seems that back separatist groups have grown faster than the other idiots.
    It’d be interesting to see the total population of each type of group, compared to just the number of groups.

It’s also interesting how many distinctions CNN draws, I don’t see much distinction between neo nazis, racist skin heads, Ku Klux Klan and White Nationalists. If you remade that pie chart with all of those amalgamated into “white supremacist groups” it would take up over half the pie.

I do agree that when we think of traditional hate groups, and hate crimes, things aren’t as bad as they can feel, but part of that is because of how much of the new structure of hate groups is online. In 1960 the KKK used a pillowcase to keep themselves anonymous, now hundreds of thousands can interact anonymously on 4chan.

If I didn’t feel like I was screaming into the void, I could spend days on the number of lives ruined by the alt-right, and how they’re so frequently just teachers, and cops, and soldiers, and coders who are completely unaccounted for when we talk about hate groups as people who still meet in club houses,

Actually from a political standpoint, civil rights was the most disastrous thing for them to stand by. If they hadn’t alienated racists by squashing the dixiecrat rebellion, they’d never have lost control of the south. It was just the right thing to do, unfortunately Nixon and Goldwater didn’t have the integrity to leave that voting base disenfranchised.

It’s not a lie, if you had read the link, Republicans apologized a decade go for relying on racial polarization to win elections. Unfortunately shortly after that apology, moderates lost control of the party and they went right back to that racism well.

I don’t think it’s technically true that all racists are Republicans, I would say though if you are a white supremacist, you enthusiastically voted for Trump, because he’s part of a grand tradition of Republicans courting white supremacists.
    Well okay I guess. I don’t see the correlation but that’s okay because now I know the mindset of anti Trump folks. They are relying on the same BS propaganda style to paint someone as a racist to keep the black support in tow. That little scheme is now being questioned by a segment of the black community. The younger generation will change the Democratic shell game.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Well okay I guess. I donít see the correlation but thatís okay because now I know the mindset of anti Trump folks. They are relying on the same BS propaganda style to paint someone as a racist to keep the black support in tow. That little scheme is now being questioned by a segment of the black community. The younger generation will change the Democratic shell game.
    Nothing betrays conservative sensibilities like their explanations of overwhelming black support of the democratic party. It wasnít that black Americans perceived the obvious racism that the GOP was caterign to, theyíre just all so dumb that they can easily be tricked.

I guess you see black voters as naive, and childlike, unable to make adult decisions or perceive reality.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    True but how did the conservative Republican party and followers evolve to racists and when and how did the Democratic Party of race practioners and founder of KKK suddenly sprout wings. The racist label for Republicans was manufactured by the Democrats to get the black vote. They have used this ploy for a long time but now some of the black population is seeing through the BS. How anyone can just accept the lie that transcends actual history is beyond me.
    Yep.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

what was Jason Kesslerís hate group rally called, unite the left? Who was it that the KKKís newspaper endorsed for the presidency, was it Hillary? Paul Nehlen, Steve King, and other white nationalists, are they running as independents or Republicans?

Fun fact, David Duke was a Democrat until 1989, then was elected to public office for the first time as a... Republican. Because racists left Democrats en masse once they realized white supremacy had a home in the Republican party.
    Last edited by townsend; 06-03-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Nothing betrays conservative sensibilities like their explanations of overwhelming black support of the democratic party. It wasn’t that black Americans perceived the obvious racism that the GOP was caterign to, they’re just all so dumb that they can easily be tricked.

I guess you see black voters as naive, and childlike, unable to make adult decisions or perceive reality.
    Actually, that’s what Democratic policies presume.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Actually, that’s what Democratic policies presume.
    Yep, and I think our black friends are finally starting to see that. #leavingtheplantation
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Townsend, why are you so concerned with the radical fringe groups? There will always be lunatics on both sides no matter the party or president. They aren't representative of anything.

I don't see what a pissing contest of who has the worst 1% weirdos accomplishes other than "winning" internet arguments.
    Last edited by Chocolate Lab; 06-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

10. The following user likes this post:

you know you've gone off the rails when start believing that your party is so morally superior that they couldn't possibly be guilty of anything like racism. I mean, really? Is this how delusional this debate has become?