User Tag List

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

Fortsbest has given you an example: the post-Dallas cop assassination speech where he lectured on gun control. IMO almost every post-racial incident, like in Ferguson, was disappointing. He was in a unique position to try to unite people and almost every time he turned that down. Not saying he was doing it to purposely be divisive -- maybe he was just afraid of alienating his political base -- but each time he ended up pushing people apart when he could have done the opposite. Again, very disappointing and not what so many moderates thought they were getting when they elected him.

I do have to say also that the entire tone of your post strikes me as very condescending. "Literally everything" Obama did was politicized? No it wasn't. I seriously doubt I'm the only one who couldn't care less about some awards show.

And not every conservative has to be a racist, or uneducated, or gets her opinions from Fox News. You guys really need to re-think that attitude, because it's a lot of what got Trump elected.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

2. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I think that's probably unfair. I mean, yes a significant portion of the right wing hated having a black man in the white house. There is zero question about that. As they say, you don't have to be a racist to be a republican but if you're a racist you are definitely a republican. That being said you hear too many conservatives parroting this line to think it's all about that.

This is a Fox news talking point. Literally everything Obama did form ordering dijon mustard to his wife pushing kids to eat better got politicized. No matter how innocuous or bipartisan, Fox News and the Reps fought it and cast it as malevolent. After a while it sinks in and these guys believe it implicitly. I've asked people to give me examples and out comes the beer summit incident. However, the guy apologized and made every attempt to mend fences. After that example, it all gets very vague. Meeting with celebrities, going to Hollywood awards show, shit like that. As if that shows anything. Who wouldn't go to the Oscars if invited? I've googled articles about why people think he's so divisive and they're all just partisan trash. I haven't read anything above "he didn't do what we wanted him to do" so he's divisive. It's not like there was anyone trying to compromise with Obama for 8 years.

Meanwhile, you ask why Trumpy is seen as divisive and people can go like 20 deep on examples without blinking an eye. That being said, at least the folks here have the intellectual honesty to admit that.
    You forgot about the tan suit.

Fox News actually was up in arms that he wore a tan suit.

@lostxn

[QUOTE]
    There is zero question about that. As they say, you don't have to be a racist to be a republican but if you're a racist you are definitely a republican.[QUOTE]

This part of your post makes me question your credibility as a fair minded person. It is a prejudicial statement at its peak.
    Since Day One

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    You forgot about the tan suit.

Fox News actually was up in arms that he wore a tan suit.
    You watch too much Fox News...

7. The following user likes this post:

Continuation from above.

If you will check history the founders of the Democratic Party under Andrew Jackson promoted slavery while the the Republicans under Lincoln were against it. Even in the Civil Rights act it was carried by the Republicans despite the resistance from the Democrats. You might want to rethink your view on who are racists.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I think that's probably unfair. I mean, yes a significant portion of the right wing hated having a black man in the white house. There is zero question about that. As they say, you don't have to be a racist to be a republican but if you're a racist you are definitely a republican. That being said you hear too many conservatives parroting this line to think it's all about that.

This is a Fox news talking point. Literally everything Obama did form ordering dijon mustard to his wife pushing kids to eat better got politicized. No matter how innocuous or bipartisan, Fox News and the Reps fought it and cast it as malevolent. After a while it sinks in and these guys believe it implicitly. I've asked people to give me examples and out comes the beer summit incident. However, the guy apologized and made every attempt to mend fences. After that example, it all gets very vague. Meeting with celebrities, going to Hollywood awards show, shit like that. As if that shows anything. Who wouldn't go to the Oscars if invited? I've googled articles about why people think he's so divisive and they're all just partisan trash. I haven't read anything above "he didn't do what we wanted him to do" so he's divisive. It's not like there was anyone trying to compromise with Obama for 8 years.

Meanwhile, you ask why Trumpy is seen as divisive and people can go like 20 deep on examples without blinking an eye. That being said, at least the folks here have the intellectual honesty to admit that.
    That is a flat out fucking lie.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Continuation from above.

If you will check history the founders of the Democratic Party under Andrew Jackson promoted slavery while the the Republicans under Lincoln were against it. Even in the Civil Rights act it was carried by the Republicans despite the resistance from the Democrats. You might want to rethink your view on who are racists.
    Neither party is anything like their platforms from a century plus ago.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Even old, supposed smart people bring up that bullshit argument.

It is amazing.

I guess if something is repeated enough times.....

True but how did the conservative Republican party and followers evolve to racists and when and how did the Democratic Party of race practioners and founder of KKK suddenly sprout wings. The racist label for Republicans was manufactured by the Democrats to get the black vote. They have used this ploy for a long time but now some of the black population is seeing through the BS. How anyone can just accept the lie that transcends actual history is beyond me.
    Since Day One

13. The following user likes this post:

The civil right laws were not a century ago.
    Since Day One