User Tag List

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    If I don't like a movie, I'll leave the theater. If I don't like a restaurant, I won't eat there. If I don't like a neighborhood, I'll move. Et cetera.

If you hate America, and think it so oppressive then consider leaving. That's my opinion. And this is the last post I'll make on said opinion in this thread.

Now go back and read my long winded post above over and over until you brainwashed left wing mind grasps why (a) the NFL was fully justified in implementing the rule, (b) why the protests are ineffective, and (c) how the players are essentially lazy and in the wrong for continuing to want to kneel.

kthxbai
    What should those who love America, but think something could be improved do...?
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    If I don't like a movie, I'll leave the theater. If I don't like a restaurant, I won't eat there. If I don't like a neighborhood, I'll move. Et cetera.
    The difference is if you own a stake in a restaurant, you don’t let other owners run it into the ground. If you inherited a theatre, you’ll demand management work to keep clean, maintain, and improve the theater to keep it competitive. If the house you own was the house your parents and grandparents were raised in, you aren’t gonna let somebody demolish it to make a vape shop.

Citizens aren’t visitors, or patrons. They’re stakeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    What should those who love America, but think something could be improved do...?
    What is "Find a means to protest or become an advocate of their cause that doesn't include shitting on the American flag", Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Sorry, he has given a mountain of evidence to show he is. Even Paul Ryan accused him of making racist statements. I understand you are pretty partisan but don't let it blind you. Know what you're signing up for. But yeah, it would have been a non-story without Trump weighing in. The original intent of the kneeling has been totally and completely lost and now it's a fealty test to the President +/- the country.
    Show evidence of actual racism on his part. He sometimes says things that make some of us cringe, but What has he done that proves he's a racist? On the contrary, all his actions show the opposite. He called Haiti and Africa shitholes, was he wrong? Are they places you'd move your family to for living? No, because they are shitholes. Find me true examples of racism otherwise stop that leftwing BS, it's reserved for Bipo and we fight it from his dumb ass too.

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    The next person who erroneously claims this is a First Amendment issue deserves a tire iron to their head. The NFL tried to split the baby but only made things worse. Like we're not gonna notice that eight players are still in the locker room? Then you've got fools like the Jets' interim owner who promises to pay the players' fines if they kneel on the field. Just like that, you've undermined everything Goodell tried to do. Brilliant. Kneeling should either result in a disqualification or cost you a game check. That would put a stop to the nonsense.
    Exactly right. Had the NFL put a stop to it right away when the Colin started that crap, it would have been an issue for a few weeks and then done. And none of the others would have had the chance to get started and the NFL wouldn't have had to deal with it. Now everyone can see this new rule for what it is, pandering, rather than having rules and enforcing them. Which they already had to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    The difference is if you own a stake in a restaurant, you don’t let other owners run it into the ground. If you inherited a theatre, you’ll demand management work to keep clean, maintain, and improve the theater to keep it competitive. If the house you own was the house your parents and grandparents were raised in, you aren’t gonna let somebody demolish it to make a vape shop.

Citizens aren’t visitors, or patrons. They’re stakeholders.
    If you don’t like the way cancer research and care is going do you disrupt functions where they are honoring kids who died of cancer? Seems pretty classless to do something like that. How bout we burn pink ribbons because of the injustices of medical care?

That is how personal the American flag and anthem is to most who choose to honor those things. I think this is where the disconnect is. On one hand many do not understand the injustices of minorities. On the other hand those protesting do not understand what they are dishonoring when they do it in the wrong context, real or perceived.

The problem is that neither side is listening. Most of America going to ignore or resent any protest that offends their patriotism. It is so divisive that the issue gets drowned out. Now it is us against them. The protestors need to understand that under some circumstances a backlash will happen.

7. The following user likes this post:

Never happen in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post

Never happen in a million years.
    And that is the amusing part.

HEY! BLM, COPS!!! RICH WHITEY OWNERS!!!! HEY!!!!

~asked to give up check~

Oh. Well, shit ain't that bad.

~hums "Ebony and Ivory"~

That is what a lot of people seem to forget when thinking about Kaepernick and his special version of Mein Kampf.

He was not exactly a professional at the pinnacle of his game.

He was quickly becoming another flash in the pan ala Robert Griffin.

He negotiated an incredibly dumb contract with the 49ers that left him little leverage.

He lost a ton of weight after coping with injuries. And quite simply, he was not playing very well.

He chose to opt out of his contract.

But that all gets lost in the shuffle. This is not a top shelf player that is sitting out for his virtue.

This was actually a pretty shrewd career move when his on the field was pretty much in the shitter.

At least now he has a career in social activism for himself.

I find it hard to believe that Eric Reid wouldn't have a job if the hadn't of knelt.

That is 100% collusion.

A pretty good 26 year old safety can't get a job in this league? C'mon.