Cowboys Comp Picks Announced

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

A little disappointing considering what has been the expectation of two fourths.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
So what do we do with them?
Keep them and use them as is, bundle a couple for an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd, use a couple to trade for a player?
What do you guys think?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Keep them and use them as is, bundle a couple for an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd, use a couple to trade for a player?
What do you guys think?
I think Jones will try, but probably will fail. He is awful with trades.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
What do you guys think?

I'd keep them all. I'd even trade back and get more if the opportunity presented itself. More picks you have the more likely you hit on a few.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd keep them all. I'd even trade back and get more if the opportunity presented itself. More picks you have the more likely you hit on a few.
Yep, this is a very good draft in the middle rounds. I keep and use every pick I have in the 3rd-5th.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree. If I have a chance to move and get Vea or Payne I might lose the 4th (once more the f'ing last pick in the 4th).

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dallas' haul consists of selections in the fourth (No. 137), fifth (Nos. 171, 173) and sixth (No. 208) rounds.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Basically they are 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders.
Except actually they are 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders.

If we're gonna get into what they "basically" are, let's go for accuracy and just list what number selection they are and call it.

I hate that crap.... its the same as when you are picking 20th and you are like.... oh, my board only has 19 first rounders.

Well, your math is off. There are 32 first round players in every draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
While this is generally true, I think I might in fact move up this year a little.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol and each and every one of the comp picks is after the 32nd in each round.
I was addressing the logical fallacy of the "first round players" argument and simply comparing it to the saying that comp picks at the end of the round are "basically" the round after.

Top Bottom