Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Dak and Wentz both look good, but both had down games on Sunday. This really isn't that complicated.
Wentz is much more polished, and more comfortable throwing from the pocket due to his superior height. Dak might be better in the long run, but there's a reason one guy went second overall and the other in the 4th.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think there is some truth to the lack of weapons thing.

In fact, I mentioned that myself and that is why I loved our chances to win that game and said we'd only lose if we gave it away......which we damn sure tried to do. :lol

Now, the part about being better than Dak? What is that based on? The fact that he struggled against them? That is the only game the guy played poorly in, but we all saw how he turned it around completely when the game was on the line. Also, what about the fact that Wentz came into this game coming off of back to back struggling performances? Did they conveniently ignore that? Are they pretending that Wentz isn't running an offense right now that Brandon Weeden could've executed?

If you want to say Dak is in a better situation, that's fine. He certainly has more around him than Wentz does. But there hasn't been anything other than blind loyalty to lead one to say that Wentz has been better than Dak.

That is just flat out incorrect. None of the stats support that stance at all so outside of seeing green, I don't know what they are basing this opinion on.

Blind loyalty is right.

They also aren't very smart fans so they'll use things like draft status and the weapons he has around him as excuses.

I do think their lack of weapons is part of the picture but it's not the complete picture.

Personally I don't think anybody can know right now, it's the certainty of their opinions that irks me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blind loyalty is right.

They also aren't very smart fans so they'll use things like draft status and the weapons he has around him as excuses.

I do think their lack of weapons is part of the picture but it's not the complete picture.

Personally I don't think anybody can know right now, it's the certainty of their opinions that irks me.
I think a bigger part is just the offense they are running. We have seen the same dink and dunk crap with Alex Smith for years now. It's why Andy Reid is able to make garbage QBs look good. The offense is not difficult to run. If people think Doug Pederson is suddenly going to change his philosophy I think people are sadly mistaken. Of course if you put a superstar like TO in at WR I'm sure you'll see more big plays.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wentz is much more polished, and more comfortable throwing from the pocket due to his superior height. Dak might be better in the long run, but there's a reason one guy went second overall and the other in the 4th.
I don't see that at all, Dak is much more patient in the pocket and lets things develop downfield before dumping it off.

And he rarely runs.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think its a combination of shitty receivers, offensive philosophy, and their not fully trusting a rookie QB. Wentz has more than enough ability and arm to throw an accurate deep route. I've seen it.
I don't doubt that he can throw an accurate deep ball. But it's pretty common for rookie QB to not trust what he's reading from a defense. Add to that the fact that he probably doesn't trust his receivers, and the system doesn't call for it a lot.

I will say he seemed to throw downfield more prior to his pick against Detroit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Raging wood.

:hawfap

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Seriously, this is what happens when you show your players you believe in them. They take on that attitude and confidence.

I love hearing Dez saying "Let's go win this, shit." and Dak saying "I got this."

Oh please let this be the year. I will never ever ever ask for anything sports related ever again if the Cowboys could just win one damn SB in my adult life.

Just one.

dallen

Senior Tech
I do like that even though Garrett had already decided to go for it he made the team think it was their idea. I'm sure he already knew their answer, but that's good coaching

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Seriously, this is what happens when you show your players you believe in them. They take on that attitude and confidence.

I love hearing Dez saying "Let's go win this, shit." and Dak saying "I got this."

Oh please let this be the year. I will never ever ever ask for anything sports related ever again if the Cowboys could just win one damn SB in my adult life.

Just one.
The mere fact that you think the Cowboys could conceivably win the SB with a 23 year old rookie QB should be enough to make you optimistic about their chances of winning one in the next 10-12 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think its a combination of shitty receivers, offensive philosophy, and their not fully trusting a rookie QB. Wentz has more than enough ability and arm to throw an accurate deep route. I've seen it.
Yeah, he's done the best he can with what he has, which is zero run support, a mediocre OL, no WRs and a restrictive system.

He has got some good fundamental coaching, but unless he has better running backs and especially receivers, he is not going to realize his potential.

I think he has all the intangibles.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, he's done the best he can with what he has, which is zero run support, a mediocre OL, no WRs and a restrictive system.

He has got some good fundamental coaching, but unless he has better running backs and especially receivers, he is not going to realize his potential.

I think he has all the intangibles.
And I am ok with that. Ideally, he flames out so bad they don't pick up his option year, and he signs with somebody in the AFC.

Then I can resume my man crush.

Cotton

Staff member
I do like that even though Garrett had already decided to go for it he made the team think it was their idea. I'm sure he already knew their answer, but that's good coaching
Yeah, I would agree with that. It's called managing up in the business world and is a very useful tool for morale.

Cotton

Staff member
This is on the Chris Jones fake punt. This is almost as good as the Shockey premature celebration. :lol:lol:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is on the Chris Jones fake punt. This is almost as good as the Shockey premature celebration. :lol:lol:lol

Priceless.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:lol

:laff

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

:towel

Top Bottom