Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Did you listen to Josh Ennis by any chance?

That scumbag left Houston to go to Philly and now he's back after getting fired. He hates the Cowboys so it's only natural he's worked in two Cowboys-hating markets.

Can't wait to hear what that douchebag has to say today. :towel
Nah. I've heard bits and pieces of his show and it's complete garbage. Unlistenable pathetic imitation Howard stern wannabe blowhard.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sean Lee's screen read changed Cowboys tempo on defense
10:59 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

ARLINGTON, Texas – The signature play of the Dallas Cowboys’ 29-23 win against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday was Dak Prescott’s spin-a-around touchdown pass to Jason Witten on the first drive of overtime.

The most important play of the game, however, came in the middle of the fourth quarter.

Facing third-and-8 from the Dallas 30, the Eagles opted for a screen pass to Darren Sproles, who had torn apart the Cowboys' defense. Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee shot through the blockers and dropped Sproles for a 6-yard loss.

Instead of attempting a 53-yard field goal with a 23-16 lead after Caleb Sturgis made a 55-yarder in the first half, Eagles coach Doug Pederson opted to punt. The Cowboys tied the game on the ensuing 90-yard drive and Philadelphia's offense never got going again.

Lee’s eyes never left Sproles.

“I stayed on my keys,” Lee said. “When he’s in the game, he’s a huge target for them, so I was able to read that screen quickly and get a good break. You know when he’s in the game you want to focus on him a lot.”

On a five-drive span over three quarters, the Eagles had scored on four of five possessions to take a 23-13 lead with 14:09 to play.

On their final four drives of the game, Philadelphia gained 39 yards on 20 plays, lost a fumble and saw Carson Wentz get sacked twice. Lee started the first sack with a blitz that Tyrone Crawford and Cedric Thornton were able to clean up. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick had the second sack.

“At the critical moments we were able to make the play and get off the field,” coach Jason Garrett said. “That’s really important when you’re down in a game by two scores. The defense did a really good job in the latter part of the game.”

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Claiborne has a sports hernia and Church broke his arm.:window
Damn...if Claiborne needs surgery he is probably done for the year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wentz is fully capable of throwing deep. He has the arm, accuracy, and smarts. For some reason, his coaching staff is calling an offense predicated on all that short stuff. Maybe its because they're afraid of turning a rookie loose, maybe it's because they don't trust their shit stable of receivers. Who knows? But it's not because Wentz can't do it.

I watched him drop dimes down field over the last few years at NDSU. I'm not looking forward to the day when the Eagles coaches decide to let him do it in Philly.
For the record, after the game last night wentz said that there were several down the field passes called and he checked out of them to short passes based on what he saw from the defense. So it's not the coaches not calling down field passes, it's wentz himself checking down to underneath stuff. That's straight from wentz himself.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Anybody see Elliott get assholed on that last play? How was that not a penalty? I get that he was still inside 5 yards, but he was smoked in the back.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
For the record, after the game last night wentz said that there were several down the field passes called and he checked out of them to short passes based on what he saw from the defense. So it's not the coaches not calling down field passes, it's wentz himself checking down to underneath stuff. That's straight from wentz himself.
Maybe he did. QBs sometimes check out of plays depending on the defense. Hell, we had guys complaining in this thread that our corners and safeties were playing too far back. Maybe it was by design to take away the deeper stuff keeping everything in front of you, like it was by design against the Packers to only rush 3 or 4 while dropping into Rodgers' passing lanes.

Either way, he threw the ball what 40+ times? I doubt he checked out of that many.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Anybody see Elliott get assholed on that last play? How was that not a penalty? I get that he was still inside 5 yards, but he was smoked in the back.

I was just wondering the same thing? It should have been illegal contact at a minimum......then again, the refs sucked dick last night. None worse than the phantom holding call on Elliot's 60 yard run.

Cotton

Staff member
It should have been a penalty.

Cotton

Staff member
I was just wondering the same thing? It should have been illegal contact at a minimum......then again, the refs sucked dick last night. None worse than the phantom holding call on Elliot's 60 yard run.
That holding call pissed me the fuck off. It was in no way a hold, and it turned the ebb of the game. We literally had to beat the Eagles and refs both to win last night.

data

Forbes #1
Garrett suffered a cut on his face in last nights celebration after head butting Witten's face mask. Oil everywhere.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Garrett suffered a cut on his face in last nights celebration after head butting Witten's face mask. Oil everywhere.

:lol

Thank god he didn't knock his heart off his shirt.

:unsure

I said this plenty of times last night and I've said it thousands of times on this board, but I just don't know why we do this so often and why the staff doesn't learn from it.

Why do we feel the need to go empty backfield and get pass happy when we're in a great position to run or at least keep the defense guessing as to what we're going to do?

All that does is serve as a disadvantage to us and yet we keep on doing it.

It just doesn't make sense.
The worst part off it is we took no time off the clock or made them take any timeouts. That's how stupid the coaching staff is! We should have ran and made them stop us and call their timeouts.

D

Deuce

I say we blame Brian Baldinger and at least keep his Bounty Gate comments alive long enough for him to get fired.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel:towel:mj:parrot:happyhappy:headbang:cabbagepatch:rock:towel:towel

Cotton

Staff member

Terrance Williams puts his junk right in Witten's face. :lol

Top Bottom