User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Sturm: What adding Tavon Austin tells us about Scott Linehanís redesign plans

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I'm surprised by those numbers.
    Yeah and maybe he never works out but with a seventh round pick I don't mind on rolling the dice on a guy with high level physical skills. He definitely runs angry.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I'm surprised by those numbers.
    The only reason he fell to the 7th was those 2 torn ACLs. He is an injury risk, but well worth that risk in the 7th round. If he can stay healthy he will provide us with some great versatility/depth.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

On the field, he looks stiff and upright to me.

4. The following user likes this post:

On the field, he looks stiff and upright to me.
    I definitely think he is a downhill guy. He isn't going to make people miss. But in a straight line if he has a hole no one is going to want to tackle him and he is going to knock guys over and run away from defenders once he gets some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    6'1" 230 pounds with a 4.5 forty and a 40 inch verticle? I'd say most would call that an elite athlete.

He had the 5th highest SPARQ score of all RBs in this draft class.
    WGAS.

Can he catch a football, pass block, lead block, or survive NFL hits without getting hurt? IOW can I get him on the field and not telegraph my intent to the defense?

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    WGAS.

Can he catch a football, pass block, lead block, or survive NFL hits without getting hurt? IOW can I get him on the field and not telegraph my intent to the defense?
    He absolutely can pass block. He isn't a FB so not really sure how much lead block ability matters. And I'm guessing he can survive an NFL hit given his size.

So can he catch a pass is about all that's left. I'm sure he can catch a ball but like all big backs I'm sure it's not his forte'. He caught 17 balls last year for Alabama though, so it's not like he can't catch a football. So no, he wouldn't telegraph anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    He absolutely can pass block. He isn't a FB so not really sure how much lead block ability matters. And I'm guessing he can survive an NFL hit given his size.

So can he catch a pass is about all that's left. I'm sure he can catch a ball but like all big backs I'm sure it's not his forte'. He caught 17 balls last year for Alabama though, so it's not like he can't catch a football. So no, he wouldn't telegraph anything.
    True that lead blocking is lowest in importance on that list. Iím just trying to figure out how he can get on the field and not telegraph the playís intent.

True that lead blocking is lowest in importance on that list. I’m just trying to figure out how he can get on the field and not telegraph the play’s intent.

Leave that to Garrett's innate genius.

True that lead blocking is lowest in importance on that list. I’m just trying to figure out how he can get on the field and not telegraph the play’s intent.
    You use him to spell Zeke. Don't situationally do shit. Put him out there and run the regular offense. That's what I'd do anyway. The guy is a lot like Derrick Henry.