User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Sturm: What adding Tavon Austin tells us about Scott Linehanís redesign plans

  1. #31
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Can we explain that "logic"?
    He claimed that non division games didn't matter. The division winners were decided based on division record alone. So... If we swept one of the teams, and split with the other two, depending on how those two teams done in the division, we could make the playoffs as a division winner with as little as four total wins, regardless if the other teams had a better record that included non division wins.

    Hearty laughs were had all around.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    He claimed that non division games didn't matter. The division winners were decided based on division record alone. So... If we swept one of the teams, and split with the other two, depending on how those two teams done in the division, we could make the playoffs as a division winner with as little as four total wins, regardless if the other teams had a better record that included non division wins.

    Hearty laughs were had all around.
    That wasn't the claim. The claim was (accurately) that you could win the division with only 4 wins.
    You do realize you're trying to talk sense
    He was talking no sense because obviously he either didn't read what I posted or didn't understand it.

    Just like you didn't understand winning the division with a 4-12 record.
    Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    the idea is to use the gadgetry with Zeke on the field. Then, the defense is certainly screwed. They will get caught buying into the gadgetry, and Zeke will make them pay. And dearly.
    ^^^THIS guy reads and understands what he reads.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    You can't run a NFL RB 30 times a game. We run the ball more than that.
    Yeah I... never suggested that. Perhaps you're replying to someone else with this?

  4. #34
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,208
    Quote Originally Posted by DCUDoomsday View Post
    Yeah I... never suggested that. Perhaps you're replying to someone else with this?
    You suggested that no one else on the team should carry the ball...

  5. #35
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    62,112
    Quote Originally Posted by DCUDoomsday View Post
    That wasn't the claim. The claim was (accurately) that you could win the division with only 4 wins.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #36
    Senior Member pdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,754
    Theoretically, an 0-10-6 record can win the division off of the lowest tiebreaker of coin toss...then go on to win the Super Bowl.

    Our resident DCC Statistician told me that. @Iamtdg

  7. #37
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,151
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    I think you're giving our offensive coaches too much credit.
    this much is true. And yet, any of us can look at that film and see where McVay used Austin in tandem with Gurley. That shit will be good for some serious misdirection and yardage here with Zeke. Who you gonna guard?
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

  8. #38
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    And, it causes the offense to be even more predictable.
    Could happen, especially if Bo can also lead block.

  9. #39
    Senior Member deadrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    297
    Maybe it would depend on down-and-distance and field position. Anymore in the NFL it seems like 3rd and three or greater is a passing situation. Offense brings in appropriate personnel and defense responds in kind.

    But on 3rd and three if you had Zeke in the backfield and Austin in the slot, two TEs and a WR, is that a running formation or a passing formation?

  10. #40
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,859
    Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    Maybe it would depend on down-and-distance and field position. Anymore in the NFL it seems like 3rd and three or greater is a passing situation. Offense brings in appropriate personnel and defense responds in kind.

    But on 3rd and three if you had Zeke in the backfield and Austin in the slot, two TEs and a WR, is that a running formation or a passing formation?
    Rushing, given our TE's are unproven.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •