User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturm: What adding Tavon Austin tells us about Scott Linehanís redesign plans

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    It doesn't concern me that they want a gadget guy, but it would be moronic for Tavon to take more than just a handful of touces away from Zeke.

if Zeke's coming off the field, I hope it's Bo who's spelling him...not this gadgetry.
    Speaking of Bo, I really hope they design some plays that have both him and Zeke on the field at the same time. Especially on 3rd and short.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Speaking of Bo, I really hope they design some plays that have both him and Zeke on the field at the same time. Especially on 3rd and short.
    Depending on where we decide to go long (WR, DL, LB?) he might have trouble making the team. If we decide to go long in a couple other places, he might have to beat out Rod Smith as the primary backup. If Austin is going to be a RB/gadget guy, we wouldn't have room for a 4th RB.

I guess he could take Olawale's FB spot, but since they traded for him I doubt that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Depending on where we decide to go long (WR, DL, LB?) he might have trouble making the team. If we decide to go long in a couple other places, he might have to beat out Rod Smith as the primary backup. If Austin is going to be a RB/gadget guy, we wouldn't have room for a 4th RB.

I guess he could take Olawale's FB spot, but since they traded for him I doubt that happens.
    Quite possible, but I'm really hoping he makes the team and stays healthy. He would be the perfect complement to Zeke. He is a bruiser that can run up the gut and outside. We need a RB like that to throw teams off on short yardage. But, it would work much better with both of them on the field at the same time. Would be hell for DCs to scheme against.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post

I forgot about Rod, that kid made some plays last year.

In the same vein it would seem if you're throwing Austin out there it would be better if you put him out there with a regular back so they can't just key on him as running a gadget play. On the other hand, you know this coaching staff's mantra about just executing their stuff.

Not sure Bo projects to being the weapon some folks are seeing. Hopeful, but seems one-dimensional at this point. In spite of the OL talent this offense really doesnít work well when defenses get any kind of read, and Bo may telegraph intent.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Not sure Bo projects to being the weapon some folks are seeing. Hopeful, but seems one-dimensional at this point. In spite of the OL talent this offense really doesn’t work well when defenses get any kind of read, and Bo may telegraph intent.
    The point of having them both on the field at the same time is to mask that intent.

The point of having them both on the field at the same time is to mask that intent.
    There's no good reason - ever - to have Zeke on the sideline for an offensive snap. Not 3rd or 4th and long, not ever. He is a known threat to score at any given moment and defenses know that and fear that. Unfortunately our coaching doesn't know this. They're into "packages" for gadget guys which take Zeke off the field therefore removing our greatest threat.

Quote Originally Posted by DCUDoomsday View Post
    There's no good reason - ever - to have Zeke on the sideline for an offensive snap. Not 3rd or 4th and long, not ever. He is a known threat to score at any given moment and defenses know that and fear that. Unfortunately our coaching doesn't know this. They're into "packages" for gadget guys which take Zeke off the field therefore removing our greatest threat.
    And, it causes the offense to be even more predictable.

And, it causes the offense to be even more predictable.
    We just need to execute the plays better /gingerfuck
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion