User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Marinelli on Cowboys new defensive back coach Kris Richard, “This guy’s special”

Rod Marinelli on Cowboys new defensive back coach Kris Richard, “This guy’s special”

Rod Marinelli on Cowboys new defensive back coach Kris Richard, “This guy’s special”
    There’s a new coach in town and he’s already making a favorable impression.
    By DannyPhantom@DannyPhantom24 May 13, 2018, 11:00am CDT

The offseason of the Dallas Cowboys has been so full of change. All-Pro players from the past have been cut, Hall of Famers of the future have retired, and a few trades have landed some new faces in new places. But the shake up of players is just the half of it as the team has shuffled their coaching staff this offseason, bringing in several new position coaches. Kris Richard is one of those coaches.

The Cowboys hired Richard to replace linebackers coach/passing-game coordinator Matt Eberflus, who left to become the defensive coordinator of the Indianapolis Colts. Richard has been coaching the Seattle Seahawks the last eight years, working as their defensive backs coach and then spending the last three seasons as the defensive coordinator. The Seahawks cleaned house this offseason, making several coaching changes, including the firing of Richard.

Richard had a lot of success with Seattle as their defense had been one of the best units in the league over his tenure and included the star-studded defensive back group known as the Legion of Boom. But the success has slipped a bit as of late. After helping the Seahawks defense lead the league in fewest points allowed in 2014 and 2015, they dropped down to third in 2016. Last year, the defense fell to 13th, however, it cannot go unnoticed that they suffered injuries to All-Pro defensive backs Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman.

Richard now looks to bring that same level of awesomeness to Dallas and early indications are that he’s already making a good impression with the team.

We are going to need Richard to stage a coup. Just take over and run shit.

Coaching was our biggest weakness in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    We are going to need Richard to stage a coup. Just take over and run shit.

Coaching was our biggest weakness in 2017.
    I found the graph at the end very interesting. I was thinking we should have kept Church but he was only a smidge better than Heath and he cost over five times as much. Hell of a move by the FO to dump our veteran secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I found the graph at the end very interesting. I was thinking we should have kept Church but he was only a smidge better than Heath and he cost over five times as much. Hell of a move by the FO to dump our veteran secondary.
    They were all sub-par DBs which made the decision not to pay them millions easy.

Anyone could tell they weren’t worth keeping.

They were all sub-par DBs which made the decision not to pay them millions easy.

You people make it hard to maintain a positive attitude...

You people make it hard to maintain a positive attitude...
    That said, I think the group we replaced them with is far superior and only stands to improve.

I just wish we weren’t always reacting and overreacting and instead developed and stuck with a plan.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar

Yeah, but how many times have moves been obvious to us and the FO still dig in their heels and kept players long past when they should have?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

That said, I think the group we replaced them with is far superior and only stands to improve.

I just wish we weren’t always reacting and overreacting and instead developed and stuck with a plan.
    The more Stephen gets involved with decisions, the more we seem to make long-term decisions rather than than risky splash moves. This last draft was the epitome of a level-headed, dispassionate exercise. Cutting Dez was not a Jerry decision, really. I know people love to call him goof-son and all that but the overall trajectory of the team is in the right direction.

The more Stephen gets involved with decisions, the more we seem to make long-term decisions rather than than risky splash moves. This last draft was the epitome of a level-headed, dispassionate exercise. Cutting Dez was not a Jerry decision, really. I know people love to call him goof-son and all that but the overall trajectory of the team is in the right direction.
    Jerry seems to be actually stepping aside slowly and letting Stephen take over. He (Jerry) seems to be more ceremonial figurehead now than actual head of state.
    New blood in the form of Hurns, Gallup, Thompson, Austin and Wilson will help breathe life into a broken passing game.

Stephen’s a more sensible person (how could he not be) and not a gambler, but he’s still an idiot for not hiring a football GM