User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys: Can Jason Garrett get himself off the hot seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    The coordinators are the ones who will probably pay if things go south.
    This just happened. Are you suggesting a repeat if we fail to make the playoffs in '18? I don't see that being likely. The whole body goes in that case, starting with the coaching 'head'.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    This just happened. Are you suggesting a repeat if we fail to make the playoffs in '18? I don't see that being likely. The whole body goes in that case, starting with the coaching 'head'.
    That was just assistants. Marinelli will just retire and it blamed on him.
    #Fire Garrett

3. The following user likes this post:

Yeah, that's how I see it. They're not going to rearrange deck chairs on the titanic again. There will have to be significant improvement or he's out of here. Jerry's old, I doubt he's going to wait forever for Jason to finally get it.

I hope you guys are right, but I seriously doubt it. Now a 5-11 type year, sure, the fan outrage might be more than Jerry could ignore. If Jerry sensed fans were losing interest to the point it affected his bottom line, he might make a change.

But merely a disappointing year? Naw. Garrett is too much a part of the family and Jerry doesn't want to start over. Neither does Stephen. They'll find some excuses like they always have.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

I hope you guys are right, but I seriously doubt it. Now a 5-11 type year, sure, the fan outrage might be more than Jerry could ignore. If Jerry sensed fans were losing interest to the point it affected his bottom line, he might make a change.

But merely a disappointing year? Naw. Garrett is too much a part of the family and Jerry doesn't want to start over. Neither does Stephen. They'll find some excuses like they always have.
    Sad thing is they’d never even consider a GM change, even if it was the obvious course. Not unless they wanted to get another stadium built.

Im telling you, Jones sees that both Witt and Romo played their entire careers here and got dick for postseason accomplishments, and that hurts him. I don't think he will waste Zeke and Dak's careers in similar fashion.

Im telling you, Jones sees that both Witt and Romo played their entire careers here and got dick for postseason accomplishments, and that hurts him. I don't think he will waste Zeke and Dak's careers in similar fashion.
    Again, I hope you're right. Maybe I'm too cynical on this. But look at what he said about Witten and Romo -- it wasn't on coaching, it was on him. Man in the mirror.

Just lip service.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Are you a season ticket holder?
    #Fire Garrett

Just lip smack service.
    FIFY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Are you a season ticket holder?
    No.