User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys: Can Jason Garrett get himself off the hot seat?

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    It took 11 years for Tom Landry to win a Super Bowl and he wasn't competing about 31 other teams in a salary cap league.
    Please. Tom Landry wasn't handed a franchise QB and a team that had just won 13 games the year prior. He literally was given the dregs of the league and had to construct a team from that. Hell, he didn't even get to participate in the draft his first year. And after all that, had the team in the NFL championship game by year 7. Jason Garrett would have shit himself inside out and smoked his circuit board if he had to deal with something like that.

To even imply that Garrett might be even half as good as Tom Landry at his absolute worst is a fucking travesty.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Please. Tom Landry wasn't handed a franchise QB and a team that had just won 13 games the year prior. He literally was given the dregs of the league and had to construct a team from that. Hell, he didn't even get to participate in the draft his first year. And after all that, had the team in the NFL championship game by year 7. Jason Garrett would have shit himself inside out and smoked his circuit board if he had to deal with something like that.

To even imply that Garrett might be even half as good as Tom Landry at his absolute worst is a fucking travesty.
    Way to pluck the needle out of the haystack. Did you even bother to read the entire post? I'm just saying the whole 7 years is enough time is why teams turn over coaches all the time. It doesn't always work out. I'm fine with an upgrade but I don't want change for the sake of it. We could do worse than Garrett. He's an average NFL coach.

4. The following user likes this post:

Way to pluck the needle out of the haystack. Did you even bother to read the entire post? I'm just saying the whole 7 years is enough time is why teams turn over coaches all the time. It doesn't always work out. I'm fine with an upgrade but I don't want change for the sake of it. We could do worse than Garrett. He's an average NFL coach.
    Yeah, I did. When you lead off with an excuse for a shitty coach by mentioning an alltimer to try and construct said excuse, it tends to stand out.

Yeah, I did. When you lead off with an excuse for a shitty coach by mentioning an alltimer to try and construct said excuse, it tends to stand out.
    The prevalent thought is that because Garrett hasn't won a Superbowl by year 7, that he's incompetent. It's lazy thinking. But whatever, you go with your fake outrage.

Just watched an "All or Nothing" clip of Garret on YouTube. He was reaming the scout team players out for lack of effort in a practice. The use of the words "fuck" or "fuckin" was gratuitous. It seemed forced.

I can't imagine that half the players in the room weren't mortified -- not by the words themselves but by how fake and forced it was. It was the least motivational, most uninspired thing I've ever seen.

When I was in basic training, drill instructors used profanity freely and often. But it was different. They were pros at cursing. And the setting was different.

That clip showed me why Garrett is a horrible coach. Bombarding players with f-bombs on one hand, then acting like Ken the cheer-leading doll on the sideline on Sunday. All forced, no spontaneity, nothing genuine.

Chocolate Lab said it above: "It's still all superficial and forced. He's still more like an actor trying to play a coach than an actual coach with talent."

Plus he sucks at Xs and Os. Maybe he really is boning Charlotte.

8. The following user likes this post:

The prevalent thought is that because Garrett hasn't won a Superbowl by year 7, that he's incompetent. It's lazy thinking. But whatever, you go with your fake outrage.
    More like consistently not getting the team to play to its potential over the last seven years.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Garrett has had to coach with the Clampetts in the front office. That's a serious millstone for any coach.

But none of that is an excuse for an unimaginative offense, getting the best out of players and talent, and being a phony individual.

Jerry is responsible for keeping Garrett in place.

They deserve each other.

That's the prevalent thinking, huh?

Find me one person that thinks that, and I'll show you another idiot to support your cause here.

That's the prevalent thinking, huh?

Find me one person that thinks that, and I'll show you another idiot to support your cause here.
    Oh noes NoDak called me dumb...

Oh noes NoDak called me dumb...
    Actually, no. I didn't. I see my phone changed "an idiot" to another idiot so can see how you'd come to that conclusion. Oh well. Not too worried about it.

Should I be offended you accused me of lazy thinking and fake outrage?