User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys: Can Jason Garrett get himself off the hot seat?

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    It makes you wonder if Ginger and his staff can evolve, go to the next level.

Game plan against a specific defense, make adjustments at half time, etc.

They haven't done it so far.

Back in the day Lombardi would say, "we're going to run the Green Bay sweep at you, you know it's coming, but you can't stop it."

It seems that's where Ginger's head is. "We've got this really simple, basic offense based on execution." When other teams stop it, he's lost.
    I think all of the coaches allowed 2016 to give them a big head. And, then when those same plays didn’t work, because of injuries/suspensions, they had zero clue how to adjust.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    It will really impress me if he can get this team to the playoffs and win a game.

I see the same old scratchin' battlin' clawin' 8-8.
    I need 2 playoff wins at least.
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    I need 2 playoff wins at least.
    All 2 playoff wins will do is placate the fan base and season ticket holders. It will postpone Jerry having to confront the fact that his "Tom Landry" will never be Tom Landry.

Garrett, as they say, is the Marvin Lewis of the NFC. Not a good coach, not a horrible coach. A coach who will win just enough to keep Jerry "relevant", the networks interested, 90,000 showing up for home games -- that's about it.

Unless the team craters this year, I don't believe Garrett is on the hot seat. At this stage of his life Jerry doesn't want to go out and look for another head coach.

All 2 playoff wins will do is placate the fan base and season ticket holders. It will postpone Jerry having to confront the fact that his "Tom Landry" will never be Tom Landry.

Garrett, as they say, is the Marvin Lewis of the NFC. Not a good coach, not a horrible coach. A coach who will win just enough to keep Jerry "relevant", the networks interested, 90,000 showing up for home games -- that's about it.

Unless the team craters this year, I don't believe Garrett is on the hot seat. At this stage of his life Jerry doesn't want to go out and look for another head coach.
    Im thinking 2 wins might get us to the NFC title game. If we were to get there, Id give the team an opportunity to win in spite of Garrett.
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

"Play your best players"

"Make halftime adjustments"

Garretts been here for almost a decade, and he still hasn't mastered things that seem like they would've been covered in the first chapter of a Complete Idiots Guide to Coaching book.

6. The following user likes this post:

Garrett, as they say, is the Marvin Lewis of the NFC. Not a good coach, not a horrible coach.
    No. He is a horrible coach.

And I seriously doubt even a really bad result like 5-11 or below gets Garrett fired. This "hotseat" stuff is a myth. Or, wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Im thinking 2 wins might get us to the NFC title game. If we were to get there, Id give the team an opportunity to win in spite of Garrett.
    Haven't been to the NFC title game since 1995, 23 years, one of only three NFC teams to share that humiliation. As of 2017, Garrett was the HC for 9.5 of those years. 2018 would make it 11, which would be 47% of the time encompassing that dismal failure.

Garrett was named OC in 2007. So for 13 of the 23 years Dallas has not made the NFC title game, Garrett has been an instrumental part of the team, OC or HC, 57% of the time.

Hot seat? How does this guy even still have a job?

One and done preserves Garrett’s job.

I loved when the Chargers fired Marty S. after a 14-2 season when he went one and done.

We’ve nowhere near that kind of clued-in and gutsy front office.

That clued in and gutsy front office is laughed at ON THIS BOARD for being the Cowboys of the AFC. What exactly have they ever won with all those clues and guts you love so much?

Garrett's hot seat is only as warm as the front office wants it to be.