User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OTAs/Mini-camps Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Good, I think Cedrick Wilson is a real sleeper at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Good, I think Cedrick Wilson is a real sleeper at WR.
    Yep. I like our WR corps, especially if Hurns returns to form an health.

I like the idea that we have a group of WRs that could potentially battle it out. If we allow them to to that we should come out the other side with a few players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar71 View Post
    Tapper is the Matt Johnson of DEs.
    Completely forgot about him, Dallas gave Johnson what, 2 years to prove he could stay on the field? Another wasted mid round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    Completely forgot about him, Dallas gave Johnson what, 2 years to prove he could stay on the field? Another wasted mid round pick.
    It was a little different with him, there was little competition to keep them from doing that.

It was not just the wasted pick with Johnson. It was keeping him hanging around, chewing up a roster spot when he was healthy and above all else his "potential" keeping the team from adding more talent in the hopes that it didn't stunt his "progress".

Tapper won't have that luxury. He will have plenty of guys ready to take his spot in the pecking order. There is pretty decent depth. We may not have the inside stud we so badly need, but when you have the likes of Datone Jones and Ealy on the roster it makes it less likely to want to waste time and energy on a teasing turd like Tapper.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

The clock is ticking on Tapper.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    The clock is ticking on Tapper.
    I think that Clock already struck 12. Ealy, Gregory and Taco all training while he has another injury...
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar71 View Post
    Tapper is the Matt Johnson of DEs.
    He’s all but done at this point. No way to make the roster except on IR.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Tapper should just tap out, nomesayin'?

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    It was a little different with him, there was little competition to keep them from doing that.

It was not just the wasted pick with Johnson. It was keeping him hanging around, chewing up a roster spot when he was healthy and above all else his "potential" keeping the team from adding more talent in the hopes that it didn't stunt his "progress".

Tapper won't have that luxury. He will have plenty of guys ready to take his spot in the pecking order. There is pretty decent depth. We may not have the inside stud we so badly need, but when you have the likes of Datone Jones and Ealy on the roster it makes it less likely to want to waste time and energy on a teasing turd like Tapper.
    Looking forward about 2 years I really like where we're at on the DL, assuming we can find ourselves a stud DT, and assuming Lawrence can give us about 8-12 sacks a year which seems reasonable assuming health.

You have Lawrence/Charlton/Armstrong at DE, perhaps one of Ealy/Gregory can establish themselves in the rotation as well. I think Charlton will give us a solid 6 or so sacks a year with very good run defense and Armstrong has starter potential as well.

At DT I like Collins as a long-term starter, he can play either the 3 or 1, you'd just rather have him be your 2nd best DT and not your top guy at the position. I don't think Irving is long for this team all things considered so ideally we find a guy in the draft next year in what could be a rare DL class. Guys like Ward, Jones, or Price should give us decent enough depth as well moving forward.