User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerry Jones says Cowboys should see different Ezekiel Elliott in 2018

So a continuation of the excuse-making seen in All or Nothing.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Barkley has the tools to be an all-timer. I'm not going to crown his ass yet since we haven't seen him in the pros. Therefore I'm not going to say with certainty - yet - that he's better than Zeke.

Zeke is pretty great himself, so for Barkley to be better he'll pretty much have to be an all-timer. And if that's the case, there's no real shame in being 2nd best to an all-timer.
    Zeke has many of the same tools as Barkley. Some weaknesses Barkley has are Zeke strengths and vice versa.

Every year we have an all world RB that is expected to be the next AP or LT or Zeke, and then doesn't. I bet Zeke's head is on straight this year and he kills it. Barkley may be great, but I don't see that line letting him be all world and he'll get beaten down in the end.

Penn State RBs taken high seem to have been cursed since Curt Warner.

Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis failed through either injury or incompetence.

Barkley looks awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Penn State RBs taken high seem to have been cursed since Curt Warner.

Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis failed through either injury or incompetence.

Barkley looks awesome though.
    Yeah I really like Barkley. I'm not going to shit on the guy simply because he went to the Giants. But the NFL is littered with first round RBs who didn't work out. Guys like Cadillac Williams, Beanie Wells and Trent Richardson.

Barkley indeed does look "other worldly". But as of now (IMO) Zeke is the best in the game. The media focused almost solely on his legal troubles and he was all but left out of the mix of Who's Who at RB. Guys like Kamara and Bell were suddenly superior, regardless of the fact that Zeke was top dog in 2016. I'm not being a homer when I say I'll take Zeke over anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Barkley indeed does look "other worldly". But as of now (IMO) Zeke is the best in the game. The media focused almost solely on his legal troubles and he was all but left out of the mix of Who's Who at RB. Guys like Kamara and Bell were suddenly superior, regardless of the fact that Zeke was top dog in 2016. I'm not being a homer when I say I'll take Zeke over anyone else.
    Gurley when healthy is the total package. Certainly a better receiver.