MacMahon: ESPN Insider NFL future rankings: Cowboys No. 24

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd be willing to bet that the Cowboys are the most heavily bet team in the NFL.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd be willing to bet that the Cowboys are the most heavily bet team in the NFL.
When they're relevant, the 49ers get bet on like crazy with half their fan base a couple of hours drive from Reno or Las Vegas.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Amazingly, Lindy's preview magazine picked Dallas 1st in the division. Redskins 2nd, Eagles 3rd, Giants 4th. Don't know if I see that being the case.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When they're relevant, the 49ers get bet on like crazy with half their fan base a couple of hours drive from Reno or Las Vegas.
The Cowboys are always relevant. People like to bet against them and we still have one of the biggest, if not the biggest, fanbase around.

I know I am right on this...please stand down.

Lotuseater

Banned
You've got it a lot harder than I do; maybe you should explain it.

The team that has missed the playoffs three straight years and is going into a fourth with deficiencies at OL and DL that make it impossible for them to compete? How do I know that team isn't a championship team?

I didn't say Dez Bryant can't ever be part of the backbone of a championship team. I said the pieces that are here now do not aggregate up to a championship team.

This is not a damn fine roster, it's an average roster that could do better if Tony Romo goes off the charts or Dez Bryant turns into a superhuman.

It's a seriously flawed roster that 90% of coaches in this league cannot win with unless a bunch of things turn out in our favor.
Dude, you're seeing what you want to see. You know damn well the roster and Romos grades were off.

90% of NFL coaches couldn't win with this roster? Wonderfully wrong.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The QB rating is right where it should be...I got no beef with that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're increasing your odds of winning by this one bet alone. Well played.

Lotuseater

Banned
The QB rating is right where it should be...I got no beef with that.
It should have been half a point higher. He is still top five in almost every category that matters. He threw for almost 5000 yds.

Romo has his issues but he is at least a 7 out of 10 as an NFL quarterback.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I could care less about the point system...as it stands now we are ranked 11th, which seems like a fair assessment.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Your geography is flawed. Vegas is about 8 to 10 hours from S.F.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's put together such a nice roster that it's being held together by aging Bill Parcells acquisitions in Witten, Ware, Romo, Ratliff, and Austin, and the rest of the team is rotten.

He's gotten Bryant, Lee, Carter, Carr, and Claiborne. Not exactly the backbone of a champion.
So in your opinion Bryant, Lee, Carter , Carr, and Claiborne are rotten and Ratliff and Austin are key in holding this team together.

Or did i read this wrong.:unsure

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What part? because you definitely said the rest of the team was rotten outside of the Parcells guys.
I definitely made the exception for the guys that I singled out.

And if you had a brain, you could read between the lines and see that I'm talking about the team in general being rotten, not every single player on the roster.

Lotuseater

Banned
I definitely made the exception for the guys that I singled out.

And if you had a brain, you could read between the lines and see that I'm talking about the team in general being rotten, not every single player on the roster.
There's that famous schmittler double-talk.

Keep going though, you've got us on the ropes.........

Top Bottom