Cavanaugh: The Large Humans of Relevance: Cowboys Edition

p1_

DCC 4Life
we still need safety help.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
If we can't get Vea or Payne, we could still get a quality tackle like Settles in the third.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never thought about that. If he could hit 315 that would help. I think he's around 280-290
I'd be worried he would lose athleticism doing that. Plus it's not like we want to force him into the 1 technique role. 285-290 is perfect for the three technique spot.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'd be worried he would lose athleticism doing that. Plus it's not like we want to force him into the 1 technique role. 285-290 is perfect for the three technique spot.
You're right, I was thinking about that soon after I posted. His game is speed and athleticism. You can't ask him to pack on 25 lbs and be something he's not.
But picking Hurst would give us three starting level 3 techs. We still need a legit 1. Guess that's why I'm so focused on Vea or Payne.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're right, I was thinking about that soon after I posted. His game is speed and athleticism. You can't ask him to pack on 25 lbs and be something he's not.
But picking Hurst would give us three starting level 3 techs. We still need a legit 1. Guess that's why I'm so focused on Vea or Payne.
Yeah I mean I agree, I just wouldn't draft Hurst with the idea of changing what he is. There are lots of one techniques in this draft. If you're looking for a 315+ beast for the 1 technique spot there are guys in this draft to do that. Far beyond even just the two guys you mentioned. And I don't even see Payne as a first rounder. I think he has more the skill set of a guy who should go in the second. That doesn't mean he won't go in the first, I just don't think he has enough for me to want to take him there and I think there are other NTs who will be available later that I don't think would give us significantly less. Harrison Phillips for example is a guy I really like as a second rounder.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean I agree, I just wouldn't draft Hurst with the idea of changing what he is. There are lots of one techniques in this draft. If you're looking for a 315+ beast for the 1 technique spot there are guys in this draft to do that. Far beyond even just the two guys you mentioned. And I don't even see Payne as a first rounder. I think he has more the skill set of a guy who should go in the second. That doesn't mean he won't go in the first, I just don't think he has enough for me to want to take him there and I think there are other NTs who will be available later that I don't think would give us significantly less. Harrison Phillips for example is a guy I really like as a second rounder.
Yeah I've been reading up on some of these guys we could get if we miss out on Vea. Phillips is one of those players that looks like he could be a solid all around type who could stop the run and get some pressure. There's a few other "under the radar" prospects who are getting some attention.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Settle or Phillips would be awesome in the 2nd, maybe Nnadi as well but definitely in the 3rd, and then guys like Senat/BJ Hill in the 3rd or Ford in the 4th.

Lots of really nice 1-T's, it kind of reminds me of CB last year where I would've been fine with King in the 1st (would be fine with Payne or Vea) but I'd kind of rather hold off like we did and end up with an Awuzie (Settle) in the 2nd or Lewis (Nnadi/Senat) in the 3rd.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Settle or Phillips would be awesome in the 2nd, maybe Nnadi as well but definitely in the 3rd, and then guys like Senat/BJ Hill in the 3rd or Ford in the 4th.

Lots of really nice 1-T's, it kind of reminds me of CB last year where I would've been fine with King in the 1st (would be fine with Payne or Vea) but I'd kind of rather hold off like we did and end up with an Awuzie (Settle) in the 2nd or Lewis (Nnadi/Senat) in the 3rd.
I agree with the Settle, Nnadi and Senat ideas. Will throw in a Nathan Shepherd, Trenton Thompson, Folo Fatukasi, P.J. Hall.

There really is no excuse to not come out of this draft with a couple of quality DTs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with the Settle, Nnadi and Senat ideas. Will throw in a Nathan Shepherd, Trenton Thompson, Folo Fatukasi, P.J. Hall.

There really is no excuse to not come out of this draft with a couple of quality DTs.
You've now jynxed us.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, he’d stay 3-T and it could move the bigger Collins into a rotation at 1-T and give us options in later rounds.

On pure pass rushing downs Lawrence, Irving, Hurst, and Charleton (fingers crossed) would apply pressure from everywhere.

Top Bottom