User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raiders' Ryan Switzer says Cowboys miscast him as RB

They said on the Ticket they suspect the term might come from the Oregon system where it was featured, ie, ducks? Have webbed feat? I dunno.

Sturm said he thought they just made the term up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I just wonder what the point is if teams don't respect the guy as a running back. If all you're doing is lining up a WR in the backfield it seems like it would be pretty easy for a defense to figure out.
    Our offensive braintrust is not exactly top tier so there isn't much to wonder about here.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    They said on the Ticket they suspect the term might come from the Oregon system where it was featured, ie, ducks? Have webbed feat? I dunno.

Sturm said he thought they just made the term up.
    Pretty sure it's completely made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Our offensive braintrust is not exactly top tier so there isn't much to wonder about here.
    It was like when we used Lance Dunbar and everyone knew he was going to run some sort of a route. He sucked at picking up the blitz and was terrible at running the ball. So what exactly did it accomplish? Defenses knew exactly what he was going to do. We used him like a WR who lined up differently. Of course this coaching staff knows nothing but telegraphing 95% of what they are going to do ahead of time.

Yeah Mike Jenkins could just never stay healthy. Felix was Felix. A part time college player who was best as a part time professional player. Just never should have been a first round pick.
    Felix just seemed like he never really gave a damn. I want killers on the field, which is hard to find with these youngins these days.

There was a lot of hype around both Jones and McFadden coming out of Arkansas. Knowing Jerral, that may have influenced the pick as well back then. McFadden at least patched together a halfway decent career but Jones kind of just faded into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    There was a lot of hype around both Jones and McFadden coming out of Arkansas. Knowing Jerral, that may have influenced the pick as well back then. McFadden at least patched together a halfway decent career but Jones kind of just faded into the sunset.
    I have no doubt that Jerry's love of Arkansas gave him an edge. I just never could understand the concept of taking a college change of pace back in the first round.

I have no doubt that Jerry's love of Arkansas gave him an edge. I just never could understand the concept of taking a college change of pace back in the first round.
    Jerry didn’t think enough of McFadden to draft him. Even after he landed on the team he still took a back seat to other running backs. He didn’t protect him from getting cut loose from the team when the time was right. I don’t have a memory that Jones catered to Arkansas players at all. Very few players from Arkansas has been on the Cowboys roster since Jones tenure.
    Since Day One

Yeah, the whole line of thinking that Jerry is infatuated with Arkansas is lazy and retarded.