User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raiders' Ryan Switzer says Cowboys miscast him as RB

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I can see the advantage of having a WR who can line up as a RB, or a RB who can line up as a WR.

But you can't fit a square peg into a round hole.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Linehan, with his spread background, really wants more of the “spread to run” RB/WR slot type, especially for the post-Witten era. Tried it with Switzer; Austin is tailor-made for the role.

http://https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/3/2/17071196/a-new-kind-of-slot-receiver-in-the-spread-hybrids-mark-andrews-flex-te-urban-meyer-lincoln-riley

Quote Originally Posted by GShock View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Linehan, with his spread background, really wants more of the “spread to run” RB/WR slot type, especially for the post-Witten era. Tried it with Switzer; Austin is tailor-made for the role.

http://https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/3/2/17071196/a-new-kind-of-slot-receiver-in-the-spread-hybrids-mark-andrews-flex-te-urban-meyer-lincoln-riley
    That would make sense except Garrett has tried to have it since he's been here, going all the way back to taking Felix over the HC's choice CJ
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

3. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    That would make sense except Garrett has tried to have it since he's been here, going all the way back to taking Felix over the HC's choice CJ
    It just seems to be this theoretical itch they can never scratch.

It is really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins, what a fucking waste of a draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Desean Jackson, trade down for Matt Forte and Calais Campbell would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Both of those guys played well their first year or two and then both turned to shit. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Both of those guys played well their first year or two and then both turned to shit. It was weird.
    Yeah Mike Jenkins could just never stay healthy. Felix was Felix. A part time college player who was best as a part time professional player. Just never should have been a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I fucking hate the staff's obsession with this "web back" role and how they apparently ruined Switzer's one year audition with this crap. He could have been groomed into a Beasley replacement, or even more than Beasley.
    What was that "web back" stuff about anyway? Web back? Sounds like another trendy new term that the coach uses to sound cool. Garrett loves those. ("Position Flex" )
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

I'm completely making this up but I'd imagine "web back" is called that because you can line a guy up in the backfield as a RB and have him run a route in any direction, making it look like a spider web on a whiteboard if you drew the spot where the RB lines up and all the directions he could run a route in.

It's bullshit consultant talk, which is probably what Garrett is best at.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I'm completely making this up but I'd imagine "web back" is called that because you can line a guy up in the backfield as a RB and have him run a route in any direction, making it look like a spider web on a whiteboard if you drew the spot where the RB lines up and all the directions he could run a route in.

It's bullshit consultant talk, which is probably what Garrett is best at.
    I just wonder what the point is if teams don't respect the guy as a running back. If all you're doing is lining up a WR in the backfield it seems like it would be pretty easy for a defense to figure out.