User Tag List

View Poll Results: Jerry Jones: Ayuh or Feh?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feh

18 90.00%
  • Ayuh

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jones: Ayuh or Feh?

Jerry Jones: Ayuh or Feh?

Jerry Jones has given fans more inside access into how our beloved franchise operates than any other sports franchise in existence. It’s easy to find and follow the team - HBO specials, primetime games, draft War Room, etc. Cowboys’ marketing reach is above and beyond any other franchise with merchandise more readily found than any other franchise. State-of-the-art, world renowned stadium that everyone else has since tried to emulate. Never a dull moment, even losses are drama; Always relevant, always a spectacle with something to talk about. The Cowboys have won 3 Super Bowls.

Cowboys have won 3 playoff games since 1996, only one of three NFC teams w/o an NFCC appearance since 1996. Jerry allows and encourages a circus environment, sometimes embarrassing fans.

When it comes down to his 38 years of ownership, Jerry Jones in one word - ayuh or feh?

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I think everyone on this knows how I voted on this one. Hell, I started a fucking website to take him down.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

All I care about is winning so the answer is obvious. In a vacuum 3 Super Bowls in 30 years is very good but we all know there are significant mitigating circumstances there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I think everyone on this knows how I voted on this one. Hell, I started a fucking website to take him down.
    ya know, maybe you could start a JJ-only hate thread here to chronicle why he is so despised. Include the articles that all of your wonderful CFR contributors made. Let it stand as a virtual memorial and everlasting reminder in cyberspace...or at least until the donations run out.

His whole family can die in a fire for all I care.

3 super bowls in 30 years sounds nice but what about 3 super bowls in the first 5 years then 25 years of being shit upon?
    #Fire Garrett

The only thing that makes the conversation remotely even worth having is the fact that he lucked into hiring Jimmy Johnson which brought about 3 early Super Bowls.

I don't care about his amazing success marketing and branding and his "willingness to spend." Yes, he's a showman who has excelled with promoting the brand, and maybe that has its advantages over a loser like Bum Bright owning the team.

But give me Jeffrey Lurie, Robert Kraft, Arthur Blank, etc, any reasonably active and bright businessman running an NFL team, and combine that with the national allure of the Cowboys, and you probably have similar exposure. Maybe you don't quite have the same diamond of a stadium or gem of a practice facility. Maybe the team website isn't quite as polished. Maybe the media exposure isn't quite so invasive and unrelenting. But the Cowboys as a brand almost sells itself. There's no question in my mind that the Cowboys would still be the league's preeminent franchise with a different, less showy owner. And if they had continued to win in the last 20 years, the period in which the NFL has really, truly surged to the forefront of American culture, they might be even bigger than they are given that they've been largely an afterthought, competitively, for the last two decades.

8. The following user likes this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    ya know, maybe you could start a JJ-only hate thread here to chronicle why he is so despised. Include the articles that all of your wonderful CFR contributors made. Let it stand as a virtual memorial and everlasting reminder in cyberspace...or at least until the donations run out.
    I am far too lazy for that. Besides, I couldn't even tell you where all of that stuff is anymore.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I wonder which Jerry would choose to have carved on his tombstone:

1. "He was the P.T.Barnum of the N.F.L. No one was better at vacuuming money out of the suckers' pockets."

... or ...

2. "He was a football guy."

There are hucksters in every field of endeavor, and lots of them have gotten rich doing it. So what.

But there's only a few football guys -- Halas, Paul Brown, maybe even Al Davis.

So Jerry is condemned to the legacy of a snake oil salesman. But with a record of wins and losses as dismal and pathetic as his, he'll never be thought of as a football guy.

I hope that eats at him. I really do.

Lostxn laughs at your meek attempt to get poll master back.
    #Fire Garrett