User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91

Thread: California's economy is now the 5th-biggest in the world, and has overtaken the United Kingdom

  1. #21
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    She says she moved from Manhattan, so I imagine she enjoys the city life. If SF City proper is so dead to her and she must stay in the Bay Area, try San Mateo downtown, Campbell, Mountain View, Burlingame. If she works at/near Stanford University (Hoover Institution), her commute will be cut in half, too.

    Otherwise, move to San Diego or Orange County. SoCal is much, much different than SF Bay Area.
    I'll pass this along
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

  2. #22
    Senior Member pdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,753
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    I'll pass this along
    Ask if she'll write an article about public nudity and public displays of BDSM.


  3. #23
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Ask if she'll write an article about public nudity and public displays of BDSM.

    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

  4. #24
    El Presidente' skidadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,895
    New Braunfels police take the homeless people the next town over and dump them off like any compassionate place should.

  5. #25
    Senior Member pdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,753
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Yes, I know her and that was her response to your response, also I do agree she needs to move since she can't stand the area. I've been trying to sell her on Texas but in her field she pretty much has to be in a coastal area(California/ DC/ NY)
    Out of curiosity, what is her reaction to moving to Texas? While Texas streets are cleaner, is it big-city enough for her?

    While she may like Manhattan more than SF, is she a thumbs up or down on Manhattan as well?

  6. #26
    Senior Member pdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,753
    I’m also curious to know what percentage of the SF homeless are veterans. Can you ask her?

  7. #27
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,929
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    If California's economy busts, is this good for the rest of the USA? Is this something Americans should root for?
    No but the government of the state seems hell bent on forcing the citizens of the state into excessive taxation to support programs that are abuusive of federal laws and extracting funds from to federal budget to support non citizens of the US. The citizens should revolt and vote out the liberal leadership and take control of the own destiny but they fail to do so year after year. The seem to prefer the control by ultra liberal ideology than controlling their representation of conservative ideals.
    Since Day One

  8. #28
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    62,077
    Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    New Braunfels police take the homeless people the next town over and dump them off like any compassionate place should.
    Lubbock has actually started a Homeless Outreach Team to help assist the homeless. I know this because I donate bikes to them every year to provide the homeless with some form of transportation. It's a great program. Cool story over, bro.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  9. #29
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    62,077
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is her reaction to moving to Texas? While Texas streets are cleaner, is it big-city enough for her?

    While she may like Manhattan more than SF, is she a thumbs up or down on Manhattan as well?
    Have you ever been to Houston?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  10. #30
    Senior Member pdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,753
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    No but the government of the state seems hell bent on forcing the citizens of the state into excessive taxation to support programs that are abuusive of federal laws and extracting funds from to federal budget to support non citizens of the US. The citizens should revolt and vote out the liberal leadership and take control of the own destiny but they fail to do so year after year. The seem to prefer the control by ultra liberal ideology than controlling their representation of conservative ideals.
    Please elaborate on the magnitude of the problem of non-citizens in California. If they magically disappeared and never came back, are we talking about this eliminating, say, 80-90%, 50% or 20% of fiscal problems? How much lower could the excessive taxation be reduced, as well as how many (b)millions would be saved from federal funds?

    Also, is the presence of non-citizens primarily a fiscal concern, or would their elimination also resolve some/most/all concerns of overcrowded/underfunded classrooms, hospital beds, high housing costs and crimes and prisons/police force?

    I guess, in a nutshell, if you magically snap your fingers and change one thing to fix the biggest problem of California, would it be the disappearance of non-citizens, changing liberal leadership (and taxation) but non-citizens still in CA, or something else entirely different?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •