User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: California's economy is now the 5th-biggest in the world, and has overtaken the United Kingdom

Anyway the questions arose as a result of BiPo’s post about how California had such a large economy and I challanged whether they have an economy or a bloated case of bankruptsy in the works and call it an economy.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Well, personally, I obviously prefer low density. I'm not a fan of living in a high density area hence why I live out in the country. Or, are you asking me what I believe to be a high density area that has handled the density well?
    i know you live low density, but you probably agree that you can’t have a multi-million population region consisting of only low density.

So my question is a little bit of a ‘high density area that handled density well’ as well as crafting your own ideal region.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    California has the highest poverty rate in the United States when you figure in cost of living. Not really sure they should be the shinning star for Liberals to hold up. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Anyway the questions arose as a result of BiPo’s post about how California had such a large economy and I challanged whether they have an economy or a bloated case of bankruptsy in the works and call it an economy.
    Probably could say the same thing about the United States when comparing ourselves to other first world nations, no?

~queue Jeff Daniels The Newsroom speech~

When did San Francisco turn into such a huge shithole?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    When did San Francisco turn into such a huge shithole?
    When did anybody care?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    When did anybody care?
    I had to travel there recently, it’s like a 3rd world country. Couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there.

Its always been a crummy city for my taste, but it must have turned to absolute shit in the last 8-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Probably could say the same thing about the United States when comparing ourselves to other first world nations, no?

~queue Jeff Daniels The Newsroom speech~
    Difference being that the US can create as much money as needed to meet the needs. A State is limited to what they can collect. The US is to much in debt and that is a given but it can continue to run on deficits. States can only go so far before they ultimately fail and the debtors are wiped out in bankruptcy.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    i know you live low density, but you probably agree that you can’t have a multi-million population region consisting of only low density.

So my question is a little bit of a ‘high density area that handled density well’ as well as crafting your own ideal region.
    SF is definitely one high density area that is handled well. Dallas is another in terms of mass transit. LA, Houston and San Diego not so much.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

In the grand scheme of things, as an American, what are you more concerned about - California and Californians itself (lifestyle of debauchery, gun control and liberal views) or more concerned how California drags down the United States (fiscally)?

Another way to put it, would you vote California out of the USA? And, if so, would you then essentially no longer be concerned about what California does when it comes to taxes, immigration stances, Medicare, trains, etc?
    I would want the citizens of the state to start electing people that actually have the citizen's best interest in heart. To stop electing people that are more interested in supporting non citizens than themselves. To elect people that actually want the state to be part of this country and behave like it. That's a beautiful state in many areas that is being ruined by politicians that would rather support causes than be fiscally responsible to their citizens.

I'm fine with California leaving the Union. The Democrats will never win another national election and I'm sure we'll have good relationships with them so I can still visit.

11. The following user likes this post: