User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mike White Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    Lawrence and Irving made those rookies' jobs easier
    Those two could be absolute terrors if they can both stay in the field all year long.

I was watching some games from last season and I believe I found a QB White can be compared to...

* Thanks to Roger Goodell, this one will only stream on YouTube.

Even their body type, coming out of college, is virtually identical (White is 2" taller).

Yes/No?

I get what you're saying, but Romo is calling games on the television set.

Dak has something that inspires his teammates, and he's got some amazing talent to work with.
    Yeah people need to stop getting hung up on Romo. Dak isn't Romo. He brings his own unique skills that we have seen can be extremely successful.

I get what you're saying, but Romo is calling games on the television set.

Dak has something that inspires his teammates, and he's got some amazing talent to work with.
    So Dakís unique skill is leaving inspiring little post it notes to fire up the superior talent around him?

Whatever differentiating talent he will end up with, I hope he develops it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    He brings his own unique skills that we have seen can be extremely successful.
    Iíve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

Does the offense require overwhelming talent for Dak to be successful?

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Iíve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

Well' to start:

Mobility (and not just a "running" QB, but a legit running threat )
    Accuracy while on the move
    Poise in the pocket
    Maturity, natural leader
    Good deep ball

After only 2 seasons what more do you expect?

7. The following user likes this post:

I’ve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

You're comparing a 2nd year Prescott under very difficult circumstances to a finished product in Romo.

Romo was still fucking around and throwing away games nearly 10 years into his career, let's not act like he was a year in, year out MVP candidate throughout his career. Part of that was the fault of the team around him but some of it was on him too and I feel like in hindsight people are overemphasizing the good and glossing over the bad. He also had the benefit of not playing until his 4th year in the league, we're still 20+ games away from seeing Prescott at the same point in his career that Romo was when he started his first game.

At any rate, the point I made previously is that people need to reconcile the fact that Prescott may never be as good as Romo with the fact that even if he isn't that doesn't mean he's a guy we can't win with. The attributes PT listed are all valid and make Prescott a guy you can win with, he still has to develop obviously but I'm willing to bet on him.

I’ve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

He has excellent mobility. He reads defenses extremely well. He has elite leadership skills. He throws with very good timing and anticipation. He does a great job of buying time. Is one of the best QB's in the NFL at dealing with the blitz.

He doesn't require overwhelming talent to be successful. He just requires good protection. Something that falls apart at times. But no a past their prime WR and TE don't qualify as "overwhelming" talent. It's why I think he will actually do better this year even without them.

And oh yeah the man is clutch.

He just requires good protection. Something that falls apart at times. But no a past their prime WR and TE don't qualify as "overwhelming" talent. It's why I think he will actually do better this year even without them.
    He had that talent in 2016. In 2017 he had three all-pros playing most of the year on the OL and struggled. That level of talent is an unreasonable expectation.

You have to make up for it somehow, especially as a young player.

Early on

Ben had the size, toughness, and arm.
    Peyton studied like few QBs ever had and was an elite passer
    Brees had quickness and accuracy
    Brady had insane will and late game focus
    Rodgers had everything
    Romo had a quick release and could create plays with his eyes

I love that Dak doesnít rely on his feet to run unless itís to buy time, get a first down, or score.

But thatís not enough of a differentiator. Every NFL starter has poise and can lead when things are going well.

His release is not quick, heís not especially accurate, and he doesnít create plays or setup safeties with his eyes.

Dak reads defenses when he has timeó of course he does. Every NFL caliber QB does when they have Dallas 2016 time.

And oh yeah the man is clutch.
    Not last year he wasnít.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Dak and Romo are two completely different QBs. Comparing the two is dumb. They both have their own set of unique skills. And, my god, Dak has only been here for 2 years, FFS. Pump the bust brakes already.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion