User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: "All Or Nothing" thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member lostxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    The more I am hearing this about Dez just confirms that he was hurting the offense last year. Dak was obviously under pressure from him to get him the ball.
    I think everyone has worked with people like this. Whiners. What's the worst is when they are high performers and you are kind of stuck him them. It's just unpleasant for everyone. They may even be fun to be around when they aren't on a rant. I think the team will be much happier with him gone. Just fucks up the chemistry. To be fair, the injuries to Lee and Smith and the Zeke suspension is what doomed our season. It wasn't Dez. However, when we needed to get more production out of the passing game, he dropped balls, failed to get open and turned the ball over. I just don't see any way we could have kept him. I'm sure going to miss watching him though. Hell of a player when he's on.

  2. #22
    Senior Member lostxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,009
    Damn Chidobe was getting in Dez' face hard. Then Dez absolutely bitch slapped him, beating him vertically and then pushing him down. Nearly got in a fight. LOL. Damn if Dez could just control his emotions...

  3. #23
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,828
    Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I think everyone has worked with people like this. Whiners. What's the worst is when they are high performers and you are kind of stuck him them. It's just unpleasant for everyone. They may even be fun to be around when they aren't on a rant. I think the team will be much happier with him gone. Just fucks up the chemistry. To be fair, the injuries to Lee and Smith and the Zeke suspension is what doomed our season. It wasn't Dez. However, when we needed to get more production out of the passing game, he dropped balls, failed to get open and turned the ball over. I just don't see any way we could have kept him. I'm sure going to miss watching him though. Hell of a player when he's on.
    WR's seem to be the worst in terms of being divas. I guess it's the nature of the position or something. Which may be why offenses that don't have a diva WR seem to operate best sometimes. The offense then is ran by the offensive coordinator as opposed a WR and QB trying to do things on their own.

  4. #24
    Senior Member lostxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    WR's seem to be the worst in terms of being divas. I guess it's the nature of the position or something. Which may be why offenses that don't have a diva WR seem to operate best sometimes. The offense then is ran by the offensive coordinator as opposed a WR and QB trying to do things on their own.
    No doubt. Receivers are the most dependent players on the team. If the line isn't doing it's job, if the quarterback isn't doing his and if the defense decides to shut you down - you're just out there running routes for nothing. People wonder what's wrong with you but it really isn't your fault. That situation of being held responsible despite things not really being fully in your control makes for people who are easily frustrated. Also, you have to be a little crazy to be willing to catch balls when a 200 lb safety who runs a 4.5 is about to put the crown of his helmet in your ribs.

  5. #25
    Senior Member lostxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,009
    Just finished the series. Enjoyed it. They ran a lot about the Highland Park Scotts. My wife used to teach at HP and I even saw one of their games at Texas Stadium when Matthew Stafford won state as I recall. The success the Jones grandson has stood in stark contrast to the failures of the Cowboys. Must have been kind of weird the day after John Stephen Jones brought his team back from 10 points down with 3 minutes to go that the Cowboys literally handed the win, and ended the season, to a punchless Seattle team.

    Ah well, now the long march to August...

  6. #26
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    50,520
    Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Damn Chidobe was getting in Dez' face hard. Then Dez absolutely bitch slapped him, beating him vertically and then pushing him down. Nearly got in a fight. LOL. Damn if Dez could just control his emotions...
    It is not just his emotions.

    He has effort and maturity issues still. He never turned the corner where great WRs go from phenom to technician. He was pretty much a physical player that once the edge was lost and there is not a guy like Romo to throw it to a precise point, he can't play.

  7. #27
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    50,520
    I am on the "Jaylon Smith" episode.

    I hate to say it, but I was not impressed. This was right about the time where they limited his snaps.

    Yet if you watch this, you think Smith had a killer game.

    Rivers picked apart this defense in the second half.

    That was a repetitive pattern. Hold the opponent down and they blew us out in the second half.

  8. #28
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    50,520
    The Jourdan Lewis/Bryant sequence showed you why he was released.

    He is not a professional.

  9. #29
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,042
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Rivers picked apart this defense in the second half.
    Now that guy can throw an accurate back shoulder pass. No one pressured him and he had no respect for our “shadow but don’t ever turn your head” DBs

  10. #30
    Senior Member P_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I am on the "Jaylon Smith" episode.

    I hate to say it, but I was not impressed. This was right about the time where they limited his snaps.

    Yet if you watch this, you think Smith had a killer game.

    Rivers picked apart this defense in the second half.

    That was a repetitive pattern. Hold the opponent down and they blew us out in the second half.
    Meh... it's all about editing. That was a feel-good piece about Jaylon. Isn't that true about all "reality" shows? They sure got their money's worth with Dez too.

  11. The following user likes this post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •