Awkward ... Cowboys QB Dak Prescott gets annihilated by retired David Carr in passing competition

lostxn

DCC 4Life
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/02/06/awkward-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-gets-annihilated-retired-david-carr-passing-competition?f=r

It appears that Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is in prime offseason form right now.

NFL Network video recently getting shared around shows Prescott putting up a bit of an embarrassing showing in a passing target competition against former NFL quarterback David Carr (not to be confused with his brother Derek, who's the Raiders QB). David Carr hasn't seen NFL action since 2012.

Prescott appears to go scoreless in the competition until his final throw, though he and the host at times claim he skimmed a target or two.

Maybe Dak just needed to warm up a little before the competition started. ... Yeah. That's the story we'll go with here.

Looking back on the 2017 season, most will say Dak Prescott suffered a sophomore slump. A year after winning NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, the Cowboys quarterback saw his stats decline.

"There were ups and downs," Prescott said after the Cowboys' season finale. "I think I played some of my best ball of my career this year and obviously some of my worst ball of my career this year. You can call it what you want. I learned from it. I'm going to call it a growing year. It's still a winning season for us. We're 9-7. We're going to grow off of that and keep moving forward."

In 2017, he finished with 22 touchdown passes, 3,324 yards and 13 interceptions.

He had 12 games with at least 200 passing yards in 2016. He finished with eight in 2017.

Asked what he learned the most in his second year, Prescott responded: "It's a tough league."

"This year, the ups, the downs, the different aspects you could say, the hits the team took from outside sources, from suspensions, from everything," he added. "It was a tough year. But I learned a lot from it."

Follow the link and watch the video. Cringe worth. Not that Carr is a slub. He had a fantastic arm and still does, apparently.

vince

Not So New Member
I posted about this somewhere else. I don't know if I should be impressed by Carr's accuracy or Dak's inaccuracy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah who gives a shit. Some sort of a kid game is how you're going to rate your QB. This thread is flush worthy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Prescott let the pressure get to him this past season and didn’t handle it well. Until he is able to learn how to cope with the pressure he will continue with the yips. It’s not unusual for a rookie to play above their heads then to follow up with mixed results when they think about the situation too much or try too hard.

When he learns to get past trying to make things happen and learns how to take the game as a job he will do better. Right now he probably thinks he is supposed to be the game winner but in reality he is the team foreman and he is to use team personnel create the win. That’s a hard lesson for a young Quarterback.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Aikman got destroyed at these things all the time.

His three rings laugh at Randall Cunningham and Dan Marino.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Aikman got destroyed at these things all the time.

His three rings laugh at Randall Cunningham and Dan Marino.
His three rings are primarily due to teammates who could do their jobs. He stayed within his strengths which was to deliver a passing game to keep the running game effective. He couldn’t deliver a Cunningham or Marino performance but he really didn’t have to. His teamates keep the wheels on the bus.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
His three rings are primarily due to teammates who could do their jobs. He stayed within his strengths which was to deliver a passing game to keep the running game effective. He couldn’t deliver a Cunningham or Marino performance but he really didn’t have to. His teamates keep the wheels on the bus.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Do you think Aikman could scramble like Cunningham? Do you think Aikman could survive trying to throw as many passes as Marino. Ravi is right. Aikman’s game was keeping the defenses honest with a balanced attack.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Do you think Aikman could scramble like Cunningham? Do you think Aikman could survive trying to throw as many passes as Marino. Ravi is right. Aikman’s game was keeping the defenses honest with a balanced attack.
Just because he didnt have to doesnt mean he couldnt. He didnt have the legs but he could win and carry teams with his arm. I dont have a doubt about that at all.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
All I'm going to say is it's a good thing you won't be at the DCC convention spouting this heresy

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Aikman couldn't deliver a Cunningham performance? WTF?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
QB competition, I remember Randall throwing 77 yards in the air. Made it look easy. Aikman threw a paltry by comparison 58 yards.

You could see Troy just happy to be there hanging with those guys with a lip full of chew. WGAS that Randall was a freak and Marino eventually won the competition with a crazy quick release.

Troy produced his best performances when it mattered most. Those contests didn’t actually measure QBing ability.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Aikman couldn't deliver a Cunningham performance? WTF?
I think I explained. Aikman couldn’t scramble around like Cunningham. You guys are getting all bent out of shape over nothing. Ravi pointed out that with all that Cunningham and Marino did at the Quarterback position it didn’t get them a SB ring. Aikman didn’t have their style game. He used his team mates to help do the heavy lifting and that was in reference to me saying this is the lesson Prescott will need to learn if he is to develope further. Read the things in their context.

midswat

... soon
Nothing a little coaching by Kellen Moore can’t fix.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nothing a little coaching by Kellen Moore can’t fix.
Dak has the legs to take his game to another level and yes he needs some coaching as well as different mindset about behind the team foreman. Here's hoping Moore can effectively convey this approach.

Top Bottom