Hill: Jerry Jones is losing a lot of sleep over Philadelphia Eagles’ power surge

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry Jones is losing a lot of sleep over Philadelphia Eagles’ power surge
By Clarence E. Hill Jr.
chill@star-telegram.com

February 06, 2018 10:42 AM
Updated 1 hour 24 minutes ago
MINNEAPOLIS

One day before the Super Bowl, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he was screaming into this pillow at night because the NFC East rivals Philadelphia Eagles were playing in the game and his team was at home.

“The muffled voice you have been hearing is me screaming in my pillow over not being here and seeing Philadelphia,” Jones said at the NFL Honors on Saturday night.

That pillow might have bite marks now that the Eagles have won their first-ever title with a 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.

Jones said he is not happy and not satisfied with a Cowboys franchise that has not reached the Super Bowl since 1995.

He also balked at any notion that he is growing comfortable and acceptable with falling short as he has gotten older, which has been pointed out as a reason for not making any major coaching changes.

“Did I look comfortable this year around the NFL?” Jones responded rhetorically in referencing his yearlong fight with commissioner Roger Goodell over his contract, the suspension of running back Ezekiel Elliott and the anthem protests. “I’m just as uncomfortable about this. I really do naturally look to change. I really do look to change.”

Jones said he didn’t make any changes at the top of the coaching staff with head coach Jason Garrett, offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli because he wanted to keep some continuity.

But he is looking to get fresh ideas and fresh thoughts from the host of changes the team has made with position coaches.

The Cowboys have added Kellen Moore as quarterbacks coach, Kris Richard as the secondary coach, Sanjay Lal as receivers coach, Paul Alexander as offensive line coach, Ben Bloom as linebackers coach and Keith O’Quinn as special teams coordinator.

The Cowboys are still looking for a tight ends coach. The team recently interviewed Jason Michael, the Tennessee Titans quarterback coach in 2017, who formerly coached tight ends with the San Diego Chargers. But he turned them down, according to a source.

But Jones said he believes the Cowboys have accomplished their goal with change on the coaching staff, even though Moore, Bloom and O’Quinn are first-time position coaches and were promotions from within.

“The intent was to do as much as we could from within,” Jones said. “We wanted to have a lot of change, but keep the consistency with the coordinators. We are finishing up like we designed it from my perspective.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It’s all nothing but his standard rhetoric bullshit. He wants some rollover with “fresh ideas” but 3 of the coaching hires were internal hires. Yeah, okay.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:jerk

vince

Not So New Member
It’s all nothing but his standard rhetoric bullshit. He wants some rollover with “fresh ideas” but 3 of the coaching hires were internal hires. Yeah, okay.
Questionable ones at that.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
What a piece of shit. Fuck that old bastard.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That pillow might have bite marks now that the Eagles have won their first-ever title with a 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.
Definite Jerral bite marks while Lurie took him from behind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is really worse than just him being deceiving.

He flat out said it. He wanted change, but not at the expense of Garrett and the coordinators. And it worked out exactly like he wanted.

This was his design. And I hope it blows up in his fucking face.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This was his design. And I hope it blows up in his fucking face.
Its setting up for just such an outcome. Im sorry, I think Garrett and Linehan got a big bag of the same shit theyve been shoveling down our throats for 7 years. I cant see some sudden inspiration coming from these low level "changes".

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Same old tired Jerrah BS. Evidently he thinks fans are stupid enough not to see through the crap that has come out of his mouth every offseason after yet another failure for the last 20+ years. He's always got an excuse, always acts like it bothers him so much to see a rival team having success. I've said it before, I'll say it again: As long as the $$ is rolling in through merchandise or ticket sales and Dallas gets publicity, good or bad, he's good with being "in the hunt" because it justifies his decisions. One player away, one coach away for over twenty years.

That old bastard isn't losing any sleep though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Its setting up for just such an outcome. Im sorry, I think Garrett and Linehan got a big bag of the same shit theyve been shoveling down our throats for 7 years. I cant see some sudden inspiration coming from these low level "changes".
Think about it in the real world.

CEO claims he gives a shit about change, swears he wants fresh new ideas and his answer is to keep all the executives and hire a bunch of junior subordinates to implement the process.

It is patently retarded.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He doesn't really want change, obviously. That's a pure lie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He doesn't really want change, obviously. That's a pure lie.
It is just like how he screams into pillows and would pay anything to win again.

There is always an *.

* - on his terms

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know about you guys but I really feel confident in Jerry this time, he really seems ready to get down to brass tacks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't know about you guys but I really feel confident in Jerry this time, he really seems ready to get down to brass tacks.
:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
Me too. All the substantive changes we've already made have me brimming with enthusiasm for the upcoming season! Super bowl, baby!

Top Bottom