2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. WGAS what label he’s tagged with right now? The only one I’m interested in is ‘Ex-Cowboys HC’.
That day cant come soon enough.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was begging him to go for it on 4th down, IIRC.
And he was smooth. He paused for a second and said fuck it, do it.

When you show that kind of faith in a player, it helps. This was him trusting his second string QB, mind you.

It beats blinking a few times, pulling the mic from your face, spitting, clapping a little, calling a time out and sending in Dan Bailey.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I already said I may be remembering wrong. And I'm not nearly interested enough to go find out.
I don’t think you are remembering wrong. Foles was a joke at that time. A one year wonder. He wasn’t even starting material for other teams.

Also, that year, nobody really expected anything out of this team so they wanted to see what they had with Dak who had already impressed in preseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have had NFLN on as background noise all day and goddamn if they are not wearing out that fucking Dirty Dancing Eli/Beckham display of faggotry commercial.

data

Forbes #1
Anyone encounter jackassery from Eagles fans yet? At least notice a proliferation of ppl wearing Eagles merchandise?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Anyone encounter jackassery from Eagles fans yet? At least notice a proliferation of ppl wearing Eagles merchandise?
I've only seen 1 person wearing Eagles gear down here since. Even though I'm in Texas I'm also close to Ft Hood so I see a lot of different fans of other teams. Well more than most anybody else down here.

data

Forbes #1
I've only seen 1 person wearing Eagles gear down here since. Even though I'm in Texas I'm also close to Ft Hood so I see a lot of different fans of other teams. Well more than most anybody else down here.
googling ‘Eagles merchandise sales’ and espn reports that this is the highest post-Super bowl and post Championship Game round sales of all-time.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I don't think any of those indictments are actually arrogance. Pick a different word, call it a different kind of weakness. I don't really see it as arrogance though.

It's less arrogance and more willful blindness and stubbornness. In combat units they have a saying: "The plan changes the second the first round goes down range."

That's where Garrett falls short. He's so invested in his process -- on a macro and micro level -- that he can't adapt to changing circumstances, in the middle of a game, or in response to a key injury or a suspension.

That's what keeps him from adapting when Chaz Green is getting eaten alive by a DE. That's what causes him to stick to a plan involving throws to Dez Bryant when it becomes obvious that Dez can't get it done.

Garrett is rigid and unimaginative. He believes cheer-leading, stock phrases and aphorisms are substitutes for genuine leadership and discipline.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I have had NFLN on as background noise all day and goddamn if they are not wearing out that fucking Dirty Dancing Eli/Beckham display of faggotry commercial.

NFLN is almost unwatchable. Last time I looked they had two guys playing Madden video football against each other. Great content.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's less arrogance and more willful blindness and stubbornness. In combat units they have a saying: "The plan changes the second the first round goes down range."

That's where Garrett falls short. He's so invested in his process -- on a macro and micro level -- that he can't adapt to changing circumstances, in the middle of a game, or in response to a key injury or a suspension.

That's what keeps him from adapting when Chaz Green is getting eaten alive by a DE. That's what causes him to stick to a plan involving throws to Dez Bryant when it becomes obvious that Dez can't get it done.

Garrett is rigid and unimaginative. He believes cheer-leading, stock phrases and aphorisms are substitutes for genuine leadership and discipline.
Pretty much nails it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFLN is almost unwatchable. Last time I looked they had two guys playing Madden video football against each other. Great content.
It amazes me they have decades of real football games they could show. Instead, they have entire days committed to Top Ten Lists and Football Follies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
In the past few years they've released some full, classic games on their YouTube channel. Better than nothing, I guess.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He doesn't have any genuine leadership talent and he's too concerned with being liked to discipline anyone, so the cheerleading and cliches are all he has.

Also, yes, NFLN does suck 90% of the time. Like booze said, show actual old games, not the idiocracy-style talk shows.

Cotton

Staff member
In the past few years they've released some full, classic games on their YouTube channel. Better than nothing, I guess.
You a thread for some of these games would be cool? Just a random Youtube thread for old games?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You a thread for some of these games would be cool? Just a random Youtube thread for old games?
I suppose, but you gotta remember that they don't let you embed and watch their vids on sites like this. They make you watch at YT. :-(

Cotton

Staff member
I suppose, but you gotta remember that they don't let you embed and watch their vids on sites like this. They make you watch at YT. :-(
Yeah, but it will embed the video window and then one more click takes you to he video on YouTube. Since you are the master at finding these videos I will let this thread be your baby. Others I’m sure will contribute, as well. Make it so. Put it in the Around the League forum and I’ll sticky it.

Last edited:

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It amazes me they have decades of real football games they could show. Instead, they have entire days committed to Top Ten Lists and Football Follies.

If they're going after the all-important 18 – 39 demographic, which they are, the John Facenda voice-over and "frozen tundra" genre are relics. Now you need the short-attention-span-incessant-stimulation mixture of brainless chicks in tight, short skirts — plus the moment-to-moment interactive Twitter polling and ex NFL'ers standing around engaging with the brainless chick in a tight, short skirt.

Great if you're a brainless 20-year-old drinking beer with your buds, none of whom have ever come within 10 miles of a chick like the one with the short skirt and great body on NFL Network.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
googling ‘Eagles merchandise sales’ and espn reports that this is the highest post-Super bowl and post Championship Game round sales of all-time.
When was the last time a major city won the Superbowl for the very first time?

data

Forbes #1
If they're going after the all-important 18 – 39 demographic, which they are, the John Facenda voice-over and "frozen tundra" genre are relics. Now you need the short-attention-span-incessant-stimulation mixture of brainless chicks in tight, short skirts — plus the moment-to-moment interactive Twitter polling and ex NFL'ers standing around engaging with the brainless chick in a tight, short skirt.

Great if you're a brainless 20-year-old drinking beer with your buds, none of whom have ever come within 10 miles of a chick like the one with the short skirt and great body on NFL Network.
So you agree with NFLN’s content then. Video games, ADHD Top 10 lists and chicks in short skirts.

Top Bottom