User Tag List

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    LT, VA, Doomsday, myself and several others in the mid-90’s posted on the Austin360 site in an obscure page called “You make the call”. That was just a single thread.

For some reason it showed up on Cowboys internet searches at the time.

Then most of us went over to Mazevo.

I missed the whole Hutchinshlong drama until I realized a bunch of regulars were suddenly gone, did a search on “boozeman” and found the DCC.
    That Austin360 forum goes back with me to the mid 90s. There was also a CalCB fan who moved back to Texas and joined the SKB site but disappeared. Then there was ColoradoCowboy later modified to CoCo but he also disappeared.

As I recall some idiot decided to blitz the site and did this two or three times and the site was dropped from the publication. I think the culprit was Diego but that was just a hunch.
    Since Day One

I was browsing DMN articles back in 2002 when a kind gentleman offered me membership to his site, thecowboys.net.

He didn't seem TooHostile, but it was his screen name. After I heard the story the first time, I could tell he was a major douche.

But thecowboys.net gave me an opportunity that I'd never had. Having lived in Illinois and Georgia, I was never able to interact with other Dallas fans minus the occassional ^5 in the mall.

It took a little while to get going there and feel out who was cool, but it seemed like there was always some hot topics going on...this was around the time Parcells came on board so it was pretty crazy.

They used to give you avatars based on your post count, and by the time I'd hit 1,000 posts and was eligible to pick my own avatar, the group of folks who I enjoyed chatting with left the site.

The thing that sticks out the most from my time there was the ROY!!!! BOOM video. Anytime I hear that song it reminds me of the old board.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    I was browsing DMN articles back in 2002 when a kind gentleman offered me membership to his site, thecowboys.net.

He didn't seem TooHostile, but it was his screen name. After I heard the story the first time, I could tell he was a major douche.

But thecowboys.net gave me an opportunity that I'd never had. Having lived in Illinois and Georgia, I was never able to interact with other Dallas fans minus the occassional ^5 in the mall.

It took a little while to get going there and feel out who was cool, but it seemed like there was always some hot topics going on...this was around the time Parcells came on board so it was pretty crazy.

They used to give you avatars based on your post count, and by the time I'd hit 1,000 posts and was eligible to pick my own avatar, the group of folks who I enjoyed chatting with left the site.

The thing that sticks out the most from my time there was the ROY!!!! BOOM video. Anytime I hear that song it reminds me of the old board.
    Can you post said video? I'm not sure I have ever seen it.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Can you post said video? I'm not sure I have ever seen it.
    I think I have it on a computer somewhere. I don't see it on Youtube.

Here comes the BOOOOOOOOM!

I've seen some bootleg Roy boom videos, but they're not the same as the original.

Things were really looking up back then.

I love it. The Witten thread becomes a stroll down message board memory lane.
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

SBK has a lot of football knowledge he just went on rants where he was insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by shoop View Post
    SBK has a lot of football knowledge he just went on rants where he was insufferable.
    He was rude beligerent and went out of his way to belittle people. In short an insufferable jerk.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    He was rude beligerent and went out of his way to belittle people. In short an insufferable jerk.
    Gee that never happens anymore around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Gee that never happens anymore around here.
    Not to the same extent it doesn't. He was on a different level. On the whole this board has settled down now and I don't see that stuff nearly as much.
    #Fire Garrett