User Tag List

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

I recall after Witten’s first season and I made the statement that he had the potential to be better than Novecek. You would have thought I set a house on fire. There were a few members around then from that group but not very many.
    Since Day One

I recall after Witten’s first season and I made the statement that he had the potential to be better than Novecek. You would have thought I set a house on fire. There were a few members around then from that group but not very many.

Doesn’t seem that long ago.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I'll say this, I'm a big fan of some of the potential that Schultz and Wells have.

Lord knows what goes on in Gathers head, if he wants it he will be a great player for us, but at the very least I feel confident that we have a stable group of number 2's who will be very good blockers in the 2 rookies along with Swaim and/or Jarwin.

We'll be looking for that explosive downfield element at TE come next offseason but I like the depth we have there right now.
    Yeah this is Gathers shot at this thing. He has the ability to be an explosive TE. But he's going to have to work his ass off for that job. If he falters this year I expect an athletic TE to be near the top of my wish list next year. I'd love to see Gathers become what we all saw in preseason last year as a receiver. But there is also something about the guy I don't trust.

This is the Rico I want to see next year, minus the dumb ass fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah this is Gathers shot at this thing. He has the ability to be an explosive TE. But he's going to have to work his ass off for that job. If he falters this year I expect an athletic TE to be near the top of my wish list next year. I'd love to see Gathers become what we all saw in preseason last year as a receiver. But there is also something about the guy I don't trust.

He is not the RKG. Also, didn't he make some idiotic statement during a preseason game last year about being the best TE?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Fitting that we are having this discussion in the Witten thread, considering this board was born the year after he was drafted.
    The year I joined. 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

The fumble was Noah Brown.

I think we're in good shape.

I love his friggin empty ass room with his computer and setup and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    The fumble was Noah Brown.
    Oh well even better. Couldn't really see the number on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I love his friggin empty ass room with his computer and setup and nothing else.
    I feel like my house was sort of like that until I found a woman...

All electronics and leather coaches.

11. The following user likes this post: