Eagles Stuff...

midswat

... soon
IMO the only way we lose is if the bye week ruined our momentum.

I mean, the Eagles looked pretty damned good going into their bye - including a ridiculously impressive mopping of the Steelers. And they've looked mediocre since, including a loss to the Lions (IIRC). Last weeks Minnesotas win isn't that impressive because Minny is playing above their heads with all their injuries and tragic QB situation.

Only other way we lose is if there is something real to our home/prime time game "jinx."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I mean, the Eagles looked pretty damned good going into their bye - including a ridiculously impressive mopping of the Steelers. And they've looked mediocre since, including a loss to the Lions (IIRC). Last weeks Minnesotas win isn't that impressive because Minny is playing above their heads with all their injuries and tragic QB situation.

Only other way we lose is if there is something real to our home/prime time game "jinx."
Yes, loss to the Lions and Redskins. I'm not scared of them this year, and think we will be fine. Which means I will probably have my heart ripped out Sunday night.

midswat

... soon
Yes, loss to the Lions and Redskins. I'm not scared of them this year, and think we will be fine. Which means I will probably have my heart ripped out Sunday night.
To be fair, we should've lost to the Redskins by double digits had Cousins not overthrown wide open receivers who got behind our defense at least twice.

And still almost won if not for that generational Barry Church interception in the end zone.

Point is, a mediocre Redskins team with bad QB play almost beat us.

So it is a concern of mine that maybe that come from behind win, coupled with how we somehow fell behind 14 to a terrible 49'ers team and won... if those two wins somehow gave this team a sense of invinceability/momentum which might've been lost during the bye.

Part of me thinks we can beat the Eagles by two scores based on how we were playing going into the bye. If the break has us come out like we did to start the season, it could go the other way. Time will tell.

Cotton

Staff member
Figured this was a fitting time to drop this off at the ole DCC...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Eagles fans are just cretinous troglodytes and it never ceases to amaze me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is where the NFL screws up. Lots of flags and officiating makes for a bad game to watch.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is where the NFL screws up. Lots of flags and officiating makes for a bad game to watch.
It's horrible. They have to do something to rein that in.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's horrible. They have to do something to rein that in.
It literally makes some games unwatchable. Obviously you have to officiate games but some of these officials feel like if they aren't throwing flags they aren't doing their jobs. And it leads to a bunch of penalties when it doesn't look like any infraction was committed. I'm certainly not looking forward to the officiating crew who leads the league in doing this more then likely. I sure as shit don't want the officials deciding the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Those are fair points, but I don't think the bye impeded the Eagles' progress as much as their limitations as an offense finally getting figured out.

The Eagles weren't expected to be very good this year, and the biggest reason for that is a very limited offense with no players that scare you.

They have no receivers, a decent TE, and a decent RB when the line can create space for him. And for as good as Wentz has been, he is a rookie QB when it's all said and done so seeing the Eagles offense struggle in recent weeks is of no surprise really.

It's logical that they would have the offensive struggles that they've had.

As long as we don't play a sloppy game and turn the ball over a bunch of times like we did in 2014 when we lost to the Colt McCoy led Redskins, we should win this game by 10 points.

Cotton

Staff member
COWBOYS VS EAGLES: 5 BOLD PREDICTIONS

By RJ Ochoa - October 28, 2016

I love the National Anthem at football games. Absolutely love it.

One of my favorite things to do when I’ve got a case of writer’s block is to stumble down a YouTube rabbit hole of my all-time favorite renditions of this glorious song (The best version ever is Beyonce’s Super Bowl XXXVIII one).

My love for this song and how it relates to the NFL was born on Christmas Day 2006 (a day in which I learned that anything can happen). Let me set the stage for you.

My Dad and I were attending a Christmas Day game between the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles at the storied Texas Stadium. We were at our seats and stood when the PA announcer said a few Cowboys Cheerleaders were going to sing the anthem.

My Dad and I shortly before I rocked Texas Stadium with my National Anthem roar.

I stood there, hand over my heart, and took it all in. This was the first Dallas Cowboys game that I’d ever attended in person, and it was all so beautiful. The atmosphere was unlike anything I’d ever witnessed. The way the sun peeked in through the iconic hole in the roof and kissed the sidelines was like a painting. Needless to say, my emotions were running high.

The energy in my body simply could not be contained any longer. I had to get it out. My body was like a soda can when you shake it… and I was about to crack it open.

This particular crowd was hushed over and enjoying the National Anthem, so it was shockingly quiet. The only sound in the whole stadium was the collective voice of the Cheerleaders singing. Suddenly the Cheerleaders hit the line, “O’er the Land of the Free…” and held that note. When they did, I erupted.

“YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!”

It was like I dropped a lit match into a Texas Stadium-sized tub of gasoline. My roar ignited the crowd and we cheered in unison as “…and the home of the Brave!” came out to finish it.

My roar was so spontaneous and so bold that my Dad actually jumped. Sometimes that happens with boldness. It’s unexpected, unplanned, and one tiny bit of it can cause a fire.

The Cowboys are that fire. This is that tiny bit. Welcome to my 5 Bold Predictions. Let’s roll.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Jason Witten Has His Best Game Of The Season

One of the greatest moments of Jason Witten’s career against the Eagles came on this 53-yard reception in Philadelphia during the 2007 season.
When ‘ol number 82 trots out as the starting tight end for the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football, he’ll be setting a Franchise Record.

Jason Witten is making his 204th start for the Cowboys on Sunday, which will be the most by anyone to ever wear the Star. Witten is currently tied for first with Ed “Too Tall” Jones with 203 starts, so it just feels like destiny that this would be his night.

Witten has played 25 games against the Eagles in his career. In that time he’s caught 146 passes for 1,592 yards and 7 touchdowns. In 2015’s two contests against Philly, Jason caught 13 passes for 99 yards.

This is a squad Jason Witten has dominated year in and year out. On this night – his night – he’ll do it again.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

The Cowboys Defense Will Recover An Intended Lateral That’s Ruled A Fumble

This is oddly specific, BUT THAT’S HOW WE ROLL WITH BOLD PREDICTIONS.

Look, weird things happen in division rivalries. Eagles Quarterback Carson Wentz is being exposed to the bright lights that the Dallas Cowboys bring for the first time, and that’s likely going to overwhelm his North Dakota roots.

Wentz, who has thrown literally three times as many career interceptions as Dak Prescott, is going to try and hit a screen pass in this game… I can smell it. It’s going to fall short and whatever receiver it is is going to just assume it’s incomplete, but Byron Jones is going to wisely snatch it up and score a possession for the Cowboys. Boo-ya.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Lucky Whitehead Will Catch Two Passes

Guess how many career catches Lucky Whitehead has. Go ahead, guess.

The answer is one. Lucky Whitehead has caught a pass in an NFL regular season game only one time in the history of the world, and it happened the last time the Cowboys played (at Lambeau Field). I’m here proclaiming he’s going to double that number!

Lucky is becoming a favorite toy of Offensive Coordinator Scott Linehan (who is welcoming an old friend to town on Sunday). The 26 yards Whitehead picked up on a third down jet sweep at the end of the Packers game served as the catalyst for why Dallas won that game.

Linehan is going to get Lucky involved this game. Two beautiful passes are going to soar out of Dak Prescott‘s hand into Lucky Whitehead’s ever-waiting palms.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

The Cowboys Defense Won’t Allow A Single Touchdown From The Eagles Offense

The Eagles have scored four touchdowns in their last two games (at Washington and against Minnesota):

2 were kickoff returns.
1 was an interception return.
1 was a passing touchdown.

This team is predicated on its defense and special teams carrying it, the offense is the weakest link. That’s a horrible recipe for success to have when you’re facing the Dallas Cowboys who are going to dominate the time of possession.

The Philly Offense is going to be on the field sparingly, and when they are Rod Marinelli’s group is going to make sure it’s always in a failed attempt to score.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Cole Beasley Will Have More Than Twice As Many Yards Than The Top Eagles Wide Receiver Does

There’s a lot pomp and circumstance concerning the Dallas Cowboys Wide Receivers this week, and there should be. It’s very likely that Dez Bryant will play for the first time since the last time the Cowboys were on Sunday Night Football, a Week 3 contest against the Chicago Bears.

No disrespect to Mr. Throw Up The X, but through six games the best receiver on the Dallas Cowboys is Cole Beasley. The Saucemaster has been on all kinds of fire this season, and as quarterback Dak Prescott’s favorite weapon that is only going to continue in this game against the Eagles.

The Cowboys Defense is going to do a great job of limiting the Eagles playmakers throughout the contest, and Cole is going to do an even better job of doubling them up in the yardage department.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-headlines/cowboys-vs-eagles-5-bold-predictions/?utm_campaign=InsideTheStarShare&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Cotton

Staff member
That was an obnoxious article.
And, yet, there are a few of those things that might actually happen. Oh, and it wouldn't exactly be a bold prediction if it wasn't a tad obnoxious.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys cornerbacks at full strength for first time since opener
2:22 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – For the first time since the season opener, the Dallas Cowboys will have their top three cornerbacks at full strength with Orlando Scandrick returning after a month-long absence with hamstring strains and Morris Claiborne back from a concussion.

Scandrick is listed as questionable, but he said he is ready to go. Claiborne, who was knocked out of the Green Bay Packers game on a hit by linebacker Sean Lee, went through three full practices during the week and is also listed as questionable. Last week’s bye helped Claiborne return to full strength. He said he was cleared fully last Friday and did not have any aftereffects from the Packers game.

“Ready to roll,” Claiborne said

Claiborne, who is off to the best start of his career, has yet to play a full season after missing games due to a concussion, hamstring, knee and ankle injuries in his first four seasons,

“I feel like whatever happens, it happens, just get back up, take it for what it’s worth and learn from it and go,” Claiborne said. ‘When that happened, I didn’t have any bitter feelings. Nothing like that. I didn’t worry about anything. All I worried about was coming back, getting back on the field. I pretty much knew it was done from that game. I knew we had the bye week and then another week to get ready.”

Scandrick suffered a hamstring strain in the season opener against New York Giants and then aggravated the other leg later. He was able to get through three days of practice without any issues, but defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said Scandrick could be on a bit of a pitch count,

“Again, first time getting in for a whole, pads, full speed, tackling, all those things,” Marinelli said. "We’ve got to get these guys in a groove.”

Cotton

Staff member
Bennie Logan has officially been ruled out.

Top Bottom