Eagles Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Now that Ron Brooks is out Malcolm Jenkins is likely going to be their slot CB, lol @ the Eagles doubling Beasley with both of their safeties, leaving Dez and even Williams singled up against dunces like Leodis McKelvin and Nolan Carroll.

Those dudes would get roasted 8 ways from Sunday if singled up all game against our WR's.

And then of course Witten would have the entire middle of the field to roam with both safeties focused on Beasley.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The optimism is way high around these parts.

Starting to have a bad feeling about this games.:skurred

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You go to Dez in single coverage. Its really pretty simple and Dak knows that.
Yup.

The 49ers could afford to do that since Dez wasn't there, but he will be Sunday.

I sure hope they focus that much attention to Beasely with Dez out there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The optimism is way high around these parts.

Starting to have a bad feeling about this games.:skurred
It's possible that we find a way to beat ourselves with mistakes and turnovers but if we play relatively well we should win. You never know what will happen in any given game but I think we'd beat the Eagles 6 or 7 times out of 10.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yup.

The 49ers could afford to do that since Dez wasn't there, but he will be Sunday.

I sure hope they focus that much attention to Beasely with Dez out there.
The Butler TD at the end of the 1st half against the Niners happened in large part because their secondary was so focused on Beasley, so even without Dez they were still paying for focusing so much on him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's possible that we find a way to beat ourselves with mistakes and turnovers but if we play relatively well we should win. You never know what will happen in any given game but I think we'd beat the Eagles 6 or 7 times out of 10.
I am still waiting on Dak to have a true stinker and Philly does have a very good defense.

Plus the cheese is being served in abundance.

If they do win this game convincingly, I think this team truly has a very high ceiling.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am still waiting on Dak to have a true stinker and Philly does have a very good defense.

Plus the cheese is being served in abundance.

If they do win this game convincingly, I think this team truly has a very high ceiling.
Under Romo we have all become accustomed to the team playing great when expectations where low and playing like crap when expectations are high.

My hope is things are just different with Dak.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hopefully yes but I think this team is playing a little over there heads right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully yes but I think this team is playing a little over there heads right now.
I don't agree with that. But I think we are probably due for a game that is a dog fight. We have blown a couple of teams out in a row. The 49ers game we came out of the gate slow but it wasn't really a dog fight in the end. I mean the last real back and fourth game was probably the Redskins. I sort of expect the Eagles to at least give us that type of fight. There is no question Dallas is on some type of a roll right now. To me I reserve the term "playing over their head" for teams that are getting lucky. I don't see Dallas as that type of team.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dallas is playing to its talent level and not screwing things up.

The coaches are actually coaching. I'd like to see more Alfred Morris and McFadden, too, but Zeke's in no danger of burning out yet.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We get wiped out this game.

Philly 31

Dallas 17
I don't see this but I do see a real fight. Dallas will win going away or they will hang on for dear life in a barn burner. The only way the Eagles dominate is if Prescott is knocked out of the game. Sad to say a solid backup isn't in place.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Dallas has lost 3 straight at home vs the Eagles. I am worried about this game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
How are the Eagles going to stop Ezekiel Elliott?
By Reuben Frank | CSNPhilly.com October 27, 2016 10:10 AM

They couldn’t stop Matt Jones. How are they going to stop Ezekiel Elliott?

The Eagles, who allowed the lightly regarded Redskins running back to ramble for a career-high 135 rushing yards on just 16 carries two weeks ago, now have to contend with the NFL rushing leader.

Elliott, the fourth pick out of Ohio State in this year’s draft, has 708 rushing yards, second only to Eric Dickerson (787 in 1983) by an NFL player in his first six games.

Elliott’s been over 130 rushing yards in his last four games, which makes him one of only 11 players in NFL history with four straight 130-yard rushing games. He's also the first in six years with 150 yards from scrimmage in four straight games.

Unstoppable.

Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins watched Elliott’s entire college career, since both are Ohio State graduates, and he lavished some pretty heavy praise on the 21-year-old running back.

“I don’t know what you can name that he doesn’t do well,” Jenkins said.

“He’s a back that has great vision (and) patience, he has the speed to be a home-run hitter, he’s got the physicality to run through arm tackles and finish runs. There’s not much he can’t do.”

Elliott already has 17 runs of 10 yards or more, including seven of at least 20 yards. He’s averaging 5.1 yards per carry.

The Cowboys, 5-1 with a five-game winning streak, are third in the NFL in rushing offense. The Eagles (4-2) rank 24th in the league in rushing defense, allowing a beefy 4.5 yards per carry.

After allowing 230 yards to Jones and the Redskins, the Eagles limited the Vikings to 93 rushing yards, although that was actually 23 yards over Minnesota's average.

The Eagles and Cowboys meet for the NFC East lead at 8:30 p.m. Sunday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

“First things first is stopping the run, like every week, but the task is heavy this week because they’re playing so well,” Eagles middle linebacker Jordan Hicks said.

“(They have) one of the best offensive lines in the National Football League and the leading rusher in the National Football League and their offense runs through that run game, so it’s going to be on us to get downhill.

“It’s going to be huge for our gap integrity this week that we stay solid and we stay sound in our gaps and play physical. They like to push, they like to grab a hold of you and just move you and bleed you for five or 10 yards, so it’s going to be on us to stay stout at the point of attack.”

It’s tough to get a sense of where the Eagles are as a rush defense. The only teams they held significantly under their season average were the Bears and Steelers, both before the bye.

The Redskins average 94 rushing yards against the rest of the league but gained 230 against the Eagles. The Vikings averaged 71 against the rest of the league but gained 93 on Sunday.

“We getting better, we getting better,” Fletcher Cox said. “We knew last week we had to step up because of the previous two weeks that teams were really able to run the ball at will on us, so we knew we had to go into that game trying to make them one-dimensional.

“It’s not about the other team, it’s about us. As long as we focus on what we have to do and everybody hones in and plays together, it’s really not about them, it’s about us and how we accept the challenge and how we approach things.”

The Eagles will likely be playing again without one of their top run defenders, injured defensive tackle Bennie Logan. The Cowboys have that huge offensive line stocked with first-round picks and a record-setting running back. And their running attack is similar to Washington’s.

All of which makes this matchup a little scary.

“It’ll be pretty much the same running attack (as Washington),” Jenkins said. “That’s probably the No. 1 key coming into this game. Being in the right place on every play and then when you are in the right place, get the ball carrier down, and everybody’s got to be running to the ball. Those are things we didn’t do well [against Washington].”

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has been brilliant, but to a great extent he’s a product of the Dallas running attack. The Cowboys want to run the ball first to set up the pass and keep defenses guessing.

In the Cowboys’ only loss — on opening day to the Giants — they threw 15 more times than they ran.

It’s the only time this year that’s happened.

During Dallas’s five-game winning streak, they’ve run 35 times more than they’ve thrown.

“It starts with the run and they’re running the ball better than anybody in the league right now, and everything else is built off of that,” Jenkins said.

“If you can’t stop the run, then they’re in 3rd-and-shorts all day and they’re converting — they’re in the top-5 in third down I believe — and then they keep running it, and so then eventually that turns into one of those games where the defense is on the field for a long time, you get tired and eventually those holes get bigger and bigger."

At this point last year, the Eagles were allowing 94 rushing yards per game. Now they're allowing 103.

At this point last year, they were allowing 3.5 yards per carry and now they're allowing 4.5 — their highest through six games since 2011.

In all, the Cowboys have a whopping 967 rushing yards, or 161 per game. If they rush for 180 on Sunday night, they'll become the first NFL team since the 1986 Falcons with 180 rushing yards in five straight games.

"If they’re able to run the ball on us, it’s going to be a long game," Cox said. "We’ve got to go in and stop the run, create negative-yardage plays — that’s what this defense is about — and make them throw the ball.

"And that gives us a chance to do what we love and that’s get after that rookie quarterback.”

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bennie Logan missed today's practice as well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dallas has lost 3 straight at home vs the Eagles. I am worried about this game.
Last year they started Matt Cassell against them, 2014 was the short rest on thanksgiving and Romo wasn't right due to his back routine getting interrupted. I think the 2013 game was Orton.

In context it looks different.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
How are the Eagles going to stop Ezekiel Elliott?
This is the perfect jinx situation.

We have the number one rush offense, no bullshit, no gay draws being set up by fake passes or excessive pistol formations, just flat out awesome combination of personnel and playcalling. We're number one by a lot and we could probably be a lot better.

Combine this with a defense that's suddenly lost its way vs the run and you have the makings of a potential 200+ yard rushing day for Dallas.

Now watch them struggle to make 90.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Last year they started Matt Cassell against them, 2014 was the short rest on thanksgiving and Romo wasn't right due to his back routine getting interrupted. I think the 2013 game was Orton.

In context it looks different.
that doesn't explain why the Eagles were able to rack up lots of points in those games

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
that doesn't explain why the Eagles were able to rack up lots of points in those games
C'mon, gun, without our offense performing well what chance does our undermanned defense really have against any competent offense? Sooner or later we'll collapse.

Top Bottom