2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is the worst junk I've seen and that is saying something.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Most yards in a college game by a player (Mahomes with 800) and most yards combined in a game in history.

Dumb

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is the worst junk I've seen and that is saying something.
It was pathetic all the way around. Even though Oklahoma was leading I turned the game off out of disgust in the late 3rd qtr.

First time I've ever done that in a game where the Sooners were leading practically the entire day.

I'll be so glad when the Stoops era is over; particularly the Mike Stoops era. Mike Stoops is on Rob Ryan's level of suckiness. He has absolutely no idea how to slow down a competent offense. I'd prefer a complete de-Stooping but the boosters and school execs are too blinded by loyalty to show Bob the door.

As an aside, Big 12 games last way too long. It literally took 55 minutes to play the 1st qtr. By the time I turned the game off there was about a minute left in the 3rd qtr and we were getting close to the 4 hour mark. The game started at 8:00PM and probably didn't end until close to 1:00AM. Non OT game at that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It was pathetic all the way around. Even though Oklahoma was leading I turned the game off out of disgust in the late 3rd qtr.

First time I've ever done that in a game where the Sooners were leading practically the entire day.

I'll be so glad when the Stoops era is over; particularly the Mike Stoops era. Mike Stoops is on Rob Ryan's level of suckiness. He has absolutely no idea how to slow down a competent offense. I'd prefer a complete de-Stooping but the boosters and school execs are too blinded by loyalty to show Bob the door.

As an aside, Big 12 games last way too long. It literally took 55 minutes to play the 1st qtr. By the time I turned the game off there was about a minute left in the 3rd qtr and we were getting close to the 4 hour mark. The game started at 8:00PM and probably didn't end until close to 1:00AM. Non OT game at that.

The long commercial breaks and passing all night leads to this crap. It
Feels like flag football or something.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mahomes was 7-7 on 3rd and short and 20-25 converting 3rd downs. Digest that - he converted 20 of 25 third downs. Crazy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mahomes was 7-7 on 3rd and short and 20-25 converting 3rd downs. Digest that - he converted 20 of 25 third downs. Crazy.
That is pretty nuts. Too bad he looked like shit on 1st and 2nd.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Can't complain to much. Just glad to get out of Lubbock with a win. Right now West Virginia is looming large. They may be the conference team to beat.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is pretty nuts. Too bad he looked like shit on 1st and 2nd.
Mahomes put up more production than any player in NCAA history. He had his moments that weren't good but he's hardly the problem.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mahomes put up more production than any player in NCAA history. He had his moments that weren't good but he's hardly the problem.
Of course he's not the biggest problem. That's easily on the D. But, he is just not himself. When you throw the damn ball almost 90 times, you should assume you are going to put up big numbers.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Of course he's not the biggest problem. That's easily on the D. But, he is just not himself. When you throw the damn ball almost 90 times, you should assume you are going to put up big numbers.
He was off at times but he also made about 20 spectacular plays.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Penn state. :towel
I'm happy for them.

They are 5-2 and things are looking up for the first time in a long time.

I'm a big traditionalist when it comes to college football, and I'm a very big fan of Big 10 football because it was my favorite conference to watch as a kid growing up in the 90's. So just as I'm excited to see Michigan return to prominence, I'm hoping that Penn State can become a top 25 team again.

That was a huge win for a program that has needed something like that for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom