Eagles Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Never hated an NFL player more than I did McNabb. Not even close.
He is definitely in my top 5. Merton Hanks I think is #1 for me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He is definitely in my top 5. Merton Hanks I think is #1 for me.
Man, I'd have to think about a top 5 list for me.

Let me take a stab at it....

1. Brandon Jacobs
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Steve Young
4. Jerome Bettis
5. DeAngelo Hall

Cotton

Staff member
Man, I'd have to think about a top 5 list for me.

Let me take a stab at it....

1. Brandon Jacobs
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Steve Young
4. Jerome Bettis
5. DeAngelo Hall
Let's see here...

1. Merton Hanks
2. Donovan McNabb
3. TO
4. Brandon Jacobs
5. DeAngelo Hall

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Let's see here...

1. Merton Hanks
2. Donovan McNabb
3. TO
4. Brandon Jacobs
5. DeAngelo Hall
T.O. would've been on my list had he not been a Cowboy.

I hated the guy, but I can't lie, it was fun watching him play in 2006 and especially 2007. I didn't hate him for 2008 because I expected him to wear out his welcome eventually, but I appreciated how good he was for us in his short time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hated Ron Jaworski, Phil Simms and Steve Young pretty bad. Hines Ward and Fav-Ruh too.

Cotton

Staff member
T.O. would've been on my list had he not been a Cowboy.

I hated the guy, but I can't lie, it was fun watching him play in 2006 and especially 2007. I didn't hate him for 2008 because I expected him to wear out his welcome eventually, but I appreciated how good he was for us in his short time.
I hated him enough that even his time with us didn't drop him out of my top 5.

Cotton

Staff member
Hated Ron Jaworski, Phil Simms and Steve Young pretty bad. Hines Ward and Fav-Ruh too.
I forgot about Ward and Simms. And, Favre I hate but for different reasons.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A lot of hate in here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I can't think of any player that has withstood the test of time for me. There have been several that I hated at different times but can't think of any that bother me now. Saying that there is 1 person that still gets under my skin and it's Buddy Ryan. He has withstood the test of time for me.

Cotton

Staff member
I can't think of any player that has withstood the test of time for me. There have been several that I hated at different times but can't think of any that bother me now. Saying that there is 1 person that still gets under my skin and it's Buddy Ryan. He has withstood the test of time for me.
Most hated coach ever for me, and it's not even close.

dallen

Senior Tech
This thread is very hostile

Cotton

Staff member
This thread is very hostile
Hey, you wanna win this weekend, don't you? You gotta get hype, man! You let yourself get complacent and they will walk all over us. Stay sharp and hate away. They are the enemy.

townsend

Banned
In my time as a fan, Philly has been my most hated team, by leaps and bounds. But mostly I just hate the fans and their trash city.

I never held anything against the players or coaches, once they left Philly.

Cotton

Staff member
Scouting the Eagles: Beware Philadelphia's nasty defense -- one that has KO'd two QBs this year

By Rick Gosselin , Staff Columnist

Doug Pederson made two key moves after he became the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles last offseason.

Pederson drafted quarterback Carson Wentz to give his offense an identity. He also hired Jim Schwartz to give his defense an identity.

And that defensive identity has been the pass rush.

Schwartz has one of the most creative defensive minds in the game. He has coordinated NFL defenses at Tennessee and Buffalo and also presided over a Detroit defense as head coach of the Lions. All displayed a knack for pressuring quarterbacks with a 44-sack season at Tennessee, another 44-sack season at Detroit and a 52-sack season at Buffalo.

Philadelphia represents the best pass rush Dak Prescott will have faced in his brief NFL career when the Eagles visit the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium Sunday night in an NFC East showdown. The Eagles rank third in the NFL with 20 sacks and it's a nasty rush. Two quarterbacks, Robert Griffin III of the Redskins and Jay Cutler of the Bears, have not played since facing the Eagles because of injuries.

Philadelphia sacked Griffin and Cutler three times apiece in the first two games of the season. The Eagles sacked Ben Roethlisberger and Matthew Stafford four times apiece and then sacked Sam Bradford six times last week in a home upset of the previously-unbeaten Minnesota Vikings.

Schwartz has a front four that can pressure the quarterback but likes the blitz to create mismatches. Five offensive linemen can't block six pass rushers. Someone will come free. The Eagles have 20 sacks from 11 different players. They come off the edge with eight sacks from ends, up the middle with seven sacks from tackles and on blitzes with two sacks from linebackers and two more from safeties.

The six sacks of Bradford came from six different defenders, including three on blitzes. Four were strip sacks that produced fumbles, including two that were recovered by the Eagles. End Brandon Graham hit Bradford another time as he was passing and the flutter ball that left his hand became the first interception of the season thrown by the Minnesota quarterback. Graham's hit was one of 12 non-sack hits of Bradford on the day.

The Eagles have been amassing the talent over the years that has given Schwartz a chance for success in his first season on the job. His defensive-line corps includes two first-round draft picks (Graham and tackle Fletcher Cox) and two second-rounders (ends Connor Barwin and Vinnie Curry). Schwartz also has another second-rounder in his front seven, outside backer Mychal Kendricks, and a pair of third rounders, tackle Bennie Logan and outside backer Jordan Hicks.

Hicks, by the way, was the defender who put Tony Romo on the shelf in September 2015 with a sack that fractured his clavicle. Barwin was signed in free agency as was safety Malcolm Jenkins, a former first-round pick of the Saints.

Unlike last season, when Chip Kelly's speed-it-up offense forced his defense to play more than 34 minutes per game, Doug Pederson has flipped the script. With Wentz at the helm, the Eagles now have a more controlled offense that hangs onto the football and keeps the defense rested. Philadelphia now ranks third in the NFL in time of possession at 32 minutes, 16 seconds per game.

Fresh legs give the Philadelphia defense a chance -- and Schwartz's attacking scheme gives them a chance to thrive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Schwartz has one of the most creative defensive minds in the game. He has coordinated NFL defenses at Tennessee and Buffalo and also presided over a Detroit defense as head coach of the Lions. All displayed a knack for pressuring quarterbacks with a 44-sack season at Tennessee, another 44-sack season at Detroit and a 52-sack season at Buffalo..
Yeah, I wanted him as our defensive coordinator. It's amazing what a coach can do for a defense.

Top Bottom