Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Wade Phillips just that taken out on the Bronco's sideline... was hit hard by a Chargers' player.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Because he is my friend and I have to pretend like a give a shit.

If he posted that on Facebook, I would have to give him a like.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I was thinking that when teams play the Packers or the Pats. Like if your back is against the endzone I would just run to the back of the endzone to avoid the penalty. Wonder why teams don't do that. Especially if you have to run from the opposite side of the field.
It's not just "off the field", you have to be in your team's designated area on the sideline.

Cotton

Staff member
How's it going fellow Cowboy fans! First post. Used to belong to this forum a LONG time ago when it was just known as Cowboys Central. Glad to be with you guys on this special (hopefully championship) season. Look forward to discussing our team with yall
Welcome to the board.

MikeRod72

Brand New Member
It's not just "off the field", you have to be in your team's designated area on the sideline.
I would imagine it would be like that. Just would like to see if someone try it. What would they call anyway? Delay of Game maybe?

Cotton

Staff member
I was thinking that when teams play the Packers or the Pats. Like if your back is against the endzone I would just run to the back of the endzone to avoid the penalty. Wonder why teams don't do that. Especially if you have to run from the opposite side of the field.
You can't run to the endzone, because you have to be between the allowed area on your sideline. Notice the lines at the 25 on the sideline in the pic below. You can't be north or south of those lines. That would rule out the endzone as an option.

MikeRod72

Brand New Member
You can't run to the endzone, because you have to be between the allowed area on your sideline. Notice the lines at the 25 on the sideline in the pic below. You can't be north or south of those lines. That would rule out the endzone as an option.

Got it. Thanks for the course correction.

Cotton

Staff member
I would imagine it would be like that. Just would like to see if someone try it. What would they call anyway? Delay of Game maybe?
Unsportsman like conduct, I assume. Similar to being past the line at the sidelines.

dallen

Senior Tech
Thanks for the visual aid. I had forgotten what a football field looks like.

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom