Eagles Stuff...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
With the way our secondary is playing, I do not throw Scandrick back into the starting role.

Let him go back to the nickel spot which is where he is best at anyway.

Just like the Romo/Dak thing, the performance from our entire secondary had been so surprisingly good that I wouldn't pull Carr or Claiborne unless they just start playing bad.

Everything is just working so well that we need to tweak as little as possible.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
With the way our secondary is playing, I do not throw Scandrick back into the starting role.

Just like the Romo/Dak thing, the performance from our entire secondary had been so surprisingly good that I wouldn't pull Carr or Claiborne unless they just start playing bad.

Shit, fuck giving him the starting job, I don't know that I'd put him on the field over Brown at this point. He can work as the 4th CB until he and/or one of the other CB's proves he should be playing more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I can't magine that we bench Claiborne. Plus this team runs a nickle defense the majority of the time anyway.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

I have to agree it's best to ease him in to test his recovery and athleticism. He has been complaining a lot this year.

With the QB position that approach is impossible.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
COWBOYS VS EAGLES: 5 BOLD PREDICTIONS

By RJ Ochoa - October 28, 2016

I love the National Anthem at football games. Absolutely love it.

One of my favorite things to do when I’ve got a case of writer’s block is to stumble down a YouTube rabbit hole of my all-time favorite renditions of this glorious song (The best version ever is Beyonce’s Super Bowl XXXVIII one).

My love for this song and how it relates to the NFL was born on Christmas Day 2006 (a day in which I learned that anything can happen). Let me set the stage for you.

My Dad and I were attending a Christmas Day game between the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles at the storied Texas Stadium. We were at our seats and stood when the PA announcer said a few Cowboys Cheerleaders were going to sing the anthem.

My Dad and I shortly before I rocked Texas Stadium with my National Anthem roar.

I stood there, hand over my heart, and took it all in. This was the first Dallas Cowboys game that I’d ever attended in person, and it was all so beautiful. The atmosphere was unlike anything I’d ever witnessed. The way the sun peeked in through the iconic hole in the roof and kissed the sidelines was like a painting. Needless to say, my emotions were running high.

The energy in my body simply could not be contained any longer. I had to get it out. My body was like a soda can when you shake it… and I was about to crack it open.

This particular crowd was hushed over and enjoying the National Anthem, so it was shockingly quiet. The only sound in the whole stadium was the collective voice of the Cheerleaders singing. Suddenly the Cheerleaders hit the line, “O’er the Land of the Free…” and held that note. When they did, I erupted.

“YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!”

It was like I dropped a lit match into a Texas Stadium-sized tub of gasoline. My roar ignited the crowd and we cheered in unison as “…and the home of the Brave!” came out to finish it.

My roar was so spontaneous and so bold that my Dad actually jumped. Sometimes that happens with boldness. It’s unexpected, unplanned, and one tiny bit of it can cause a fire.

The Cowboys are that fire. This is that tiny bit. Welcome to my 5 Bold Predictions. Let’s roll.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Jason Witten Has His Best Game Of The Season

One of the greatest moments of Jason Witten’s career against the Eagles came on this 53-yard reception in Philadelphia during the 2007 season.
When ‘ol number 82 trots out as the starting tight end for the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football, he’ll be setting a Franchise Record.

Jason Witten is making his 204th start for the Cowboys on Sunday, which will be the most by anyone to ever wear the Star. Witten is currently tied for first with Ed “Too Tall” Jones with 203 starts, so it just feels like destiny that this would be his night.

Witten has played 25 games against the Eagles in his career. In that time he’s caught 146 passes for 1,592 yards and 7 touchdowns. In 2015’s two contests against Philly, Jason caught 13 passes for 99 yards.

This is a squad Jason Witten has dominated year in and year out. On this night – his night – he’ll do it again.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

The Cowboys Defense Will Recover An Intended Lateral That’s Ruled A Fumble

This is oddly specific, BUT THAT’S HOW WE ROLL WITH BOLD PREDICTIONS.

Look, weird things happen in division rivalries. Eagles Quarterback Carson Wentz is being exposed to the bright lights that the Dallas Cowboys bring for the first time, and that’s likely going to overwhelm his North Dakota roots.

Wentz, who has thrown literally three times as many career interceptions as Dak Prescott, is going to try and hit a screen pass in this game… I can smell it. It’s going to fall short and whatever receiver it is is going to just assume it’s incomplete, but Byron Jones is going to wisely snatch it up and score a possession for the Cowboys. Boo-ya.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Lucky Whitehead Will Catch Two Passes

Guess how many career catches Lucky Whitehead has. Go ahead, guess.

The answer is one. Lucky Whitehead has caught a pass in an NFL regular season game only one time in the history of the world, and it happened the last time the Cowboys played (at Lambeau Field). I’m here proclaiming he’s going to double that number!

Lucky is becoming a favorite toy of Offensive Coordinator Scott Linehan (who is welcoming an old friend to town on Sunday). The 26 yards Whitehead picked up on a third down jet sweep at the end of the Packers game served as the catalyst for why Dallas won that game.

Linehan is going to get Lucky involved this game. Two beautiful passes are going to soar out of Dak Prescott‘s hand into Lucky Whitehead’s ever-waiting palms.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

The Cowboys Defense Won’t Allow A Single Touchdown From The Eagles Offense

The Eagles have scored four touchdowns in their last two games (at Washington and against Minnesota):

2 were kickoff returns.
1 was an interception return.
1 was a passing touchdown.

This team is predicated on its defense and special teams carrying it, the offense is the weakest link. That’s a horrible recipe for success to have when you’re facing the Dallas Cowboys who are going to dominate the time of possession.

The Philly Offense is going to be on the field sparingly, and when they are Rod Marinelli’s group is going to make sure it’s always in a failed attempt to score.

✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Cole Beasley Will Have More Than Twice As Many Yards Than The Top Eagles Wide Receiver Does

There’s a lot pomp and circumstance concerning the Dallas Cowboys Wide Receivers this week, and there should be. It’s very likely that Dez Bryant will play for the first time since the last time the Cowboys were on Sunday Night Football, a Week 3 contest against the Chicago Bears.

No disrespect to Mr. Throw Up The X, but through six games the best receiver on the Dallas Cowboys is Cole Beasley. The Saucemaster has been on all kinds of fire this season, and as quarterback Dak Prescott’s favorite weapon that is only going to continue in this game against the Eagles.

The Cowboys Defense is going to do a great job of limiting the Eagles playmakers throughout the contest, and Cole is going to do an even better job of doubling them up in the yardage department.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-headlines/cowboys-vs-eagles-5-bold-predictions/?utm_campaign=InsideTheStarShare&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Ugh. That was horrid to read.

Genghis Khan

:lol I see I'm not alone hating that article. I couldn't even get through it. Just brutal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
COWBOYS VS EAGLES: 5 BOLD PREDICTIONS

By RJ Ochoa - October 28, 2016

I love the National Anthem at football games. Absolutely love it.
I fucking hate you for posting that piece of shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From NFL Network's own Brian Baldinger:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Shit, fuck giving him the starting job, I don't know that I'd put him on the field over Brown at this point. He can work as the 4th CB until he and/or one of the other CB's proves he should be playing more.
I heard that they were going to rotate him in with Brown playing a lot of snaps. That going forward there will be a rotation among the DB's to keep them fresh. With Wilcox playing well has even that enabled them to do things on the back end that was otherwise unexpected.

Go and listen to Friday's episode of Talkin Cowboys on DC.com... they go through a lot of interesting scenarios with the way guys have been playing so far.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/10/28/talkin-cowboys-what-expect-vs-philadelphia

(about the 14:00 mark)

Later on they also discuss our options now that it's looking like Jenkins will be covering our slot guy... do they give him safety help with Beasley and leave Dez one on one? Do they split safeties and leave Witten open in the middle? I was also thinking they could line up pre-snap with Dez and T Will on the outside, Witten, and both Morris and Zeke in the backfield, and motion Zeke into the slot.

Genghis Khan

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/NFL-Networks-Brian-Baldinger-says-Eagles-should-put-a-little-bounty-on-Ezekiel-Elliott.html

Sports — Eagles Now
NFL Network’s Brian Baldinger says Eagles should ‘put a little bounty’ on Ezekiel Elliott
Updated: OCTOBER 30, 2016 — 9:46 AM EDT
6 106

Brian-Baldinger-NFL
Camera icon AL MESSERSCHMIDT/GETTY IMAGES

NFL Network commentator Brian Baldinger, seen here during a 2006 game. The league probably isn't happy with Baldy after comments he made about Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.
by Rob Tornoe, Staff Writer @RobTornoe
So far, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been on an unstoppable tear. Heading into Week 8, the rookie phenom is the league’s second leading rusher with 703 yards, averaging over 5 yards a carry and scoring 5 touchdowns.

So how do the Eagles stop him? NFL Network analyst and former Eagles offensive lineman Brian Baldinger said if he were defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, he’d put a bounty on the star running back.

"This is the guy that that we've got to hurt," Baldinger said Friday on 97.5 The Fanatic. "This is the guy that we've got to take out of the game. There's got to be 10 guys that want to hurt him every single play. In fact, we may even put a little bounty on Ezekiel Elliott. Let’s get to [backup] Alfred Morris."

Baldiner also echoed former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, suspended over a year for his role in “Bountygate,” who was fond of the phrase, “Kill the head and the body will die.”

“You want to cut off the head to kill the body, that’s the guy you’ve got to get to,” Baldinger said, adding that the rookie running back was arrogant for showing up to the draft wearing a belly shirt with a tuxedo collar.

“If I’m Jim Schwartz right now, I’m putting a picture of Ezekiel Elliott in that belly shirt from the draft up there,” Baldinger said.

Since the unprecedented crackdown on the Saints, which lead to multiple suspensions, fines and the loss of draft picks, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has made it clear the league will not tolerate any talk of bounties or intentionally hurting players. Baldinger, an NFL employee, tweeted later Friday afternoon his comments about Elliott were “mostly tongue in cheek.”

Baldinger and the NFL didn’t not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Back in 2010, Baldinger admitted that he once intentially broke the ankle of Eric Swann, a defensive tackle on the then-NFC East rival Phoenix Cardinals, after claiming the defender went after his knee during the first game of the 1993 season.

“It was so well crafted that you couldn’t really see my intent. It was just a legal chop-block, but I made sure to work with the center and the tackle to make sure the high-low was in effect,” Baldinger told The Fanatic host Mike Missanelli back in 2010. “I had talked about it and actually had a game-plan for it, and I’m actually pretty proud of it because he was a dirtiest player that ever played the game.”

Former Rams and Washington linebacker London Fletcher, who is an NFL analyst for CBS Sports, was among the critics to pounce on Baldinger’s comments, calling them reckless:

The idea of a team offering a bounty for intentionally injuring a player has recently reappeared in the news after Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre revealed that during his time with the Vikings, Minnesota instituted their own bounty program in 2009.

“It was part of the culture,” Artis Hicks, a Minnesota offensive lineman, told author Jeff Pearlman in his autobiography of Favre. “I had coaches start a pot and all the veterans put in an extra $100, $200, and if you hurt someone special, you get the money. There was a bottom line, and I think we all bought in: you’re there to win, and if taking out the other team’s best player helps you win, hey, it’s nothing personal. Just business.”

Baldinger played 11 seasons in the NFL. In addition to his time in Philadelphia, Baldinger also spent time playing for the Cowboys, Bill and Colts. In addition to his role as an analyst for the NFL Network, he is a regular contributor on The Fanatic.

Top Bottom