2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Tubby Two-Guns' man tits are literally resting on his waist.

townsend

Banned
The Wikileak this is referencing actually came off as empathetic. It had a "no wonder they're pissed off." tone to it.
“Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future. I met with a group of young black millennials today and you know one of the young women said, “You know, none of us feel that we have the job that we should have gotten out of college. And we don’t believe the job market is going to give us much of a chance.”

“So that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. And so if you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing.
Not exactly an unfair portrayal.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The Wikileak this is referencing actually came off as empathetic. It had a "no wonder they're pissed off." tone to it.

Not exactly an unfair portrayal.
I agree, but Hillary haters and Trump sympathizers think they are making a point.

She essentially said the same thing in public during the primary in a debate.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Still waiting for the bombshell email to drop so far they have been pretty lame.

If something is going to curtail her track to winning it has to drop this week so that it can have time to make a full impact.

townsend

Banned
Still waiting for the bombshell email to drop so far they have been pretty lame.

If something is going to curtail her track to winning it has to drop this week so that it can have time to make a full impact.
I think the big "bombshell" was her Wall Street speech transcript, which proved she was as duplicitous as everyone already knew she was.

Just the fact that she was giving paid speech to investment banks kind of proved she was friendly with them. It's not like she was going to sit crossed legged on the floor like CM Punk, and tell them they ruined the economy.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It wasn't a "bombshell" because nobody seemed to care, but her staffers openly talked about starting left-wing Catholic PACs to undermine the Church hierarchy with what they called a "Catholic Spring." It basically confirmed what a lot of orthodox Catholic commentators were saying all along, while they were being accused of paranoia by members of these PACs.

This matters to me, and it's ultimately the reason Hillary won't get my "rejection of Trump" vote. Imagine the fallout if Trump had been found to be working to undermine the authority of non-Christian religion in America.

townsend

Banned
It wasn't a "bombshell" because nobody seemed to care, but her staffers openly talked about starting left-wing Catholic PACs to undermine the Church hierarchy with what they called a "Catholic Spring." It basically confirmed what a lot of orthodox Catholic commentators were saying all along, while they were being accused of paranoia by members of these PACs.

This matters to me, and it's ultimately the reason Hillary won't get my "rejection of Trump" vote. Imagine the fallout if Trump had been found to be working to undermine the authority of non-Christian religion in America.
There would have literally been no fallout. Trump has done everything right wing evangelicals have been fighting against. Evangelicals wouldn't give up on their golden calf no matter if he shat on Pat Robertson's face..

Jiggyfly

Banned
Fox "News":lol

The Clinton fixer who gave an interview in the National Enquirer last week was revealed as Jeffrey Rovin on Monday night's episode of Hannity

Rovin downplayed parts of the Enquirer story during his appearance

He says he only met Hillary twice in his life

He also said that he had apologized to Monica Lewinsky after he was part of an effort to dig up dirt on her after her affair with Bill

Hannity asked if Rovin was ever subject to Hillary's 'infamous temper'
But Rovin said she did not have a temper, just a 'steeliness'

Rovin also said that Hillary and Vince Foster's affair was an 'open secret' among members of his circle

Rovin is the former editor of the Weekly World News, a tabloid that ran articles about Hillary dating aliens and adopting extra terrestrial beings

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3870794/Clinton-fixer-unmasked-Hannity-reveals-did-not-interact-Bill-Hillary-apologized-Monica-Lewinsky.html#ixzz4O9OCDXYD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Kbrown

Not So New Member
There would have literally been no fallout. Trump has done everything right wing evangelicals have been fighting against. Evangelicals wouldn't give up on their golden calf no matter if he shat on Pat Robertson's face..
I'm talking about media coverage, not support.

townsend

Banned
I'm talking about media coverage, not support.
But we've reached such a saturation with Trump outrage. It would die in a news cycle. Just like every unforgivable thing he always does. By the time he hit the General campaign his "fallout" was like a game of mad libs that the media and the GOP played on a weekly basis.

"The Trump campaign is scrambling after footage surfaced of Trump LITERALLY SHITTING ON PAT ROBERTSON'S FACE. When reached for comment Paul Ryan condemned Trump saying that LITERALLY SHITTING ON PAT ROBERTSON'S FACE does not fall in line conservative values. Ryan has not withdrawn his endorsement."

2233boys

Not So New Member
But we've reached such a saturation with Trump outrage. It would die in a news cycle. Just like every unforgivable thing he always does. By the time he hit the General campaign his "fallout" was like a game of mad libs that the media and the GOP played on a weekly basis.

"The Trump campaign is scrambling after footage surfaced of Trump LITERALLY SHITTING ON PAT ROBERTSON'S FACE. When reached for comment Paul Ryan condemned Trump saying that LITERALLY SHITTING ON PAT ROBERTSON'S FACE does not fall in line conservative values. Ryan has not withdrawn his endorsement."
:lol

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Could someone explain to me why Republican presidents (vs. Big Government) rack up the biggest debt?
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven't seen the numbers on the current administration lately but the deficient was headed for a record amount at one point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could someone explain to me why Republican presidents (vs. Big Government) rack up the biggest debt?
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
For the same reason that things have gotten even worse for the poor under a democratic president. Republicans claim to have certain ideals, democrats claim to have certain ideals but in reality they are all the same. They are politicians who only care about racking up favors and getting elected again.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I haven't seen the numbers on the current administration lately but the deficient was headed for a record amount at one point.
He added 68% to the biggest number in history since it has steadily grown since WWII, every president (with little exception) will do that, but not % wise which would be easier to compare, there GW went 101%.
Clinton 32%
Reagan 186%
GHB 54%
Carter 43%

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He added 68% to the biggest number in history since it has steadily grown since WWII, every president (with little exception) will do that, but not % wise which would be easier to compare, there GW went 101%.
Clinton 32%
Reagan 186%
GHB 54%
Carter 43%
Dealing strictly with percentages can be a little deceiving as to actual dollar changes. The actual numbers show the amount the deficit increases while percentage of increase compares one amount to another. Example a billion dollar increase in the amount this year may be say 20 % of the amount of this years deficit over last year but last years deficit was a half billion but and was still 40% of the previous years deficit.

Amounts and percentages are thrown around with a lot of spin. The actual dollars are still increasing the overall deficit at a record pace even though the increase may not be as high a percent this year but still a deficit. It's confusing. Just look at the actual dollar figure to get a truer representation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amounts and percentages are thrown around with a lot of spin. The actual dollars are still increasing the overall deficit at a record pace even though the increase may not be as high a percent this year but still a deficit. It's confusing. Just look at the actual dollar figure to get a truer representation.
Yeah the best measure would be dollar increase adjusted for inflation. Percentage is a pretty meaningless statistic when it comes to an increase in the deficit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom